True Skill & New Live Account Questions

Hey forum peoples, jsut a couple of questions I’d like answered:

• I’d like to use only my new XBox Live account. Will all of my Halo goodies on my 360 be available to my new account, or are they attached to my old account not my hard drive?

• Do the matchmaking factors of True Skill apply to JIP matches?

• Does True Skill no longer come into play in playlists with low populations due to the impossibility of proper matches with not enough people of similar skill?

• What’s the general opinion on how well True Skill and CSR will work together, or are they the same thing with a visual aid?

Thanks everyone! Happy hunting!

> - I’d like to use only my new XBox Live account. Will all of my Halo goodies on my 360 be available to my new account, or are they attached to my old account not my hard drive?

Things like DLC maps should be attached to both the console and the account. So as long as that console is the first console you downloaded it to, it should be accessible to other accounts on that console.

That said, you can change your gamertag if you are unhappy with the name, and keep all your content. I don’t know why you’d want a blank 'tag.

> - Do the matchmaking factors of True Skill apply to JIP matches?

Yes, but it’s pretty loose. Halo 4 considers matching time and connection far above skill match.

> - Does True Skill no longer come into play in playlists with low populations due to the impossibility of proper matches with not enough people of similar skill?

It still comes into play, but you simply can’t get as good matches with fewer players. This applies to connection strength (latency) as well.

> - What’s the general opinion on how well True Skill and CSR will work together, or are they the same thing with a visual aid?

AFAIK, CSR is just the CSE (Conservative Estimate Skill) of the TrueSkill (one word) that is used to match you with other players. So they’re inseparable really.

1.no, your Halo stuff is only connected to 1 account. so when you use a new account your going to start fresh

2.I would imagine so since its going to look for matches with people of your CSR

1. I wouldn’t think a playlist population would be that low in in the case it was I would say yes. you might play with people of a lower CSR

4.CSR and true skill are the same thing. while one CSR might be higher in one playlist it will not be the same throughout all. even though it is not visible in game it will be implemented into your games.

hope this cleared things up :slight_smile:

Thank you much gentlemen!