Troubles with multiple playable species.

Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind. And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a HUGE different to gameplay. this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.

> Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.

That’s false.

In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.

> > Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.
>
> That’s false.
>
> In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.

It is game changing, try headshooting an elite from the back with a br, covenant carbine or magnum. you will notice that there is a very tiny area were it will kill them compared to humans and if you shoot them from the side it’s much easier as it’s sticking out.
In halo 3 yes. But in halo 3 elites were very small compared to reach and halo 4. Imagine them putting halo 4 elites in multiplayer, they are pretty big compared even to chief. It might sound as if I’m only referring to halo 3 in this article and I’m sorry about that I’m quite new to forums and trying to learn the best way to make people understand everything without having to type a entire essay.

> > > Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.
> >
> > That’s false.
> >
> > In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.
>
> <mark>It is game changing, try headshooting an elite from the back with a br, covenant carbine or magnum.</mark> you will notice that there is a very tiny area were it will kill them compared to humans and if you shoot them from the side it’s much easier as it’s sticking out.
> In halo 3 yes. But in halo 3 elites were very small compared to reach and halo 4. Imagine them putting halo 4 elites in multiplayer, they are pretty big compared even to chief. It might sound as if I’m only referring to halo 3 in this article and I’m sorry about that I’m quite new to forums and trying to learn the best way to make people understand everything without having to type a entire essay.

I am able to hit that little spot very easily because i’m a skilled shooter. I’ve killed people from that angle literally thousands of times.

Also elites come in many different sizes, just like us humans. having elites being 7,2 wouldn’t be to hard of a stretch or making it so that elites have different sizes in campaign. Such as the higher the rank the slightly taller they are. This could also work in MP such as in Ranked games elites and Spartans will have the same hitboxes and size while in social it could be like in Reach where your species played slightly different.

Really, these things aren’t impossible, refusing to do them is just being an -Yoink- IMO. Unless of course time is an issue than go ahead and give the elites 1 size and the same hitboxes. People love elites taking them out of Halo MP is like taking the jelly from PB&J. Its still good but it could be far better.

I really hope they bring back mp elites, and fully customizable ones and allowed in any game mode, like in halo 3. I hate being a spartan:(

> > > > Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.
> > >
> > > That’s false.
> > >
> > > In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.
> >
> > <mark>It is game changing, try headshooting an elite from the back with a br, covenant carbine or magnum.</mark> you will notice that there is a very tiny area were it will kill them compared to humans and if you shoot them from the side it’s much easier as it’s sticking out.
> > In halo 3 yes. But in halo 3 elites were very small compared to reach and halo 4. Imagine them putting halo 4 elites in multiplayer, they are pretty big compared even to chief. It might sound as if I’m only referring to halo 3 in this article and I’m sorry about that I’m quite new to forums and trying to learn the best way to make people understand everything without having to type a entire essay.
>
> I am able to hit that little spot very easily because i’m a skilled shooter. I’ve killed people from that angle literally thousands of times.

Nothing to do with skill or difficulty, it’s literally the same as shooting a Spartan in the back. You can go into Halo 3 Multiplayer and test it out yourself. The only “problem” with Elite hitboxes in Halo 3 was the gap in the neck, which really was justified in that it made the Elite hitbox the same as a Spartan but with the head moved forward.

> > > > > Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.
> > > >
> > > > That’s false.
> > > >
> > > > In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.
> > >
> > > <mark>It is game changing, try headshooting an elite from the back with a br, covenant carbine or magnum.</mark> you will notice that there is a very tiny area were it will kill them compared to humans and if you shoot them from the side it’s much easier as it’s sticking out.
> > > In halo 3 yes. But in halo 3 elites were very small compared to reach and halo 4. Imagine them putting halo 4 elites in multiplayer, they are pretty big compared even to chief. It might sound as if I’m only referring to halo 3 in this article and I’m sorry about that I’m quite new to forums and trying to learn the best way to make people understand everything without having to type a entire essay.
> >
> > I am able to hit that little spot very easily because i’m a skilled shooter. I’ve killed people from that angle literally thousands of times.
>
> Nothing to do with skill or difficulty, it’s literally the same as shooting a Spartan in the back. You can go into Halo 3 Multiplayer and test it out yourself. The only “problem” with Elite hitboxes in Halo 3 was the gap in the neck, which really was justified in that it made the Elite hitbox the same as a Spartan but with the head moved forward.

lol than why complain about it?

