Triple Brute Rush

Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.

> Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.

using 1 arbi 2 unsc:

Arbi goes 2 sp temple and gets citidel ASAP before any brutes get to the base. then gets fiendish return. do not upgrade SP, just keep building and once they get to ur base try and get turret up if you can in the back or wherever they are not looking. DO NOT RAGE. DONT UPGRADE SP. just get fiendish and HIT BRUTE SQUADS 1ST NOT CHIEFTANS. its a 3 hit kill…

1 UNSC. Go barracks 2nd and keep pumping flammers. once you get 7-10, send them as a group to the brute squads 1ST not chieftans. try and get flammers to group up with enemy units So they vortex their own squads with the flammers…

these 2 moves should hold off the initial rush.

2nd UNSC go TECH 3 ASAP and get wolverines out ASAP 6-8 is good, then switch to tanks.

That stops banshees which is 99% gonna be the next wave.

next, other unsc goes straight tanks… Arbi goes banshees/vamps depending on how many of them went banshees and how many wolves you still have left…

After the initial rush, try to expand with both UNSC. almost 100% of the time they will go for the 1 covi’s base, so plan to defend there at first. AFTER you stop the rush use flamers to take reactors/clear bases.

this is for fort dean/ frozen valley.

on exile with 2 UNSC both insta-expand and do same w/ arbi… one UNSC still gets flamers and then goes and takes their reactors after the rush… the other unsc just goes for a few wolves and then PT tanks… send 5 flamers to your reactors early.

that will beat most tripple covie rushes every time.

Hm. Alright, but in the rush we faced each player had 3 supply pads, temple and then started immediately pumping wraiths, banshees and jackals, not just brutes. The wraiths did a number on the hogs, and would do the same against flamers. We ran the strat against people, some of which produced flamers and turrets, but we were able to kill them quite quickly using jackals wraiths and vortex. When we were beaten with it initially I already had a shield up, and they just went to my teammates. Granted my third was rather incompetent, but it still seems like flamers might not do it when they’re pumping banshees and wraiths for their initial rush. Any advice for that?

> Hm. Alright, but in the rush we faced each player had 3 supply pads, temple and then started immediately pumping wraiths, banshees and jackals, not just brutes. The wraiths did a number on the hogs, and would do the same against flamers. We ran the strat against people, some of which produced flamers and turrets, but we were able to kill them quite quickly using jackals wraiths and vortex. When we were beaten with it initially I already had a shield up, and they just went to my teammates. Granted my third was rather incompetent, but it still seems like flamers might not do it when they’re pumping banshees and wraiths for their initial rush. Any advice for that?

then your other 2 people who were not rushed would be miles ahead economy wise and could 2v3 them basically… whoever was not building flamers goes 6 wolves then the rest tanks… anders goes gremlins also… the other unsc that did build flamers goes tanks too. the 2 sets of tanks with 1 set of wolves and 1 set of gremlins will kill their leaders, wraiths, banshees, and jackals…

if your covi does as i said, he WILL stall them long enough with the early flame thrower help… the covi acts as a meatshield, he must just take on the rush as best he can and stall. the 2 UNSC will overpower 3 covi’s that rush this hard.

> > Hm. Alright, but in the rush we faced each player had 3 supply pads, temple and then started immediately pumping wraiths, banshees and jackals, not just brutes. The wraiths did a number on the hogs, and would do the same against flamers. We ran the strat against people, some of which produced flamers and turrets, but we were able to kill them quite quickly using jackals wraiths and vortex. When we were beaten with it initially I already had a shield up, and they just went to my teammates. Granted my third was rather incompetent, but it still seems like flamers might not do it when they’re pumping banshees and wraiths for their initial rush. Any advice for that?
>
> then your other 2 people who were not rushed would be miles ahead economy wise and could 2v3 them basically… whoever was not building flamers goes 6 wolves then the rest tanks… anders goes gremlins also… the other unsc that did build flamers goes tanks too. the 2 sets of tanks with 1 set of wolves and 1 set of gremlins will kill their leaders, wraiths, banshees, and jackals…
>
>
> if your covi does as i said, he WILL stall them long enough with the early flame thrower help… the covi acts as a meatshield, he must just take on the rush as best he can and stall. the 2 UNSC will overpower 3 covi’s that rush this hard.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I figured. Hogs are good as a counter rush on some maps too, but on deen the bases are a bit too close together. I think my teammate was just incompetent and went for ODSTs like an idiot. I’ll make them change next time we play. I guess I shouldn’t build a shield either if I’m going to act as a meatshield, they’ll just go to the human bases. Come to think of it, turrets aren’t bad either considering they’re wasting so much of their economy. Thanks bro.

