TU Features Review

Halo Damnation Gameplay ( TU Features )

At 2:40 We have a possible indication to the Magnums bloom, the enemy was firing at a faster rate of accurate fire than previously before, more like Halo 1 Magnum rate of fire.

At 3:24 We can clearly see that bleedthrough is indeed present.

At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.

At 4:28 We can clearly see that the Armour lock Frosting issue has been addressed, the moment when the player starts to emerge from Armour lock, he takes damage from a Frag that went off nearby. Also it seems that your energy depletes when you take damage in Armour lock ( Thanks to The Little Moa and Drowsy Demon for all the Armour lock information)

At 1:18 It looks asif Movement acceleration has been heavily tweaked ( Where when you strafe your character starts off slow then builds up to full speed ), so now it looks like you can actually strafe effectively.

It appears movement and jumpheight have been slightly increased, by 5/10% each.

And Sticky grenades appear to do less damage when they freely explode on the ground. Frags look like they bounce abit more too.

I hope they are smart with how they change they playlists. They should have a section just for the new tweaks like a classic playlist set or something. Then have the regular playlists separate from that.

> Halo Damnation Gameplay ( TU Features )
>
> At 2:40 We have a possible indication to the Magnums bloom, the enemy was firing at a faster rate of accurate fire than previously before, more like Halo 1 Magnum rate of fire.
>
> At 3:24 We can clearly see that bleedthrough is indeed present.
>
> At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
>
> It appears movement and jumpheight have been slightly increased, by 5/10% each.
>
> And Sticky grenades appear to do less damage when they freely explode on the ground. Frags look like they bounce abit more too.

omg the bleedthrough with the PR is nasttttyyyyy

also the Magnum user may have just been bad and missed since the whole team was really really bad

> Halo Damnation Gameplay ( TU Features )
>
> At 2:40 We have a possible indication to the Magnums bloom, the enemy was firing at a faster rate of accurate fire than previously before, more like Halo 1 Magnum rate of fire.
>
> At 3:24 We can clearly see that bleedthrough is indeed present.
>
> At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
>
> It appears movement and jumpheight have been slightly increased, by 5/10% each.
>
> And Sticky grenades appear to do less damage when they freely explode on the ground. Frags look like they bounce abit more too.

WOW, the whiny kids that were complaining about bloom actually got their way, that’s ridiculous. Whatever, the game will be even easier now. They BETTER do it with the needle rifle as well.

> > Halo Damnation Gameplay ( TU Features )
> >
> > At 2:40 We have a possible indication to the Magnums bloom, the enemy was firing at a faster rate of accurate fire than previously before, more like Halo 1 Magnum rate of fire.
> >
> > At 3:24 We can clearly see that bleedthrough is indeed present.
> >
> > At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
> >
> > It appears movement and jumpheight have been slightly increased, by 5/10% each.
> >
> > And Sticky grenades appear to do less damage when they freely explode on the ground. Frags look like they bounce abit more too.
>
> WOW, the whiny kids that were complaining about bloom actually got their way, that’s ridiculous. Whatever, the game will be even easier now.

SORRY HALO 1-3 > pre tu reach

The universe is finally righted.

> WOW, the whiny kids that were complaining about bloom actually got their way, that’s ridiculous. Whatever, the game will be even easier now.

Bloom on the DMR was horrible.

I was up for a Bloom tweak to prevent the massive spamming that always happens with the weapon, but a custom option for removal is pretty awesome.

<4 343i

> > > Halo Damnation Gameplay ( TU Features )
> > >
> > > At 2:40 We have a possible indication to the Magnums bloom, the enemy was firing at a faster rate of accurate fire than previously before, more like Halo 1 Magnum rate of fire.
> > >
> > > At 3:24 We can clearly see that bleedthrough is indeed present.
> > >
> > > At 4:17 We can clearly see a DMR going full auto with no bloom. And again at 4:53.
> > >
> > > It appears movement and jumpheight have been slightly increased, by 5/10% each.
> > >
> > > And Sticky grenades appear to do less damage when they freely explode on the ground. Frags look like they bounce abit more too.
> >
> > WOW, the whiny kids that were complaining about bloom actually got their way, that’s ridiculous. Whatever, the game will be even easier now.
>
> SORRY HALO 1-3 > pre tu reach
>
> The universe is finally righted.

