TTK(time to kill) WHY SO LOW?

anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Because sprint and mobility and the other word for poop.

The only real difference is that automatics arnt useless anymore, its still 4 headshot br

eh maybe but that should not have an effect on kill times

> 2533274825005774;3:
> The only real difference is that automatics arnt useless anymore, its still 4 headshot br

Damage isn’t the only modifier on how weapons kill quickly, hope you know.

> 2533274965241755;4:
> eh maybe but that should not have an effect on kill times

No? Then I guess CoD and Battlefield are doing it wrong then.

> 2533274965241755;1:
> anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.

Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.

H5 does seem a bit fast, but IMO Halo 3 is a bit too slow and floaty for me. When I play Halo 3 on the MCC I ditch the AR as soon as possible because its simply useless at anything but close range…ARs are by definition more of a medium range weapon, whereas in Halo 3 its like an SMG. The weapons in Halo 3 seemed to lack power, and the players were like bullet sponges, it just feels off sometimes. I haven’t played Halo 5, so I can’t say whether or not it feels right…I guess I will know in a couple months though. In Halo 5 all of the weapons look like they are useable though, and competent at what they do, which is very good.

> 2533274808578327;6:
> > 2533274965241755;4:
> > eh maybe but that should not have an effect on kill times
>
>
> No? Then I guess CoD and Battlefield are doing it wrong then.

yes indeed they are(im sensing a bit of sarcasm there). The mobility of a game should reflect the time to kill. The more mobility the harder to kill

> 2533274863266427;7:
> > 2533274965241755;1:
> > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
>
>
> Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.

CE only had the pistol outside power weapons. the TTK is high enough in previous games that the first to shoot doesn’t necessary mean they will win the majority.

> 2533274863266427;7:
> > 2533274965241755;1:
> > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
>
>
> Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.

This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were

There is a post floating around out there that has some pretty accurate stats on the TTK of halo 5 weapons. Overall TTK in Halo 5 is pretty much the same it is was in past halo games with an average TTK range of 1.2 - 1.5 seconds.

> 2533274965241755;9:
> > 2533274808578327;6:
> > > 2533274965241755;4:
> > > eh maybe but that should not have an effect on kill times
> >
> >
> > No? Then I guess CoD and Battlefield are doing it wrong then.
>
>
> yes indeed they are(im sensing a bit of sarcasm there). The mobility of a game should reflect the time to kill. The more mobility the harder to kill

Harder to kill in the way that your enemy can more easily get into cover and just heal off the damage.

You can’t be a tank and dodge attacks too.

> 2533274825005774;11:
> > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> >
> >
> > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
>
>
> This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were

True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon

> 2533274825005774;11:
> > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> >
> >
> > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
>
>
> This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were

True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon

> 2533274965241755;14:
> > 2533274825005774;11:
> > > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> > >
> > >
> > > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
> >
> >
> > This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were
>
>
> True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon

On top of the fact that the weapons in Hao 3 aren’t as bad as people try to make them seem.

Only the AR really.

> 2533274965241755;14:
> > 2533274825005774;11:
> > > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> > >
> > >
> > > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
> >
> >
> > This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were
>
>
> True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon

Kill times will probably be longer once people get really good at using the new movement mechanics as well

sorry i posted that twice by accident lol

> 2533274808578327;16:
> > 2533274965241755;14:
> > > 2533274825005774;11:
> > > > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
> > >
> > >
> > > This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were
> >
> >
> > True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon
>
>
> On top of the fact that the weapons in Hao 3 aren’t as bad as people try to make them seem.
>
> Only the AR really.

i agree totally

> 2533274825005774;17:
> > 2533274965241755;14:
> > > 2533274825005774;11:
> > > > 2533274863266427;7:
> > > > > 2533274965241755;1:
> > > > > anyone else very concerned about the ttk(time to kill) in halo 5? From the gameplay i’ve seen it seem that the ttk is almost half of halo 3. I’m a little confused how halo is trying to be a competitive game again if the person who sees you first is almost always guaranteed a kill! that is the reason i hate COD and if it isnt fixed by the final game, i expect a large uproar from the veterans of the game such as myself. I grew up playing halo and i’m sad to see such a low ttk.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Have you not played CE? Low kill times were a thing since then even in halo 2 Ttk isn’t that high I feel like most players just use halo 3 as a base of comparison that game had the absolute longest Ttk in the series and I was not a fan. This was a result of -Yoink- weapons and a weak sandbox if the starting weapons are capable of actually killing players the Ttk won’t be as high.
> > >
> > >
> > > This is what i was trying to say. Halo 3 only had long kill times because of awful half the weapons were
> >
> >
> > True but the weapons low power is what made you have a chance at killing the player attacking you. the amount of time it takes in halo 3 is reflective of the skill you have and not the crappyness of th eweapon
>
>
> Kill times will probably be longer once people get really good at using the new movement mechanics as well

That’s not really kill time related as much as it’s putting a pause button on your fight.