True Skill?

Can someone explain the Trueskill system for me please,as me (GT: Tempist fox3) and my mate (GT: Leagendairy) have played the same number of 2v2 party games (Same number of wins and losses) and we’ve played every match together except 1 which we both lost anyway yet my trueskill is 24 and his is 27 which to me makes no sense anyone able to explain for me?

How are you able to see your trueskill? It’s a background system.

Regardless, trueskill is based on your… well, skill. Unless you two are the same person you’re going to have different values.

> How are you able to see your trueskill? It’s a background system.
>
> Regardless, trueskill is based on your… well, skill. Unless you two are the same person you’re going to have different values.

You’re thinking Reach, his thread is about Halo Wars.

> > How are you able to see your trueskill? It’s a background system.
> >
> > Regardless, trueskill is based on your… well, skill. Unless you two are the same person you’re going to have different values.
>
> You’re thinking Reach, his thread is about Halo Wars.

looks Oh…
Well everything after regardless is still true.

There is trueskill in halo wars? It tells you every time you begin searching in a playlist…

Its based on your wins and losses, similar to halo 3. Your visible rank eg. Captain, Colonel etc. is based on in game score. The trueskill is shown on the leaderboards and has a max of 50. All you can do to raise it is by winning games.

Hope this helped a bit, i can explain more if need be.

> There is trueskill in halo wars? It tells you every time you begin searching in a playlist…
>
> Its based on your wins and losses, similar to halo 3. Your visible rank eg. Captain, Colonel etc. is based on in game score. The trueskill is shown on the leaderboards and has a max of 50. All you can do to raise it is by winning games.
>
> Hope this helped a bit, i can explain more if need be.

What you just described is rank, not trueskill.

Whats trueskill based on then?

true skill= the percentage of games that you have won divided by 2

if I played 10 games and won all of them I would have a true skill of 50, because i won 100% of the games I played.

> true skill= the percentage of games that you have won divided by 2
>
> if I played 10 games and won all of them I would have a true skill of 50, because i won 100% of the games I played.

Well either this is wrong, or what the OP said is wrong.

Trueskill is a complex system. It does take into account win/loss, but there is a lot more.

Streaks-Winning several games in a row makes your trueskill increase faster
Opponent Trueskill-Your trueskill will increase/decrease more or less depending on your opponent’s trueskill

There are more, and you can find an in-depth explanation somewhere on Microsoft’s website (or just google it), but it is not surprising that you and your friend have different ratings.

Well it obviously is not based on your Win % As i said at the beginning, Me (GT Tempist fox3) and my friend (GT: Legendairy) Have played the same number of matches (About 27) in 2v2 party teams we have both won the same number of games (About 24) and we played all but 1 of those matches together as allies the only match we played apart we lost anyway so it wouldn’t matter so i’m left wondering why my trueskill rank in only 24 (And hasn’t changed despite winning my last 12 2v2 party matches) and my friend’s truskill rank is 27 (which has gone up by 2 despite being in the same match as me for every game)

> Trueskill is a complex system. It does take into account win/loss, but there is a lot more.
>
> Streaks-Winning several games in a row makes your trueskill increase faster
> Opponent Trueskill-Your trueskill will increase/decrease more or less depending on your opponent’s trueskill
>
> There are more, and you can find an in-depth explanation somewhere on Microsoft’s website (or just google it), but it is not surprising that you and your friend have different ratings.

We have played every match together (2v2 party teams) which is why it makes no sense so our wins/losses are the same, our win streak is the same, and we have fought the same opponents :S You can see my confusion i hope?

> Well it obviously is not based on your Win % As i said at the beginning, Me (GT Tempist fox3) and my friend (GT: Legendairy) Have played the same number of matches (About 27) in 2v2 party teams we have both won the same number of games (About 24) and we played all but 1 of those matches together as allies the only match we played apart we lost anyway so it wouldn’t matter so i’m left wondering why my trueskill rank in only 24 (And hasn’t changed despite winning my last 12 2v2 party matches) and my friend’s truskill rank is 27 (which has gone up by 2 despite being in the same match as me for every game)

so you both lost 1 game when you werent on the same team ? well than its easy : you lost to people who had ,for example, trueskill 10 and your friend lost to people who had , for example , trueskill 20 . Meaning you lost more trueskill in that game than your friend did in his game

> Well it obviously is not based on your Win % As i said at the beginning, Me (GT Tempist fox3) and my friend (GT: Legendairy) Have played the same number of matches (About 27) in 2v2 party teams we have both won the same number of games (About 24) and we played all but 1 of those matches together as allies the only match we played apart we lost anyway so it wouldn’t matter so i’m left wondering why my trueskill rank in only 24 (And hasn’t changed despite winning my last 12 2v2 party matches) and my friend’s truskill rank is 27 (which has gone up by 2 despite being in the same match as me for every game)

so you both lost 1 game when you werent on the same team ? well than its easy : you lost to people who had ,for example, trueskill 10 and your friend lost to people who had , for example , trueskill 20 . Meaning you lost more trueskill in that game than your friend did in his game

> > Well it obviously is not based on your Win % As i said at the beginning, Me (GT Tempist fox3) and my friend (GT: Legendairy) Have played the same number of matches (About 27) in 2v2 party teams we have both won the same number of games (About 24) and we played all but 1 of those matches together as allies the only match we played apart we lost anyway so it wouldn’t matter so i’m left wondering why my trueskill rank in only 24 (And hasn’t changed despite winning my last 12 2v2 party matches) and my friend’s truskill rank is 27 (which has gone up by 2 despite being in the same match as me for every game)
>
> so you both lost 1 game when you werent on the same team ? well than its easy : you lost to people who had ,for example, trueskill 10 and your friend lost to people who had , for example , trueskill 20 . Meaning you lost more trueskill in that game than your friend did in his game

Ok thanks, the solution was that simple, now i feel stupid >.<