Trust Frank O'connor & 343. Have Faith In Halo 4

I’m not going to argue about the new details mentioned in GameInformer.

There’s already confirmed comments from 343 employees that the information shared in GameInformer was misleading and out of context.

Halo 4 is sure to be an amazing game both for its story as well as its multiplayer.

Battle Rifle, DMR, as well as most precision weapons will have hitscan and no bloom meaning they will fire more like how the Battle Rifle did in Halo 2.

Don’t compare the game to other games when obviously we haven’t seen more than 20 seconds of gameplay or have any confirmation to how these things will work in game.

Just wait for the information to be straightened out.

Just wait for some gameplay.

Have faith guys :slight_smile:

Frank O’connor Halo 4 Hints and Halo Universe Discussion

Frank O’connor Compares Halo 3 to Halo 4

Frank O’connor Compares Bungie to 343 Industries

I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.

I’ll have faith when they explain what they are doing to Halo.

And I will try out Halo 4.

> I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.

The sad thing, though, is that we’re at the point where we are renting Halo to try it out. I never thought the day would come when I would be anything less than 100% about buying a Halo game.

I don’t put my faith in a man. Especially not a corporate man.

Why should we have faith?

> Why should we have faith?

Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.

> > Why should we have faith?
>
> Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.

That’s not a reason to have faith in something. 343i have never made a Halo game, the little info they have given us is (for some of us) disappointing, and in my opinion the artistic style of the game so far is disappointing, poor and lackluster.

> > Why should we have faith?
>
> Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.

That means we should have no faith. 343i is an unproven commodity.

The word faith is so overused in this forum it’s insane.

> > > Why should we have faith?
> >
> > Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.
>
> That’s not a reason to have faith in something. 343i have never made a Halo game, the little info they have given us is (for some of us) disappointing, and in my opinion the artistic style of the game so far is disappointing, poor and lackluster.

343 is lead by at least 4 former core bungie employees not to mention people with over 200+ years of gaming experience.

How exactly is the style of the game disappointing, poor, or lackluster?

Is it because it is different/upgraded?

They’ve been doing that for every Halo game so it’s not so different.

> I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.

Im going to pirate it.

> > > Why should we have faith?
> >
> > Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.
>
> That means we should have no faith. 343i is an unproven commodity.
>
> The word faith is so overused in this forum it’s insane.

Why should we have no faith in an incomplete and unreleased video game lead by a company who are devoted Halo fans and hard working people in the gaming industry based on misleading and out of context information?

I don’t trust a guy who thinks all weapons take the amount of skill.

Meh im just gonna shut up and embrace it…

I believe in Franktology.

i beliiiieeevvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

> > > > Why should we have faith?
> > >
> > > Because we do not have specific confirmed details nor gameplay.
> >
> > That means we should have no faith. 343i is an unproven commodity.
> >
> > The word faith is so overused in this forum it’s insane.
>
> Why should we have no faith in an incomplete and unreleased video game lead by a company who are devoted Halo fans and hard working people in the gaming industry based on misleading and out of context information?

We have no faith in things by default. That’s how it works. Faith and trust and confidence must be earned, we have absolutely no logical reason to place any of those things in 343i. They haven’t made a single Halo game yet, so why would you trust them? What have they done to win you over? We know very little about the game, and the little we know about the game sounds strange and shows needless change.

> > I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.
>
> The sad thing, though, is that we’re at the point where we are renting Halo to try it out. I never thought the day would come when I would be anything less than 100% about buying a Halo game.

I’ll leave the blind faith to the fanboys. I always try before I buy.

> Don’t compare the game to other games when obviously we haven’t seen more than 20 seconds of gameplay or have any confirmation to how these things will work in game.

Exactly if it was something exciting and amazing they would actually be willing to share more than just 20 seconds of footage 5 months from the release of the damn game.

At least with Bungie we had a freakin playable beta by now and actual useful weekly updates. Granted Reach was a flop, but at least I knew what to expect so I didn’t get my hopes up for Reach.

You know who plays their cards incredibly close to their chest until a few months before release?
Yep you guessed it, CoD Devs.

What does that tell you?

> > > I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.
> >
> > The sad thing, though, is that we’re at the point where we are renting Halo to try it out. I never thought the day would come when I would be anything less than 100% about buying a Halo game.
>
> I’ll leave the blind faith to the fanboys. I always try before I buy.

With Halo 2 and 3 there was no blind faith. There have always been fanboys, sure, but with the original trilogy you knew what you were getting because Bungie had proven their worth. Reach is a little bit different of a story, though.

> > > > I’ll at least rent Halo 4 to try it, which is more I can say about certain folks here claiming to be “fans”.
> > >
> > > The sad thing, though, is that we’re at the point where we are renting Halo to try it out. I never thought the day would come when I would be anything less than 100% about buying a Halo game.
> >
> > I’ll leave the blind faith to the fanboys. I always try before I buy.
>
> With Halo 2 and 3 there was no blind faith. There have always been fanboys, sure, but with the original trilogy you knew what you were getting because Bungie had proven their worth. <mark>Reach is a little bit different of a story, though.</mark>

Pretty debatable.