TU: active camo glitch fix?

by now, almost everyone is aware of the glitch to which i refer, but just as a refresher: go into crouch, turn on active camo, the blue dots that should indicate someone is using AC disappear, and the user is now near perfectly invisble. after reading the bulletin, and seeing bs angel say how attentive 343 was to the voice of the fans, i wonder if this glitch will be fixed also.

i fear this incredibly annoying glitch being exploited by so many ppl is hardly being recognized as a problem that needs addressing, since i’ve seen maybe 3-4 total threads on it (i visit the forum quite frequently), when there’ve been innumerable ones to address the DMR, the boltshot (which, by the by, IS getting a nerf), etc.

also, when i was in a party playing w/ a noobish friend of mine, he said he was taking note of each person using the glitch that killed him and reporting them to xbox live for the cheating complaint. i told him, half-joking, that’s a lot of names to remember b/c it seems like 80% of all AC users were exploiting the glitch and he wouldn’t be able to remember them all (he’s a double doctoral candidate tho, so i know he actually does remmeber all of them). and i told him that reporting each person is just a waste of time. but he was adamant, citing the wording of the cheating complaint as laid out by xbox live - intentional exploitation of a glitch. so i ask the community: do you consider ppl who use the AC glitch to be cheaters? and do you guys report AC glitch users as cheaters?

anyways, this thread will probably receive barely any attention, like the other threads that brought up the active camo glitch and then be relegated to the pages numbering in the teens by the end of the day. hoping against hope, thought i’d post it anyway.

Depending on when 343 first received notice of the issue (taking into account actually reading about it and testing to confirm), there may have been time to work a fix into the upcoming TU or there may not have been. I guess we’ll find out when it drops. If it doesn’t hit this TU, I imagine they will probably fix it in a future update :slight_smile:

Wait, that’s a glitch???

I thought they did that on purpose. How do we know it’s a glitch, and not just a Camo working properly?

rarely see active camo when i play, also it sounds logical to not know where someone is if they dont appear on the radar normally while crouching…

the real “glitch” is the fact that when you use active camo, the fake dots are blue and your own dot is red to the other team… so you’re still obvious as hell.

Well how many people actually know. I personally didn’t know till about a week ago. So if I did it it wouldnt have been on purpose. I’m not saying people don’t exploit it just some might not know.

This glitch is now being used in 90% of games I play. If 343 ignore it it’s a disgrace.

@ providence77 - yes, this is a glitch. we know b/c if the dots weren’t meant to appear when using AC while crouched, why have the dots at all? it’s to give SOME indication to members of the opposite team that there is indeed someone around, just invisible and it’s up to you to flush him out by making him move.

@ danrakich - yes, you are obvious as hell to the other team b/c your dot is red on the other teams’ motion detectors. however, that’s only if you’re moving. if you stand still while using AC, the blue dots are still floating on the motion detector but your dot disappears, just like if you were moving w/o AC (no AC, your red dot only appears if you’re moving, if you’re crouched, crouch walking, walking really slow, or just standing still, you don’t appear on motion detector)

what i’m talking about is ppl are using AC, and eliminating the blue dots altogether, and the only time they show up on your screen is for a split second on your motion detector when a SINGLE blue dot appears then flashes to red as they move in to assassinate or boltshot you (i say split second b/c by the time you realize there’s a dot on your motion detector, you’re usually already dead).

and i’m gonna agree w/ hurball’s assessment of how often you see these guys in games now, there’s always at least 1 in about 90% of the games i play in.

and, sorry, i’m not trying to sound facetious or combative, but i just assumed it was well known by now, there’s even a youtube video showing how to do it, which i will not add the link.

Sorry I did not know that was the glitch, I thought player were somehow banking the radar while walking.

Sorry to anyone who I did this to.

The only glitch I proudly used was the supernade :wink:

> rarely see active camo when i play, also it sounds logical to not know where someone is if they dont appear on the radar normally while crouching…
>
> the real “glitch” is the fact that when you use active camo, the fake dots are blue and your own dot is red to the other team… so you’re still obvious as hell.

