TU FEEDBACK: OVERVIEW

Okay. Here is everything you did wrong: Everything. Well not everything but…

VERY OP MAGNUM = NO FUN (I am good with it, but it makes all other weapons obsolete, which is horrible).

ARMOR LOCK NERF = I was originally happy with the results and then I realized that it made Armor Lock pointless. All armor abilities need pros and cons.

BLOOOOOOOM = Okay, there’s a 50/50 battle here, it’s good and bad at the same time. Which is why you MUST NOT make this the STANDARD for Halo: Reach.

MY VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I played with around 40 of my different friends, and here’s what ALL of them said summed up when I asked them questions: “Magnum is too OP, and there are many good AND bad things, but they SHOULD NOT make it so this is “regular” Reach”.

You good people at 343 also don’t realize how largely UN-BALANCED you just made it.

I understand that some people disagree, but REMEMBER: The reason you still play Reach is because of the way it was! You will still play without these changes… So stop complaining! The game doesn’t need this. Bungie made the game the way is would flow the best. Just please, don’t force these Over-powered weapons upon us. Seperate playlists.

P.S. Game is no longer Battle of Skill or Luck, it’s battle of Who saw who first. That is horrible.

Additional notes: I think 85% bloom is acceptable, but FULL REMOVAL breaks the game. I don’t want you to break my friend and I’s games.

> Okay. Here is everything you did wrong: Everything. Well not everything but…
>
> VERY OP MAGNUM = NO FUN (I am good with it, but it makes all other weapons obsolete, which is horrible).
>
> ARMOR LOCK NERF = I was originally happy with the results and then I realized that it made Armor Lock pointless. All armor abilities need pros and cons.
>
> BLOOOOOOOM = Okay, there’s a 50/50 battle here, it’s good and bad at the same time. Which is why you MUST NOT make this the STANDARD for Halo: Reach.
>
> MY VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I played with around 40 of my different friends, and here’s what ALL of them said summed up when I asked them questions: “Magnum is too OP, and there are many good AND bad things, but they SHOULD NOT make it so this is “regular” Reach”.
>
> You good people at 343 also don’t realize how largely UN-BALANCED you just made it.
>
> I understand that some people disagree, but REMEMBER: The reason you still play Reach is because of the way it was! You will still play without these changes… So stop complaining! The game doesn’t need this. Bungie made the game the way is would flow the best. Just please, don’t force these Over-powered weapons upon us. Seperate playlists.

It never occured to you that this a Beta that will only get better by testing out different settings over a span of three weeks or so? Now i’ll give anyone points for arguing about the jump, grav and movement speeds (It was quite idiotic for 343 to be using default settings with zero and 85 bloom) but all of it can be tweaked in the following days to come.

You must be ralking about zero bloom, which is broken when played in default base traits.

Try it with no AAs, 90% damage, 90% resistance, 120% speed, 200% gravity and 125% jump, and zero bloom will work there.

The magnum will go back to be a 5sk with no bloom.

> You must be ralking about zero bloom, which is broken when played in default base traits.
>
> Try it with no AAs, 90% damage, 90% resistance, 120% speed, 200% gravity and 125% jump, and zero bloom will work there.
>
> The magnum will go back to be a 5sk with no bloom.

Where did you hear that they will switch the Magnum back? ANOTHER HUGE POINT: It’s no longer a battle of skill, it’s a battle of, WHO SHOT FIRST?!

> > Okay. Here is everything you did wrong: Everything. Well not everything but…
> >
> > VERY OP MAGNUM = NO FUN (I am good with it, but it makes all other weapons obsolete, which is horrible).
> >
> > ARMOR LOCK NERF = I was originally happy with the results and then I realized that it made Armor Lock pointless. All armor abilities need pros and cons.
> >
> > BLOOOOOOOM = Okay, there’s a 50/50 battle here, it’s good and bad at the same time. Which is why you MUST NOT make this the STANDARD for Halo: Reach.
> >
> > MY VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I played with around 40 of my different friends, and here’s what ALL of them said summed up when I asked them questions: “Magnum is too OP, and there are many good AND bad things, but they SHOULD NOT make it so this is “regular” Reach”.
> >
> > You good people at 343 also don’t realize how largely UN-BALANCED you just made it.
> >
> > I understand that some people disagree, but REMEMBER: The reason you still play Reach is because of the way it was! You will still play without these changes… So stop complaining! The game doesn’t need this. Bungie made the game the way is would flow the best. Just please, don’t force these Over-powered weapons upon us. Seperate playlists.
>
> It never occured to you that this a Beta that will only get better by testing out different settings over a span of three weeks or so? Now i’ll give anyone points for arguing about the jump, grav and movement speeds (It was quite idiotic for 343 to be using default settings with zero and 85 bloom) but all of it can be tweaked in the following days to come.

