TU game type is mediocre

I’ve just played a few games of zero bloom with a bunch of friends , and honestly, I’m very disappointed. It just changes the game too much. In a game of team slayer DMRs we all were unaffected since we used teamwork, but when we played FFA the problems with the TU were evident.
-The assault rifle was made completely useless since all you needed to do was spray DMR shots.
-To make it worse ,the melee bleedthrough made it so that you only had to fire 2 shots and then melee to kill someone.
-The active camo is now useless with an excessively short duration.
-The grenades have to be practically right next to someone to do anything
-You can’t stay out in the open at all, everyone is camping

Solutions
-Increase AR damage or increase bloom
-Less bleedthrough or weaker melee
-Longer Camo
-Change back AOE for grenades
-Increase bloom.

i really didnt notice many grenade changes. Thats just me.
I really only tested bloom, and i loved it. Thats just IMO of course.

Or, go back to Reach and stop spoiling it for those who enjoy the changes!

Actually its 3 shots with the DMR and then melee to kill someone. I honestly really love the way it plays now. Its much more fast paced and not random which is what I love and the way it should be in my opinion.

> I’ve just played a few games of zero bloom with a bunch of friends , and honestly, I’m very disappointed. It just changes the game too much. In a game of team slayer DMRs we all were unaffected since we used teamwork, but when we played FFA the problems with the TU were evident.
> -The assault rifle was made completely useless since all you needed to do was spray DMR shots.
> -To make it worse ,the melee bleedthrough made it so that you only had to fire 2 shots and then melee to kill someone.
> -The active camo is now useless with an excessively short duration.
> -The grenades have to be practically right next to someone to do anything
> -You can’t stay out in the open at all, everyone is camping
>
> Solutions
> -Increase AR damage or increase bloom
> -Less bleedthrough or weaker melee
> -Longer Camo
> -Change back AOE for grenades
> -Increase bloom.

Haha, no. That would take us back to vannilla Reach and not Halo:Reach where we are heading to right now. Although, I do agree the AR will need a buff if it wants to survive against the new and improved DMR. If the AR doesn’t improve, all you need is smarts and teamwork. If you team up with a buddy and both of you attack with your assualt rifles on an enemy, you can kill them pretty fast. Also throw a nade followed by a spray of gun fire will do the same. See? The AR isn’t useless, you just gotta know how to use it.

> > I’ve just played a few games of zero bloom with a bunch of friends , and honestly, I’m very disappointed. It just changes the game too much. In a game of team slayer DMRs we all were unaffected since we used teamwork, but when we played FFA the problems with the TU were evident.
> > -The assault rifle was made completely useless since all you needed to do was spray DMR shots.
> > -To make it worse ,the melee bleedthrough made it so that you only had to fire 2 shots and then melee to kill someone.
> > -The active camo is now useless with an excessively short duration.
> > -The grenades have to be practically right next to someone to do anything
> > -You can’t stay out in the open at all, everyone is camping
> >
> > Solutions
> > -Increase AR damage or increase bloom
> > -Less bleedthrough or weaker melee
> > -Longer Camo
> > -Change back AOE for grenades
> > -Increase bloom.
>
> Haha, no. That would take us back to vannilla Reach and not Halo:Reach where we are heading to right now. Although, I do agree the AR will need a buff if it wants to survive against the new and improved DMR. If the AR doesn’t improve, all you need is smarts and teamwork. If you team up with a buddy and both of you attack with your assualt rifles on an enemy, you can kill them pretty fast. Also throw a nade followed by a spray of gun fire will do the same. See? The AR isn’t useless, you just gotta know how to use it.

Also, because the DMR won’t have bloom, straffing is actually effective.

> > I’ve just played a few games of zero bloom with a bunch of friends , and honestly, I’m very disappointed. It just changes the game too much. In a game of team slayer DMRs we all were unaffected since we used teamwork, but when we played FFA the problems with the TU were evident.
> > -The assault rifle was made completely useless since all you needed to do was spray DMR shots.
> > -To make it worse ,the melee bleedthrough made it so that you only had to fire 2 shots and then melee to kill someone.
> > -The active camo is now useless with an excessively short duration.
> > -The grenades have to be practically right next to someone to do anything
> > -You can’t stay out in the open at all, everyone is camping
> >
> > Solutions
> > -Increase AR damage or increase bloom
> > -Less bleedthrough or weaker melee
> > -Longer Camo
> > -Change back AOE for grenades
> > -Increase bloom.
>
> Haha, no. That would take us back to vannilla Reach and not Halo:Reach where we are heading to right now. Although, I do agree the AR will need a buff if it wants to survive against the new and improved DMR. If the AR doesn’t improve, all you need is smarts and teamwork. If you team up with a buddy and both of you attack with your assualt rifles on an enemy, you can kill them pretty fast. Also throw a nade followed by a spray of gun fire will do the same. See? The AR isn’t useless, you just gotta know how to use it.