These helped me a lot…

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0AD95B9F2EFB37FC

It definitly is something that would be hard to do by yourself I would say a couple flamethrowers or jackles would do some good work. But you would need team-mate support.

> These helped me a lot…
>
> http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0AD95B9F2EFB37FC

Meh. Mitch’s videos are hit or miss. The way they were running the brute strategy was fairly different from the way I encountered it. Double pumping flamers isn’t a great idea by itself, and the videos they showed had the flamer pump without anything else. I’m actually thinking that wraiths might be a viable counter, or even locusts. I’m going to try some stuff out sometime soon.

Other than recommend that you have great team coordination, and if you happen to be on the sh** end of the stick, you might just want to turtle as best you can, I’m afraid I’m of no help.

> Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.

What exactly are they rushing?

Just 3 brute chieftans? Extra brutes? Air/tanks?

Dont forget unsc should send hogs to Covi bases to ram brutes as they try to teleport…

> > Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.
>
> What exactly are they rushing?
>
> Just 3 brute chieftans? Extra brutes? Air/tanks?

We replicated it, their build order was something like temple, wh, wh, then hall/factory/summit, immediately spamming un-upgraded wraiths, banshees, jackals and brutes. The wraiths do a number on hogs and flamers. It’s a fast rush on Deen because of the transporter. As long as you’re keeping the unsc down, the wraiths are actually quite effective.

Here’s the link.

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=13563563-2932-5134-1409-000000000000

> > > Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.
> >
> > What exactly are they rushing?
> >
> > Just 3 brute chieftans? Extra brutes? Air/tanks?
>
> We replicated it, their build order was something like temple, wh, wh, then hall/factory/summit, immediately spamming un-upgraded wraiths, banshees, jackals and brutes. The wraiths do a number on hogs and flamers. It’s a fast rush on Deen because of the transporter. As long as you’re keeping the unsc down, the wraiths are actually quite effective.

Most of waht people have said so far is your best bet.

One comment I have though: Defending 1 base from 3 armies is tough, especially on bigger maps where your teammate is far away (fort deen aint to bad, but tough). There are 3 armies at your base. 3 armies vs 1 can result in no casualties for the 3s side. Repeat twice for each teammate, game over. Trying to get units to a rushed teammate at the right time is very hard, trying to make the fight a true 3v3 battle… Im sure you know all of this, but its only to support the point that rushing their base is one of the best options.

Covy units, on average, do less damage than UNSC. Covy bases, on average, have much lower health than UNSC.
These 2 facts make lead me to the opinion that the best chance is to attack their bases.

> > > > Anyone have any tips on beating it? Map specific. We’ve been trying to find out ways to beat it ourselves, but my friends don’t think that going double hogs can counter it. We use Arby(me)/Anders/Cutter. Turrets are another option, but they’re expensive and a bit of a gamble.
> > >
> > > What exactly are they rushing?
> > >
> > > Just 3 brute chieftans? Extra brutes? Air/tanks?
> >
> > We replicated it, their build order was something like temple, wh, wh, then hall/factory/summit, immediately spamming un-upgraded wraiths, banshees, jackals and brutes. The wraiths do a number on hogs and flamers. It’s a fast rush on Deen because of the transporter. As long as you’re keeping the unsc down, the wraiths are actually quite effective.
>
> Most of waht people have said so far is your best bet.
>
> One comment I have though: Defending 1 base from 3 armies is tough, especially on bigger maps where your teammate is far away (fort deen aint to bad, but tough). There are 3 armies at your base. 3 armies vs 1 can result in no casualties for the 3s side. Repeat twice for each teammate, game over. Trying to get units to a rushed teammate at the right time is very hard, trying to make the fight a true 3v3 battle… Im sure you know all of this, but its only to support the point that rushing their base is one of the best options.
>
> Covy units, on average, do less damage than UNSC. Covy bases, on average, have much lower health than UNSC.
> These 2 facts make lead me to the opinion that the best chance is to attack their bases.