IMO Zero Bloom only works with the settings I mentioned above (which are classic), and 85% bloom works best with 110% Speed and 110% jump.

> > You must be ralking about zero bloom, which is broken when played in default base traits.
> >
> > Try it with no AAs, 90% damage, 90% resistance, 120% speed, 200% gravity and 125% jump, and zero bloom will work there.
> >
> > The magnum will go back to be a 5sk with no bloom.
>
> Where did you hear that they will switch the Magnum back? ANOTHER HUGE POINT: It’s no longer a battle of skill, it’s a battle of, WHO SHOT FIRST?!

That why in the settings i mentioned, there 120% Speed and 200% gravity; to make strafes as effective as possible, making it possible for a better player to kill a lesser player even when the better player go shot first.

In default like you said, is a battle of who shot first, but not on the settings I mentioned…

Overall, the TU makes me cry. Nobody tries to play anymore. It’s become more like COD. People camp at their spawn because they know they can take people out without effort now. The DMR is as bad as quickscoping now. Before, the DMR had it’s range. Sure, it was a bit strange, but it was still harder to use in certain ranges. Now, it’s everywhere. Anybody who lines up a decent shot can take out a sniper quickly, because there’s no ROF cap or bloom. At least bloom made the shots a little less accurate over range.

The pistol now makes most thing obsolete. Seriously. 2 shots and a melee in extreme close range, 4 shots in any range further than that. And it’s accurate too. Go find me a weapon that can match that.

Nades… Oh god no. I left reach because of them. That was the worst thing. but at least it used to take two nades to kill you, provided you had any shields. now it’s 2 DMR shots and a nade owns you. Combined with the insane blast radius, i get the feeling they’ll become an even more horrible thing.

I liked when having a positive K/D and a Magnum for a TOD meant something. Now it just means that you can pull your trigger fast.

Headshots suck now. You can still have shields and a pistol will headshot you. If bleedthrough is incorporated, for the love of god, you need to make sure headshots are only effective after you have no shields, not if you lose your shields from that shot.

I guarantee 343 will never incorporate changes like the 4SK magnum or no bloom in ALL of Reach. There will at most be a few playlists with these changes. So don’t get your -Yoink!- in a bunch. 343 has stated this on multiple occasions and I don’t know why everyone keeps freaking out.

In regards to no bloom it is highly subjective as I myself and ALL of my friends think it MAKES the game and believe it is the way Reach should have shipped.

Also the 4Sk magnum, while it IS op close range, I think it is a niche weapon and works pretty well. Anything past mid range the Pistol will lose every time to a DMR (assuming they are similarly skilled players), and it will win MOST of the time closer than mid range (of similarly skilled players). I’ve had at least 5 or 6 times where I choked up close with the magnum and lost to a DMR user, so it’s not like it’s undefeatable.

You, as well as your friends, are what most people a casual, or an idiot. You freak the f**k out over any little change to halo reach because you have already accepted it for what it is. You “Dealt” with the changes.

If you honestly think that bloom has any skill involved in it at all, then you are deeply mistaken. It has been reviewed by COUNTLESS hardcore competitive fans.(Not just MLG). Truth is, a game dev is supposed to cater to the more competitive community, because THEY are the hardcore fans that will never leave unless they are forced out by BullS**t reasons.

Who saw whoever first is the winner? How incredibly wrong.
Even though on default settings strafe is minimal, it is still there, if you cant strafe or outshoot the person. Its your fault. Maybe you should have been working with your team, or maybe you should work on your map awareness.

The “problems” with the TU are not 343s problem, they’re yours. Get better at the game, you wont have a problem.

> ARMOR LOCK NERF = I was originally happy with the results and then I realized that it made Armor Lock pointless. All armor abilities need pros and cons.

What? No, now AL can be used for what it was intended, dropping in and out. Now you can distract and enemy while your teammates clean up the kills, while a pro team can agitate you and force you out. It’s almost perfect now.