But assuming that we have DMR and AR starts as was the case in my games it would be more efficient to just have both people use DMRs and kill the enemy even faster. As I said in our team games we all did very well because we communicate. Its just that in a FFA game its practially useless.

> > > I’ve just played a few games of zero bloom with a bunch of friends , and honestly, I’m very disappointed. It just changes the game too much. In a game of team slayer DMRs we all were unaffected since we used teamwork, but when we played FFA the problems with the TU were evident.
> > > -The assault rifle was made completely useless since all you needed to do was spray DMR shots.
> > > -To make it worse ,the melee bleedthrough made it so that you only had to fire 2 shots and then melee to kill someone.
> > > -The active camo is now useless with an excessively short duration.
> > > -The grenades have to be practically right next to someone to do anything
> > > -You can’t stay out in the open at all, everyone is camping
> > >
> > > Solutions
> > > -Increase AR damage or increase bloom
> > > -Less bleedthrough or weaker melee
> > > -Longer Camo
> > > -Change back AOE for grenades
> > > -Increase bloom.
> >
> > Haha, no. That would take us back to vannilla Reach and not Halo:Reach where we are heading to right now. Although, I do agree the AR will need a buff if it wants to survive against the new and improved DMR. If the AR doesn’t improve, all you need is smarts and teamwork. If you team up with a buddy and both of you attack with your assualt rifles on an enemy, you can kill them pretty fast. Also throw a nade followed by a spray of gun fire will do the same. See? The AR isn’t useless, you just gotta know how to use it.
>
> But assuming that we have DMR and AR starts as was the case in my games it would be more efficient to just have both people use DMRs and kill the enemy even faster. As I said in our team games we all did very well because we communicate. Its just that in a FFA game its practially useless.

Excuse me, but I’m still a little new here, but what does FFA mean?

Free For All though in Halo its called “Rumble Pit” or “Lone Wolves”

And also I agree that you could strafe with a DMR but that would further replace the AR in its role.

I like 5 better. requires more strategy

> Free For All though in Halo its called “Rumble Pit” or “Lone Wolves”
>
> And also I agree that you could strafe with a DMR but that would further replace the AR in its role.

I see, I see. FFA=Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves, got it!

And about straffing, I meant that you could straff with your AR while killing an enemy with a DMR, and I don’t think straffing will be as affective going aganst an enemy with an AR due to how the AR will keep bloom and bullets start flying and going everywhere and you know… bloom stuff happens.

The OP is right about one thing: You need ridiculously few bullets to hit before you can melee someone to death thanks to bleed-through being (finally) enabled:

Rounds to hit before melee is lethal:
DMR: 3
Magnum: 3
AR: 6 (that’s ONE short burst!!! shotgun + melee has serious competion now)
Needle rifle: 3
Needler: 2 (TWO!!!)
Concussion rifle: 1 (one)
Plasma Pistol: 2 (normal shots, not overcharged)

Don’t have data on other weapons yet because I only tested the zero bloom gametype on Countdown.

Also, the DMR is now the weakest headshot-capable weapon. It still needs five shots whereas the magnum now needs only 4 and the needle rifle only six. And both weapons fire considerably faster than the DMR.

> Also, because the DMR won’t have bloom, straffing is actually effective.

actually strafing is even more useless now that there’s no random bloom, and the only thing i could see fixing it would be to remove strafe acceleration and bump up the movement speed and jump height

> > Also, because the DMR won’t have bloom, straffing is actually effective.
>
> actually strafing is even more useless now that there’s no random bloom, and the only thing i could see fixing it would be to remove strafe acceleration and bump up the movement speed and jump height

Well, Isn’t that what the Beta Hoppers playlist is made for? If you come across that problem in Beta Hoppers make sure to tell 343 on that feedback thread.

I played a bunch of customs and LOVED it.

No bloom keeps the game fast paced and shortens kill times to where Halo FPS should be at.