Yeah, says a whole .5 percent of the halo population. Like I said, now its just going to be easier.

If you skip to 4:30 you will see the guy possibly gets grenaded out of Armour Lock?

I like the idea of Bloom. It worked pretty well on the Magnum, and ok on the Needle Rifle. But the DMR? Seriously, play the game for any amount of time and it doesn’t take a genius to see that there’s something fundamentally wrong when pacing takes a backseat to spamming. I was okay with a Bloom tweak to fix this, but a custom option for removal is pretty damn amazing.

At least no Bloom means that whoever shoots better is actually rewarded. Spamming doesn’t matter when there’s no Bloom, since everyone is on equal ground, so to speak.

> If you skip to 4:30 you will see the guy possibly gets grenaded out of Armour Lock?

Apparently the energy bar for AL went down after the guy threw the grenade at the Armor Lock user. Could be a possible nerf? Maybe 343i will make Armor Lock actually have a counter.

I agree that everyone will be on equal ground. But you also have to agree, it is going to be eons easier to fire across map now.

> > > > > WOW, the whiny kids that were complaining about bloom actually got their way, that’s ridiculous. Whatever, the game will be even easier now.
> > > >
> > > > SHUT THE HELL UP YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. Bloom on the DMR was horrible.
> > > >
> > > > I was up for a Bloom tweak to prevent the massive spamming that always happens with the weapon, but a custom option for removal is pretty awesome.
> > > >
> > > > <4 343i
> > >
> > > Wow, sensitive much? Are you daft, now there will be MORE spamming.
> >
> > I like the idea of Bloom. It worked pretty well on the Magnum, and ok on the Needle Rifle. But the DMR? Seriously, play the game for any amount of time and it doesn’t take a genius to see that there’s something fundamentally wrong when pacing takes a backseat to spamming. I was okay with a Bloom tweak to fix this, but a custom option for removal is pretty damn amazing.
> >
> > At least no Bloom means that whoever shoots better is actually rewarded. Spamming doesn’t matter when there’s no Bloom, since everyone is on equal ground, so to speak.
>
> I agree that everyone will be on equal ground. But you also have to agree, it is going to be eons easier to fire across map now.

I’m hoping that with expanded custom options or a fix 343i might give the DMR a smaller ROF to compensate for the hitscan cross-mapping power it will possess with no Bloom. You raise an excellent point.

The said right from the get-go that they want to bring back a classic Halo experience in Reach to go along with the remake of the first Halo game. It should be nothing new to folks that they would add new custom options, features, and functionality to the game to support this.

Anyways, I’m also pretty happy that melee bleedthrough is back. I’ll take AR deathrushing any day over the massive and rampant Sprint+ Double Melee plague that infests almost every playlist.

Here is hoping, I have some faith in them, they seem to be putting the game in the right direction, a good mix of what was n reach, and lessons from halo 1-3 would make the best halo ever.

The CE magnum had a high ROF, was a 3sk, and cross mapped and that games MP is still more fun than anything i have played to date (and i had a LAN last week so no nostalgia).

This is most likely a Classic gameplay playlist

> > At least no Bloom means that whoever shoots better is actually rewarded. Spamming doesn’t matter when there’s no Bloom, since everyone is on equal ground, so to speak.
>
> I agree that everyone will be on equal ground. But you also have to agree, it is going to be eons easier to fire across map now.

I hope it doesn’t happen. The DMR would become a mini-sniper since you can spam the trigger all you want and never miss.

> The CE magnum had a high ROF, was a 3sk, and cross mapped and that games MP is still more fun than anything i have played to date (and i had a LAN last week so no nostalgia).

Yet it wasn’t hitscan and that makes all the difference. I believe you had to lead shots and such.

> > > At least no Bloom means that whoever shoots better is actually rewarded. Spamming doesn’t matter when there’s no Bloom, since everyone is on equal ground, so to speak.
> >
> > I agree that everyone will be on equal ground. But you also have to agree, it is going to be eons easier to fire across map now.
>
> I hope it doesn’t happen. The DMR would become a mini-sniper since you can spam the trigger all you want and never miss.

Hence why I said I’m hoping for a smaller ROF to compensate.