> Okay. Here is everything you did wrong: Everything. Well not everything but…
>
> VERY OP MAGNUM = NO FUN (I am good with it, but it makes all other weapons obsolete, which is horrible).
>
>
> BLOOOOOOOM = Okay, there’s a 50/50 battle here, it’s good and bad at the same time. Which is why you MUST NOT make this the STANDARD for Halo: Reach.
>
> MY VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I played with around 40 of my different friends, and here’s what ALL of them said summed up when I asked them questions: “Magnum is too OP, and there are many good AND bad things, but they SHOULD NOT make it so this is “regular” Reach”.
>
> You good people at 343 also don’t realize how largely UN-BALANCED you just made it.
>
> I understand that some people disagree, but REMEMBER: The reason you still play Reach is because of the way it was! You will still play without these changes… So stop complaining! The game doesn’t need this. Bungie made the game the way is would flow the best. Just please, don’t force these Over-powered weapons upon us. Seperate playlists.
>
> P.S. Game is no longer Battle of Skill or Luck, it’s battle of Who saw who first. That is horrible.

The only thing you pointed out adequately was that the magnum is most deff. OP; although it doesn’t necesarily need total removal it does need some tweaking as at close range it is scary.

The armor lock modifications are AMAZING, because you no longer shed sticky’s AND it does what it should: protects you momentarily and allows a TEAMATE to bail you out, NOT save yourself EVERY TIME AND WALK AWAY

No-one cares what “your friends think” about the game, and your claim about “people playing reach play it still because they like it” is not only ignorant but you fail to provide a logical rationale as to why this would occur.

If you were to actually look at the numbers, you would see that Reach is failing in terms of online play. After aprx. 1 yr from its launch date Reach has dwindled to a quite sad less than 90k players at almost any given hour.
Players who are “still on reach” are the following
-Firefight players
-Swat players
-Living Dead Players

The above 3 playlists make up the bulk of the Reach community, not because “we like multiplayer” because those playlists aren’t exactly “competitive”

You are the prime example of a piece of trash social player that is mad because once again, the fabled “4 shot” has returned and you can’t cope with the speed and strafe of other competent players.

Halo 2 & 3’s BR is based upon skill. Why? who has a more accurate shot + who has a better strafe = winner
NOT on shot 4 and 5 due to bloom does your gun randomely miss even though the reticle is on the players head

> > You must be ralking about zero bloom, which is broken when played in default base traits.
> >
> > Try it with no AAs, 90% damage, 90% resistance, 120% speed, 200% gravity and 125% jump, and zero bloom will work there.
> >
> > The magnum will go back to be a 5sk with no bloom.
>
> Where did you hear that they will switch the Magnum back? ANOTHER HUGE POINT: It’s no longer a battle of skill, it’s a battle of, WHO SHOT FIRST?!

Again, you are a MORON. $25 dollars says zero bloom you can “shoot first” and I’ll still rape your face EVERY TIME.

why? because I have map awareness and know how to dodge shots.

IT SHOULD be about who can shoot QUICKER AND MORE ACCURATELY, because that is SKILL BASED

if i see you first, thats because I have better map awareness therefore I have earned shot advantage. If I get first shot, and your uncomfortable with that then back off let ur shields recharge and re-challenge me.

if you challenge me when your weaker and lose then thats your own fault for making a poor in game strategic choice.

Don’t blame the game for your mediocre playing mentality

> You, as well as your friends, are what most people a casual, or an idiot. You freak the fk out over any little change to halo reach because you have already accepted it for what it is. You “Dealt” with the changes.
>
> If you honestly think that bloom has any skill involved in it at all, then you are deeply mistaken. It has been reviewed by COUNTLESS hardcore competitive fans.(Not just MLG). Truth is, a game dev is supposed to cater to the more competitive community, because THEY are the hardcore fans that will never leave unless they are forced out by BullS
t reasons.
>
> Who saw whoever first is the winner? How incredibly wrong.
> Even though on default settings strafe is minimal, it is still there, if you cant strafe or outshoot the person. Its your fault. Maybe you should have been working with your team, or maybe you should work on your map awareness.
>
> The “problems” with the TU are not 343s problem, they’re yours. Get better at the game, you wont have a problem.

You know what the problem with all these ‘hardcore’ people is? They want the same damn game as every other. Reach is Reach. it will never be Halo 3, Halo 2 or Halo CE. There are things that make Reach a game in it’s own right. If they don’t like it, there are several other games out there for them to play.

> It’s no longer a battle of skill, it’s a battle of, WHO SHOT FIRST?!

