Truth and Reconciliation Terminal Hint? (SPOILERS)

In the Truth and Reconciliation Terminal, 343 speaks to an unknown construct, they talk for a little until it says how it will be free. Does this mean that it could be the Timeless One? Who knows, could be. Just a theory

The unknown construct is the truth and reconciliation A.I. on board the ship.

TRUe REDEMPTION, I think you may be on to something…

> The unknown construct is the truth and reconciliation A.I. on board the ship.

This is it, people. It’s the T&R AI

> > The unknown construct is the truth and reconciliation A.I. on board the ship.
>
> This is it, people. It’s the T&R AI

But I thought the Covenant wasn’t so keen on AI technology. Am I wrong?

> > > The unknown construct is the truth and reconciliation A.I. on board the ship.
> >
> > This is it, people. It’s the T&R AI
>
> But I thought the Covenant wasn’t so keen on AI technology. Am I wrong?

We’ve seen three covenant AIs now. The Seeker, an AI aboard the Ascendant Justice and now the T and R AI. They’re far more limited than UNSC smart AIs and this is due to their beliefs. In Covenant mythology, it was a form of self-aware AI, referred to as an associated intelligence, that led to the demise of the great Forerunner civilization by defecting to their enemies, the Flood. As a result, the Prophets imposed a ban on this sort of technology. While less sophisticated AIs were allowed, machines that could actually “think” were prohibited.

Kinda reminds me of another covenant AI that Cortana destroyed on The Abiding Truth. The AI was copied and fragmented too much and went partially rampant. Or, it could be some sort of precursor communication device/AI, joining with the Covenant because he is aware of what will happen if the Covenant succeed, possibly freeing the precursor from Installation 01. Just a thought.

Wait, not The Abiding Truth, it was The Ascendant Justice.

> > > > The unknown construct is the truth and reconciliation A.I. on board the ship.
> > >
> > > This is it, people. It’s the T&R AI
> >
> > But I thought the Covenant wasn’t so keen on AI technology. Am I wrong?
>
> We’ve seen three covenant AIs now. The Seeker, an AI aboard the Ascendant Justice and now the T and R AI. They’re far more limited than UNSC smart AIs and this is due to their beliefs. In Covenant mythology, it was a form of self-aware AI, referred to as an associated intelligence, that led to the demise of the great Forerunner civilization by defecting to their enemies, the Flood. As a result, the Prophets imposed a ban on this sort of technology. While less sophisticated AIs were allowed, machines that could actually “think” were prohibited.

So I’m half correct. YAY lol.

Here is a link from Halopedia about the AI. http://http://www.halopedian.com/Truth_and_Reconciliation%27s_AI

Aww, I really was hoping it had something to do with the Timeless One…

Silly covenant AIs, how could they possibly be free by having all of the covenant be infected. In fact, they would be the only covenant not to “be free”… Haha!

the ai sounds almost exactly like the unknown voice at the end of the halo 4 trailer.

“I have been waiting along time for this, Reclamer.”

this might be because of 343 rehiring voice actors… maybe…

Halo 4 campaign
Looks epic I can’t wait so many new things to see and kill and maybe just maybe learn from

The T&R AI was quite intelligent actually, its just that no one figured that out. The AI knew the Great Journey was false, but it aimed to help its ‘masters’ along to it anyway, so that when Halo wiped them out, the AI could to take over the T&R and be free.

> The T&R AI was quite intelligent actually, its just that no one figured that out. The AI knew the Great Journey was false, but it aimed to help its ‘masters’ along to it anyway, so that when Halo wiped them out, the AI could to take over the T&R and be free.

Here you go: Dark Sweawm is so right! The TaR AI says it would be free after the Covenant annihilated themselves by activating the Rings. There was another AI (Mendicant Bias) aboard the Forerunner Dreadnought that powered High Charity. I believe this TaR AI is a fragment of Mendicant Bias.