TrueSkill ranking system for Halo 4

What I would like to see in Halo 4 is a TrueSkill ranking system like the ranking system in Halo 3. I want to get matched up with people close to my skill range so multiplayer matches can be extremely competitive since I know that I got matched up with someone who is close to my skill range and over time, I know I’ll be getting better at the game if I can beat those people who are matched up with me over and over again. Having a TrueSkill ranking system would keep the interesting and fun from a competitive perspective. I would like to have a team who I know is capable of what I’m capable of instead of teammates who I can’t be certain to rely on.I want to know who agrees with having a TrueSkill like the one in Halo 3, or keeping the Halo Reach ranking system.

I don’t care what the ranking system is, but last night I had my three other teammates go -13, -14, and -11 in Reach Super Slayer. That shouldn’t be happening.

That’s my point. I want to have teammates I can rely on like in Halo 3.

> What I would like to see in Halo 4 is a TrueSkill ranking system like the ranking system in Halo 3. I want to get matched up with people close to my skill range so multiplayer matches can be extremely competitive since I know that I got matched up with someone who is close to my skill range and over time, I know I’ll be getting better at the game if I can beat those people who are matched up with me over and over again. Having a TrueSkill ranking system would keep the interesting and fun from a competitive perspective. I would like to have a team who I know is capable of what I’m capable of instead of teammates who I can’t be certain to rely on.I want to know who agrees with having a TrueSkill like the one in Halo 3, or keeping the Halo Reach ranking system.

TrueSkill Explained

If it was actually based on in-game performance (skill) and not wins.

Halo: Reach DOES use TrueSkill. The only differences are that it is invisible to the user (no number by your name) and it allows looser matching (likely due to the lower playlist populations).

H4 is going to have a TrueSkill ranking system.

How do I know?

Because MS has required TrueSkill for all MP components of all the games over XBL.

Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

The problem with so-called “skill” rankings is that there are many ways to cheat the system. And for thsoe of you basing skill-level on the K/D spread and not on whether or not yoru teammates complated the objective of the game, bear this in mind: A person who spent half their in-game “career” eating lead can make their overall K/D spread look godlike in a single week, or even a day, of dedicated spawn-camping in Grifball, regardless of whether they win or lose.

To truly get a measure of a person’s skill level would require ctually monitoring their in-game behavior to see just how stongly they contributed to the completion of the game’s objective, whether that be kills, flags, skulls, or whatever. More often than not I end a game with a negative K/D, but I provide numerous distractions and create a multitude of opportunities for my teammates to make their move and win us the game. For instance, in invasion I don’t always go directly after the objectives. Instead I focus on taking out the people guarding the objectives, or else keeping them occupied long enough for my teammates to run out the timer, plant the bomb, or snag the core. The typical result is that I die more often than I make a kill, resulting in a low or negative K/D spread, but I score several assists and provide enough distraction for my team to achieve victory. In Grifball I almost never have a postive spread, especially when the other team camps, but I have stillachieved 3 bomb plants in a single game with a -35 spread. By the “skill” standards expressed here, I’m a noob, or at the very least not very skilled, and yet whether personally (FFA) or in a team setting I have been victorious in the majority of the games I’ve played.

Just something to consider as you demand a more accurate skill-matching system. Honestly, I don’t think a computer program could ever be devised to truly measure a person’s skill.

Having a true skill ranking system would seriously appeal to the many hardcore fans of the series but I understand the reason for halo reaches exp system.
It kept lesser skilled players interested but this resulted in halo reach gaining a large fan base of casual gamers which is fine in many respects but has lead to the problems stated by the rest of these posts. Prehaps a compramise must be met where 343 can provide the much loved skill based competitive environment of halo 3 whilst appealing to more casual gamers through means of armour unlocks based on exp.