In reach, DMR / Pistol battles never were a battle of skill, they now are.

> > You, as well as your friends, are what most people a casual, or an idiot. You freak the fk out over any little change to halo reach because you have already accepted it for what it is. You “Dealt” with the changes.
> >
> > If you honestly think that bloom has any skill involved in it at all, then you are deeply mistaken. It has been reviewed by COUNTLESS hardcore competitive fans.(Not just MLG). Truth is, a game dev is supposed to cater to the more competitive community, because THEY are the hardcore fans that will never leave unless they are forced out by BullS
t reasons.
> >
> > Who saw whoever first is the winner? How incredibly wrong.
> > Even though on default settings strafe is minimal, it is still there, if you cant strafe or outshoot the person. Its your fault. Maybe you should have been working with your team, or maybe you should work on your map awareness.
> >
> > The “problems” with the TU are not 343s problem, they’re yours. Get better at the game, you wont have a problem.
>
> You know what the problem with all these ‘hardcore’ people is? They want the same damn game as every other. Reach is Reach. it will never be Halo 3, Halo 2 or Halo CE. There are things that make Reach a game in it’s own right. If they don’t like it, there are several other games out there for them to play.

Just because Bungie failed and totally ruined a fantastic franchise DOES NOT mean we should sit there and take it. Do you know why we bought halo 2? because halo ce was AWESOME. know why we bought halo 3? because halo 2’s multiplayer was AWESOME. why did we buy halo reach, because we THOUGHT it would be great.

When I purchased halo reach I did not expect to see flying people spamming gun that randomely missed.

you know how you know this game failed? look at its numbers compares to EVERY OTHER HALO GAME MADE!!!

even Microsoft published multiple articles where the president point blank refers to reach as a “fail of a game”
and they realize that they strayed away from what made HALO a GOOD GAME.

why do people buy CoD? because its the same thing, with new maps. and people are happy. the same principle applies to halo. Don’t fix what isn’t broken

I still find theres the problem of people being noobs and jumping every half a second so I propose that like sprint jumping should have a recharge rate or fatigue of some kind.

> > > You, as well as your friends, are what most people a casual, or an idiot. You freak the fk out over any little change to halo reach because you have already accepted it for what it is. You “Dealt” with the changes.
> > >
> > > If you honestly think that bloom has any skill involved in it at all, then you are deeply mistaken. It has been reviewed by COUNTLESS hardcore competitive fans.(Not just MLG). Truth is, a game dev is supposed to cater to the more competitive community, because THEY are the hardcore fans that will never leave unless they are forced out by BullS
t reasons.
> > >
> > > Who saw whoever first is the winner? How incredibly wrong.
> > > Even though on default settings strafe is minimal, it is still there, if you cant strafe or outshoot the person. Its your fault. Maybe you should have been working with your team, or maybe you should work on your map awareness.
> > >
> > > The “problems” with the TU are not 343s problem, they’re yours. Get better at the game, you wont have a problem.
> >
> > You know what the problem with all these ‘hardcore’ people is? They want the same damn game as every other. Reach is Reach. it will never be Halo 3, Halo 2 or Halo CE. There are things that make Reach a game in it’s own right. If they don’t like it, there are several other games out there for them to play.
>
> Just because Bungie failed and totally ruined a fantastic franchise DOES NOT mean we should sit there and take it. Do you know why we bought halo 2? because halo ce was AWESOME. know why we bought halo 3? because halo 2’s multiplayer was AWESOME. why did we buy halo reach, because we THOUGHT it would be great.
>
> When I purchased halo reach I did not expect to see flying people spamming gun that randomely missed.
>
> you know how you know this game failed? look at its numbers compares to EVERY OTHER HALO GAME MADE!!!
>
> even Microsoft published multiple articles where the president point blank refers to reach as a “fail of a game”
> and they realize that they strayed away from what made HALO a GOOD GAME.
>
> why do people buy CoD? because its the same thing, with new maps. and people are happy. the same principle applies to halo. Don’t fix what isn’t broken

Look, just because something is different, doesn’t make it bad. MANY people think Halo: Reach is just as good as the others(myself included), because it STILL does have everything that makes Halo great, they just changed it a bit. The persicion weapons dont miss a lot if YOU TIME YOUR SHOTS. Serioulsy, has anyone who complains about that try timing their shots? It helps alot for those of you who don’t know. Bungie just tried to mix things up a little, and in my opinion, I think they did well.