Tryhard City...

Is it just me, or does this game seem like it’s nothing but tryhards nowadays? I don’t know what it is. Maybe they changed the trueskill ranking from previous games or something. It’s like every single game I play in any playlist is basically like MLG finals where everyone just uses DMR/BR the whole game and -Yoink- their pants every time they die.

I don’t want the game to be about farming noobs, but there has to be a medium somewhere.

Stop using that term.

There is nothing wrong with playing to win, it’s what competitive multiplayer is based around.

Matchmaking sure as hell isn’t cooperative play.

Instead of complaining about it, get better. If anything you should be glad you actually have challenging players to play against.

Killing noobs all day is boring, but kicking someones -Yoink- who is better than you never gets old in my opinion.

If you mean the lack of variety though, I can agree. Weapons need balanced.

Try hard’s. There’s nothing wrong with someone that try’s. He’s better then someone that doesn’t and still expects to win unless they trash talk or complain to others non-constructively.

Are you the type of guy that calls people who do better than you in exams nerds, tryhards is such a stupid term, putting down people because they are better than you or want to win is pathetic!

Tryhards just use DMR/Boltshot all day and it’s boring. They take the variety out of the game and it just becomes so vanilla.

A lot of tryhards in here…

I played some games on gamebattles because I wanted to play some MLG customs and get practice on the maps ahead of the release of the MLG playlist. Some of those kids on gamebattles are definitely try hards. Yes, there is something wrong with dedicating your life to a video game… and I only say that because some of the people said they skipped school to practice Halo. That’s bad man.

Anyways… I don’t think using DMRs/BRs and being good with them means you’re a try hard. It just means you aren’t a causal scrub, since everyone SHOULD be using them.

> A lot of tryhards in here…

Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere and be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.

Tell me who’s the fool now.

> > A lot of tryhards in here…
>
> Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. <mark>Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere and be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.</mark>
>
> Tell me who’s the fool now.

Best… sentence… ever

>
> Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere or be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.
>

Put your effort into Halo and get somewhere???

If your end game isn’t to have fun, you’re doing it wrong. 99.999% (or about 1 in 100,000) are not going to get anything out of Halo except fun.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post flamebait.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

>
> Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere and be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.
>

you’re trying pretty hard to convince me.

still a try hard :slight_smile:

> > > A lot of tryhards in here…
> >
> > Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere or be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.
> >
> > Tell me who’s the fool now.
>
> Put your effort into Halo and get somewhere???
>
> If your end game isn’t to have fun, you’re doing it wrong. 99.999% (or about 1 in 100,000) are not going to get anything out of Halo except fun.

Who said people playing games or working harder to get somewhere don’t have as much fun? Doesn’t make much sense to me. There is a thing called MLG where you can make money if you get good enough and most of the players that go there are going there for fun because they enjoy the competition. Example: Ninja mlg

Ever heard of Roger Federer the famous tennis player that not only enjoys his competitive sport but plays his hardest at the same time. Re-think what you’ve said and go re-read my quoted response.

>

Still a negligent bully wasting his time.

> > > > A lot of tryhards in here…
> > >
> > > Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere or be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.
> > >
> > > Tell me who’s the fool now.
> >
> > Put your effort into Halo and get somewhere???
> >
> > If your end game isn’t to have fun, you’re doing it wrong. 99.999% (or about 1 in 100,000) are not going to get anything out of Halo except fun.
>
> Who said people that playing games or work harder to get somewhere don’t have as much fun? Doesn’t make much sense to me. There is a thing called MLG where you can make money if you get good enough and most of the players that go there are going there for fun because they enjoy the competition. Example: Ninja mlg
>
> Ever heard of Roger Federer the famous tennis player that not only enjoys his competitive sport but plays his hardest at the same time. Re-think what you’ve said and go re-read my quoted response.

Re-read what I said. I stand by my statement.

> Tryhards just use DMR/Boltshot all day and it’s boring. They take the variety out of the game and it just becomes so vanilla.

“Try Hards” don’t take variety out of the game.

Imbalance does.

If the other weapons didn’t suck, “Try Hards” would actually use them.

Blame 343I for creating a poorly balanced game, not the people who use it to their advantage.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Still a negligent bully wasting his time.

u mad, bro?

>

Well man…

There is nothing but tryhards in the forge playlist it’s not even fun anymore. :frowning:

> > > > > A lot of tryhards in here…
> > > >
> > > > Try hards is the expression generated against people that obviously try harder then other players. It is used in such a way that the people who use the term infer it as a demeaning trait. To play and try the hardest you can. Now tell me kids, would you rather put all your effort into something and get somewhere or be labeled a “tryhard” for that time being which is just a bullying method of trying to make good players or hard workers feel bad or would you rather be the -Yoink!- that sits there complaining about these good players/hard workers and wonder where your time went when you could’ve succeeded in this or that but you decided to spend that time instead making fun of people that will only surpass you.
> > > >
> > > > Tell me who’s the fool now.
> > >
> > > Put your effort into Halo and get somewhere???
> > >
> > > If your end game isn’t to have fun, you’re doing it wrong. 99.999% (or about 1 in 100,000) are not going to get anything out of Halo except fun.
> >
> > Who said people that playing games or work harder to get somewhere don’t have as much fun? Doesn’t make much sense to me. There is a thing called MLG where you can make money if you get good enough and most of the players that go there are going there for fun because they enjoy the competition. Example: Ninja mlg
> >
> > Ever heard of Roger Federer the famous tennis player that not only enjoys his competitive sport but plays his hardest at the same time. Re-think what you’ve said and go re-read my quoted response.
>
> Re-read what I said. I stand by my statement.

Damn you’re going to regret saying that. How many old people say they wish they could’ve done more with their lives? Wonder because it’s a lot. I’m done convincing someone who is only standing by their opinion because they are too out of place to accept that they were just owned. I’m going to go try hard then “cuz yehhh hes a try hard heheheheheh” oh wait he’s got a job, and makes a lot of money and has a hot wife… “hey I want thattt”, “aww shoz I wanted that”, “guess I shud try harder”… “but nuh hes a try hard cuz yehh heheheheheh???”

Lol at you kids.

> There is nothing but tryhards in the forge playlist it’s not even fun anymore. :frowning:

Because all the maps are actually good for once, so naturally the competitive players are attracted to it.