That’s what I’m thinking too, but my friend’s hogs all died. Granted my other friend was being rather incompetent and was apparently saving up for ODST while they were destroying our Anders until we told him he should be building tanks.

Pumping flamers isn’t going to work because of the wraiths, and the wraiths cost too much to rage down that early in the game. I think if I could get my Arbiter over there with two sets of hogs we would have one, but my friends wanted me to stay behind and rage the army down (which is limited).

> That’s what I’m thinking too, but my friend’s hogs all died. Granted my other friend was being rather incompetent and was apparently saving up for ODST while they were destroying our Anders until we told him he should be building tanks.
>
> Pumping flamers isn’t going to work because of the wraiths, and the wraiths cost too much to rage down that early in the game. I think if I could get my Arbiter over there with two sets of hogs we would have one, but my friends wanted me to stay behind and rage the army down (which is limited).

What did he lose his hogs to? Werent all units being warped to the rush, and being spammed enough for no turrets to go up? You need someone better with warthogs, like me :]

As for the arbiter, thats a toughy. He would take a long time to get to the other side to harrass, longer tahn it may be worth to sit back and defend the rush. If hes upgraded, I would defend with him. Unupgraded, your kinda forced to defend, though using the extra money to attack might be an option(but might be hard due to the rush at your base). Do your best to have their rush focusing back and forth between different targets. If the other team is good though, you dont really have a choice. They will coordinate and focus fire things down/let counters kill their units.

One thing that does stop(not garuntee victory) a rush always: a faster rush.

I got a question simillar. What do you do when all covi leaders no matter who rush one base at very start of match and rape you. After you die there is no way for team to win. What can be done to counter act this? Asides from these no skill -Yoinks!- who would get smoked if they tried to use UNSC. UNSC “RUSHES” are no problem.

> I got a question simillar. What do you do when all covi leaders no matter who rush one base at very start of match and rape you. After you die there is no way for team to win. What can be done to counter act this? Asides from these no skill Yoink! who would get smoked if they tried to use UNSC. UNSC “RUSHES” are no problem.

this is what anyone good would do…

using 1 arbi 2 unsc:

Arbi goes 2 sp temple and gets citidel ASAP before any brutes get to the base. then gets fiendish return. do not upgrade SP, just keep building and once they get to ur base try and get turret up if you can in the back or wherever they are not looking. DO NOT RAGE. DONT UPGRADE SP. just get fiendish and HIT BRUTE SQUADS 1ST NOT CHIEFTANS. its a 3 hit kill…

1 UNSC. Go barracks 2nd and keep pumping flammers. once you get 7-10, send them as a group to the brute squads 1ST not chieftans. try and get flammers to group up with enemy units So they vortex their own squads with the flammers…

these 2 moves should hold off the initial rush.

2nd UNSC go TECH 3 ASAP and get wolverines out ASAP 6-8 is good, then switch to tanks.

That stops banshees which is 99% gonna be the next wave.

next, other unsc goes straight tanks… Arbi goes banshees/vamps depending on how many of them went banshees and how many wolves you still have left…

After the initial rush, try to expand with both UNSC. almost 100% of the time they will go for the 1 covi’s base, so plan to defend there at first. AFTER you stop the rush use flamers to take reactors/clear bases.

this is for fort dean/ frozen valley.

on exile with 2 UNSC both insta-expand and do same w/ arbi… one UNSC still gets flamers and then goes and takes their reactors after the rush… the other unsc just goes for a few wolves and then PT tanks… send 5 flamers to your reactors early.

that will beat most tripple covie rushes every time.