I rarely see the glitch the OP is describing. I find this more annoying.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try that out next time I’m online!

Really though out of all of my games played I’ve only ever seen that happen like twice and every time I’ve tried to test it my camo works as it should, by that I mean the dots are present.

Yeah, I know of the glitch, I left a game because of it… those that don’t know here is a taste of it

Shouldn’t the radar jammer show the dots as red on enemy radar? What’s the point of the dots showing up blue on enemy radar?

Have 343 even acknowledged this exists?

Thanks for the tip. Easy Venator armor for me.

Truthfully i think the blue dots should go away or randomize a blue dot here and there randomly to signify that there is a AC user but with so many dots in close proximity of another, you can easily know where they are.So it take the whole point of stealth away with that feature.True its already strong enough, but its purpose is to hide with or “stealth” you could say.

What i hope is done is when you run faster than crouch walking it disables AC but not drain it, same with shooting, but shoot once it drains AC completely.A faster degeneration if moving but long duration if not moving.This would help out some of the AC DMR spamming, but you would never get rid of DMR camping even if they removed AC from the game.Since camping is a playing preference, but at least they wont be partly invisible while shooting and moving.

To be honest, just ditching camo completely would be a great idea. Or adding it as ordnance. A starting perk that makes people invisible is just stupid.

and of course, just as i suspected would happen, no mention of the camo glitch being fixed in the TU details…how very disappointing.

and i just played a btb game today that had 6 of 8 members of one team using the exploit. so i don’t know what the hell ppl are talking about when they say they’ve never run into this in a game.

sorry but it won’t be addressed in the TU.

> rarely see active camo when i play, also it sounds logical to not know where someone is if they dont appear on the radar normally while crouching…
>
> the real “glitch” is the fact that when you use active camo, the fake dots are blue and your own dot is red to the other team… so you’re still obvious as hell.

This is spot on! It seems redundant to even have the blue dots scrambling around when the red dot is stands out so readily. Not well conceived.

This glitch is a problem though. As the response that I quoted implies, Active Camo is already a boosted armor ability. The glitch the OP is talking about can be very frustrating and is simply unfair. Active Camo is already a great ability with the poor radar scrambling, but is simply amplified by this glitch.

This definitely is something I would want fixed and that would affect gameplay for the better.

> by now, almost everyone is aware of the glitch to which i refer, but just as a refresher: go into crouch, turn on active camo, the blue dots that should indicate someone is using AC disappear, and the user is now near perfectly invisble. after reading the bulletin, and seeing bs angel say how attentive 343 was to the voice of the fans, i wonder if this glitch will be fixed also.
>
> i fear this incredibly annoying glitch being exploited by so many ppl is hardly being recognized as a problem that needs addressing, since i’ve seen maybe 3-4 total threads on it (i visit the forum quite frequently), when there’ve been innumerable ones to address the DMR, the boltshot (which, by the by, IS getting a nerf), etc.
>
> also, when i was in a party playing w/ a noobish friend of mine, he said he was taking note of each person using the glitch that killed him and reporting them to xbox live for the cheating complaint. i told him, half-joking, that’s a lot of names to remember b/c it seems like 80% of all AC users were exploiting the glitch and he wouldn’t be able to remember them all (he’s a double doctoral candidate tho, so i know he actually does remmeber all of them). and i told him that reporting each person is just a waste of time. but he was adamant, citing the wording of the cheating complaint as laid out by xbox live - intentional exploitation of a glitch. so i ask the community: do you consider ppl who use the AC glitch to be cheaters? and do you guys report AC glitch users as cheaters?
>
> anyways, this thread will probably receive barely any attention, like the other threads that brought up the active camo glitch and then be relegated to the pages numbering in the teens by the end of the day. hoping against hope, thought i’d post it anyway.