TU dropping September 21st

So 343i just announced today that the TU will officially drop September 21st…

that being said, I am now to understand that the TU will hit the 21st of September but no one will be able to experience the changes that the TU brings for another 2 weeks?

What the hell? You might as well have just said that the TU will be released on October 4th…

Well you can still download a TU gametype a day after TU is released…

> Well you can still download a TU gametype a day after TU is released…

This. To my understanding, 1 game type( which has yet to be announced ) will be available “shortly thereafter” Sept 21st via download from some 343 fileshare or something. It states that it will NOT be available the day it drops, but I would assume no more than a few days. No one cares about the TU if we can’t even play it for 2 weeks.

I will be playing a crap load of customs with these changes. It will be awesome!!!

> I will be playing a crap load of customs with these changes. It will be awesome!!!

Indeed sir, indeed.

> I will be playing a crap load of customs with these changes. It will be awesome!!!

Non-Stop customs all day everyday! Imagine what your active roster is going to look like. Open customs, closed customs, no one playing MatchMaking. I’m going to feel like i’m in Halo heaven!!!

so let me get this straight. We will download the TU on Sept. 21 but it wont be in MM. Then we download the game type from some 343 guys fileshare. And then we will be able to play it only in customs games untill october 4. Is this correct? Could someone clarify?

> so let me get this straight. We will download the TU on Sept. 21 but it wont be in MM. Then we download the game type from some 343 guys fileshare. And then we will be able to play it only in customs games untill october 4. Is this correct? Could someone clarify?

we wont be able to download the gametype on the 21st they said “a short while after the 21st” so maybe the next day and also we still dont know whether it is a non bloom gametype or one with 85% bloom

i’m hoping zero bloom personally

Bloom is adjustable in the gametype. You could have 300 percent bloom… 0.o

> Bloom is adjustable in the gametype. You could have 300 percent bloom… 0.o

We cannot adjust the bloom settings ourselves. They did nothing the the user interface for changing options as they have stated a few times. But we can download gametypes and tweak all ready current interface settings to find the perfect gametypes we want.

> so let me get this straight. We will download the TU on Sept. 21 but it wont be in MM. Then we download the game type from some 343 guys fileshare. And then we will be able to play it only in customs games untill october 4. Is this correct? Could someone clarify?

Exactly.

So for logic and manner of playing the REAL Halo: Reach the TU basically is released Oct 4th. Unless 343i decides to just wait until Nov 15th for Halo: CEA.

Which if this move was made, I not be the least surprised.

Personally all I want to do is play true Halo. Not care to be forced to download something that can not be played for weeks away. I’m upset by this. It was shared this way at Halo Fest but just hoped it would be a day one release and be live to play.

Guess not :frowning:

I didnt Say ourselves. sorry if it was clear. I meant to say that 343 can adjust it to what they want, but they said they will have multiple different settings in playlists.

> > so let me get this straight. We will download the TU on Sept. 21 but it wont be in MM. Then we download the game type from some 343 guys fileshare. And then we will be able to play it only in customs games untill october 4. Is this correct? Could someone clarify?
>
> we wont be able to download the gametype on the 21st they said “a short while after the 21st” so maybe the next day and also we still dont know whether it is a non bloom gametype or one with 85% bloom
>
> i’m hoping zero bloom personally

Actually they said this “Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st” which means that the file will be available for download shortly after the TU’s release which could mean a few hours or a few days.

> > so let me get this straight. We will download the TU on Sept. 21 but it wont be in MM. Then we download the game type from some 343 guys fileshare. And then we will be able to play it only in customs games untill october 4. Is this correct? Could someone clarify?
>
> we wont be able to download the gametype on the 21st they said “a short while after the 21st” so maybe the next day and also we still dont know whether it is a non bloom gametype or one with 85% bloom
>
> i’m hoping zero bloom personally

I’m hoping we DO get 0% Bloom first. If we can get the settings (for at least one gametype), I will SO be up for some Customs all day and night.

OH, and Headlong looks GOOOORGGGGEEOOOUUUSSS