TU Reach is better than H4? No.

Guys, to all those saying “Halo 4 is worse than reach, and heres why…” Lets put some perspective on this.

You are comparing a game that has been out for 3 weeks, that was beta less, and feels like it is still in beta stage to a game that has been out for two years AND had a Beta.

Where is the sense in that? You can argue all you want that TU reach is better than Halo 4, but what about vanilla reach? You are comparing to very, very differnt things. You are comparing something that had years to evolve, to better its stature, to a newborn.

Thats like comparing me to my two year old brother.

Let me put it this way: Default Halo 4 is greater than Default Reach. By far.

Now, in 6 months, when Halo 4 has completed a majority of it’s development or is at least decently playable then you can compare that two.

Halo 4, once all the kinks and crap have been smoothed out, and all the problems have been settled, Halo 4 will EASILY be better than TU reach.

I can say that with absolute certainty.

Were you to load up a remake of “The Pit” with no sprint, no AAs, but the ability to choose your class with balanced weapons, weapons spawn on map, and play a very competitve game (this is directed at competitve players) then it will EASILY outclass Halo reach.

Why? Because Halo 4 is much more fluid, and easy to look at. The movements are solid, and they’re not nearly as gittery and blocky as reach. So were you to play Halo 4 on reach MLG settings on a Pit remake, it will very likely play better than reach.

But thats my thought. If you disagree, post your reasons why below.

Keep it clean guys,

-Silent

I agree completely. I do love Halo 4 and Reach, but neither game is flawless. People complaining about missing gametypes and playlists in Halo 4 need to sit back and wait a bit, odds are that they’re going to appear at one point or another.

And 343 Industries said that they would be listening to community feedback regarding the balance of loadout weapons, and also explained that Title Updates would be used to not only fix glitches and balance issues, but to also evolve and add features to the game.

So no, the game isn’t perfect and is missing some things, but they’ll come. People need to chill out and stop nitpicking about the small things and just play the game to enjoy it. It’s surprising how much more fun you have when you’re not determined to find everything you don’t like.

> I agree completely. I do love Halo 4 and Reach, but neither game is flawless. People complaining about missing gametypes and playlists in Halo 4 need to sit back and wait a bit, odds are that they’re going to appear at one point or another.
>
> And 343 Industries said that they would be listening to community feedback regarding the balance of loadout weapons, and also explained that Title Updates would be used to not only fix glitches and balance issues, but to also evolve and add features to the game.
>
> So no, the game isn’t perfect and is missing some things, but they’ll come. People need to chill out and stop nitpicking about the small things and just play the game to enjoy it. It’s surprising how much more fun you have when you’re not determined to find everything you don’t like.

Even then, I’m all for people nitpicking (such as custom and forge options, along with balance stuff) but things like gametypes that we already know will be added in the future, that just needs to settle down for a bit.

If we point out things in a respectful manner, all will be well. I’m just finding it strange that people compare it to reach. halo 4 is practically still in development, it still needs time to eveolve, to become better. Complaining about how broken the game is, but not offereing any way to fix it makes no sense.

A game is never perfect out of the box. Halo 2, one of the most (if not the most) highly regarded games for it’s online multiplayer, was completely broken out of the box, COMPLETELY. But it turned out amazing. People need to give Halo 4 that same oppurtunity.

Completely agree. It’s almost like two different games we have here. The only joining factor between the two is that they both have the DMR.

Just as a example I’m going to list off 5 things I dislike from the two:

Reach
No bleed-through melee
Health system
Movement speed, strafe, and jump height
Under-powered vehicles
Over-powered and unbalanced AA’s

Halo 4
Lack-luster Playlist choices
Boltshot unbalanced for Load-Out
De-scoping
Join-In Progress
Some vehicle balancing issues on maps (aka Mantis on Valhalla)

Now looking between the two we had a lot of in-game issues with the core game-play of Reach. Halo 4 has it’s issues, but it has a solid core. Fast movement, crisp controls, and balanced AA’s just to name a few.

Halo 4 in 2-4 months is going to be a spectacular game. Much like Halo 3 was after its first TU.

> Completely agree. It’s almost like two different games we have here. The only joining factor between the two is that they both have the DMR.
>
> Just as a example I’m going to list off 5 things I dislike from the two:
>
> Reach
> No bleed-through melee
> Health system
> Movement speed, strafe, and jump height
> Under-powered vehicles
> Over-powered and unbalanced AA’s
>
> Halo 4
> Lack-luster Playlist choices
> Boltshot unbalanced for Load-Out
> De-scoping
> Join-In Progress
> Some vehicle balancing issues on maps (aka Mantis on Valhalla)
>
> Now looking between the two we had a lot of in-game issues with the core game-play of Reach. Halo 4 has it’s issues, but it has a solid core. Fast movement, crisp controls, and balanced AA’s just to name a few.
>
> Halo 4 in 2-4 months is going to be a spectacular game. Much like Halo 3 was after its first TU.

Exactly. Halo 2 and 3 were terrible out of the box, but once they got fixed, boy where they amazing.

Give Halo 4 the same amount of time, and it will easily exceed reach. The devs just need to figure out what the people like, whats unbalanced, whats broken. Once that is out of the way, the game will likely be the best installment to the series since Halo 3, and I’d actually go so far as to say Halo 2 if ordinance is dropped (pun intended) and weapons are placed on map.

… Time, people forget that games take time…

Coming from a die hard diablo 2 fan, i wanted to murder anyone who said that that Diablo 3 would take a few months or weeks for it to truly become a great game after updates. Whats so wrong with making sure by going that extra step to make the balance and development are even smoother. They had a decent amount of time to improve and learn from 3 and reach, and i feel like the plethora of small problems are something that could have been avoided with a little more attention to detail.

Beta reach was better than Halo 4 since beta reach let you just hit X in the post game lobby to add the previous game to your hard drive without needing to exit go to files, temp folder, find it and then hit save. God I miss that feature.