Really i don’t understand that argument of its harder to shoot the elites from the rear. Yes it is slightly but it is also far easier to get a shoot off from the side and from the front since center mass with elites meant headshot.

It also implies that players don’t look before they fire. I see more target and shoot accordingly. Just aiming where you think/know hte head is takes away some of the fun IMO. This is a sci fi shooter, i expect crazy Sci Fi -Yoink- like aliens, crazy unbelievable weapons, and intelligence to the highest degree. You know, the good stuff.

The less Sci Fi the more we should feel ripped off. I understand that 343i wanted to really show off the spartan IV’s in Halo 4 but Reach should of been the Halo game with massive Sangheili influence just as much as the Spartans if not than more. Also a bit ticked off about the new info i found out about Halo 3 ODST. How it was originally going to be a game about Sangheili Spec Ops team, but that is unrelated.

Adding in Halo 5 properly would help far much more than damage.

> > Without a doubt it was cool to play as a elite in previous halo titles and now people want it back, some also suggest brutes and even prometheans to be playable in multiplayer. However there is a reason why they were only playable in some playlists in halo reach and why they are not even present in halo 4. Now don’t get me wrong I loved playing as a elite now and again but I would rather not have them playable in halo “xbox on”. Why? Well hitboxes. I’m not very competitive but anyone who played swat knows that <mark>playing as an elite against nubs makes it very hard for them to hit you in the head from behind.</mark> And having different hitboxes are honestly a bit unfair, some people want the old multiplayer system back (no AA, sprint, bloom etc.) but also wants to play as an elite, spawning with a different model and hitboxes makes a <mark>HUGE different to gameplay.</mark> this is where halo reach actually did something right. A gamemode for this: Invasion. Not only did it fix that issue but it was extremely fun to play, elites vs spartans? -Yoink!- YEAH! So what I’m trying to say is: Don’t beg for elites or any other playable species. As it makes a less balanced gameplay. Beg for invasion a casual gametype we can all enjoy and you get to play as elites.
>
> That’s false.
>
> In Halo 3 the only difference was that the head hitbox was slightly moved forward on Elites. I wouldn’t say that’s a major problem, definitely something that should be fixed since it created an area on the model that couldn’t be hit, but far from game changing.

From what I remember, it was more difficult to pop an elite in the back of the head due to it crunching over a bit. Then again, it’s been a while.

> Nothing to do with skill or difficulty, it’s literally the same as shooting a Spartan in the back. You can go into Halo 3 Multiplayer and test it out yourself. The only “problem” with Elite hitboxes in Halo 3 was the gap in the neck, which really was justified in that it made the Elite hitbox the same as a Spartan but with the head moved forward.

Even if the hitboxes were the same, the visual difference threw players off. In the video, the player headshot the Elite from behind by aiming between the shoulders. No one without knowledge of the hitbox likenesses does that. They aim over the shoulders–which is above the hitbox–for the head, so they miss.

> > Nothing to do with skill or difficulty, it’s literally the same as shooting a Spartan in the back. You can go into Halo 3 Multiplayer and test it out yourself. The only “problem” with Elite hitboxes in Halo 3 was the gap in the neck, which really was justified in that it made the Elite hitbox the same as a Spartan but with the head moved forward.
>
> Even if the hitboxes were the same, the visual difference threw players off. In the video, the player headshot the Elite from behind by aiming between the shoulders. No one without knowledge of the hitbox likenesses does that. They aim over the shoulders–which is above the hitbox–for the head, so they miss.

That sounds more like it was their personal problem. And even though I used to do that, it never really bothered me- I just had to fire a bite longer.