Tron reference?

Master control skins HAVE to be a direct reference to Tron. I’d kill myself if they weren’t

They’re not. A Reddit user by the name of Vetoed suggested neon skins for Halo 5, and I think gave some concept art as well (I don’t remember). Apparently enough, 343 responded by creating the Master Control skins and implementing them into the game. I believe 343 unlocked them for Vetoed on day one of Anvil’s Legacy.

Please don’t kill yourself, everyone loves you.

> 2533274939958452;2:
> They’re not. A Reddit user by the name of Vetoed suggested neon skins for Halo 5, and I think gave some concept art as well (I don’t remember). Apparently enough, 343 responded by creating the Master Control skins and implementing them into the game. I believe 343 unlocked them for Vetoed on day one of Anvil’s Legacy.
>
> Please don’t kill yourself, everyone loves you.

MCP,
Master control program was an antagonist in the first tron.

It’s a Tron reference :relaxed:

> 2533274847563380;3:
> > 2533274939958452;2:
> > They’re not. A Reddit user by the name of Vetoed suggested neon skins for Halo 5, and I think gave some concept art as well (I don’t remember). Apparently enough, 343 responded by creating the Master Control skins and implementing them into the game. I believe 343 unlocked them for Vetoed on day one of Anvil’s Legacy.
> >
> > Please don’t kill yourself, everyone loves you.
>
>
> MCP,
> Master control program was an antagonist in the first tron.
>
> It’s a Tron reference :relaxed:

Well then, excuse me.

Perhaps Vetoed was making a Tron reference? Maybe he wasn’t, and 343 decided to throw that name in there as a reference to Tron? I don’t know.

The in game descriptions as well. Such as “survive” idk just my 2¢

> 2533274939958452;4:
> > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > 2533274939958452;2:
> > > They’re not. A Reddit user by the name of Vetoed suggested neon skins for Halo 5, and I think gave some concept art as well (I don’t remember). Apparently enough, 343 responded by creating the Master Control skins and implementing them into the game. I believe 343 unlocked them for Vetoed on day one of Anvil’s Legacy.
> > >
> > > Please don’t kill yourself, everyone loves you.
> >
> >
> > MCP,
> > Master control program was an antagonist in the first tron.
> >
> > It’s a Tron reference :relaxed:
>
>
> Well then, excuse me.
>
> Perhaps Vetoed was making a Tron reference? Maybe he wasn’t, and 343 decided to throw that name in there as a reference to Tron? I don’t know.

Probably,

To be honest I didn’t know the name till today, and the moment I heard what it was I knew it was a Tron thing lol

So 90s man… :sweat_smile:

How would one reference Torn?

It’s fairly obvious they are Tron themed. The descriptions alone are:
“Survive.”
“Enjoy the power you have been given.”
“The covenant started out small and ended small”
“Prepare to terminate”
“A new frontier.”

These are all paraphrases and direct quotes from the original 1982 movie.

Vetoed, my homie, created this design. I don’t believe it was a tron reference, and I don’t look at is as such.

> 2533274849645950;9:
> Vetoed, my homie, created this design. I don’t believe it was a tron reference, and I don’t look at is as such.

‘Created’ is a bold word. All he did was trace the edges on magnum in a screenshot. And 343 didn’t even use the same design.

The color he chose just happened to be the same as Flynn’s colors in Tron? Even the top voted comment in his original reddit post about the skins is about Tron. It’s more than likely where he drew his inspiration from, and as I mentioned in my earlier post, the skin descriptions are all quotes from the movie. The name of the skins themselves are from a character I’m the movie.

It’s pretty undeniable.

I love the skins, currently have them all equipped xD

> 2661949065475413;10:
> > 2533274849645950;9:
> > Vetoed, my homie, created this design. I don’t believe it was a tron reference, and I don’t look at is as such.
>
>
> ‘Created’ is a bold word. All he did was trace the edges on magnum in a screenshot.
>
> The color he chose just happened to be the same as Flynn’s colors in Tron. Even the top voted comment in his original reddit post about the skins is about Tron. It’s more than likely where he drew his inspiration from, and as I mentioned in my earlier post, the skin descriptions are all quotes from the movie. The name of the skins themselves are from a character I’m the movie.
>
> It’s pretty undeniable.

Well, I wasn’t too informed on the details. Even so, Master Control reminds me of the community effort it took to make it official.