TU, Anniversary, and Original Reach

Hello, this is my first post to the Waypoint forums, so I hope I don’t sound too out of things.

But, what I want to know is how will matchmaking work? How will the Title Update, Anniversary Edition, and the current model of Reach multiplayer be separated?

People say that the current gametypes and playlists in Reach right now aren’t going to be changed. Does this mean there will be a totally different section of playlists and gametypes created just for the Title Update?

Will the Anniversary maps be incorporated into the current reach playlists?

Thank you

The Halo CEA multiplayer maps will be in the reach engine. They will be playable through the halo CEA game disc, or as a DLC pack you can download (if you own CEA) to add to the reach maps.
If you just own CEA, than you can only play the playlists with the CEA maps and the classic playlist.
If you own halo reach, you can play the CEA multiplayer maps in the classic playlist (enabled by the TU) or in reach multiplayer with AAs.
I hope i explained it well. any more questions and you can ask.

> Hello, this is my first post to the Waypoint forums, so I hope I don’t sound too out of things.
>
> But, what I want to know is how will matchmaking work? How will the Title Update, Anniversary Edition, and the current model of Reach multiplayer be separated?
>
> People say that the current gametypes and playlists in Reach right now aren’t going to be changed. Does this mean there will be a totally different section of playlists and gametypes created just for the Title Update?
>
> Will the Anniversary maps be incorporated into the current reach playlists?
>
>
>
>
> Thank you

It’s already been stated but answering the same question is just confirmation.

CE:A will have Multi-player maps for Halo: Reach. Halo 1 will NOT have a online MM system. Instead, these new maps will be put into certain playlists that play differently than normal Reach. These will utlize the TU changes to the game but not effect the rest of Reach’s MM.

I repeat…

Normal Reach playlists/settings will NOT be removed or altered; they will stay the same. However, the new remade CE maps for Reach can be played in normal playlists if they are voted for.

I will add that if you don’t have Reach but buy CE: A, you can still play the new maps but you can’t play any other playlist.

-Klassic

Thank you so much! I think I got it now.