TRILOGY SUPPORTING LARGE SCALE BATTLES

Would be very nice to have a chance for H4-6 to support more large scale battles. 24 or 32 would be nice and I know it would be amazing knowing how much variety Halo’s sandbox is. Don’t get me wrong I do love the Arena style 4v4 but Halo has much more potential to open up more players with large scale battles especially with Customs. Yeah, thats going to be alot of “kids” blowing up our mics but if “Server Browsers” are the next thing for Halo 4 and up, the admin of the server can set guidelines for the server like “no abusing mics” and hopefully Dedicated Servers will make an appearance! 24-32 with the current system would be MAD!

It’s a crazy idea to many but I know even H4 can do this. With the massive overhauls they have made to the engine I’m pretty sure 343 can do it especially with the AMAZING enhanced graphics made into the game when people have already claimed Halo:Reach was supposedly pushing the limits of the Xbox 360. It could be possible for the brand new engine to actually be able to accomplish more without more usage on memory and all the techy stuff I’m not familiar with.

Being the guy who has made over 150 Reach maps with half of them being large scale maps, I have had alot of fun playing with 16 players but still feel Halo can easily expand the population limit while still being very fun. (This is depending if the maps are actually good.)

Imagine going into a customs or MM lobby with 24-32 playing. Each team spawns in a floating ship with falcons and pelicans in the hangar where you spawn and on the ground there’s a bunch explosions like mortars (if they are in the game) and gun firing echoing throughout the whole battlefield. You go inside the pelican with some of your friends while your other teammate drops the team off into the battlefield where the objectives are and once you and your team gets out you immediately take cover trying to back up your teammates that already were there to finish the objectives…

The rest is what you want it to be :slight_smile: but with all this, what are your thoughts?

> Would be very nice to have a chance for H4-6 to support more large scale battles. 24 or 32 would be nice and I know it would be amazing knowing how much variety Halo’s sandbox is. Don’t get me wrong I do love the Arena style 4v4 but Halo has much more potential to open up more players with large scale battles especially with Customs. Yeah, thats going to be alot of “kids” blowing up our mics but if “Server Browsers” are the next thing for Halo 4 and up, the admin of the server can set guidelines for the server like “no abusing mics.”
>
> It’s a crazy idea to many but I know even H4 can do this. With the massive overhauls they have made to the engine I’m pretty sure 343 can do it especially with the AMAZING enhanced graphics made into the game when people have already claimed Halo:Reach was supposedly pushing the limits of the Xbox 360. It could be possible for the brand new engine to actually be able to accomplish more without more usage on memory and all the techy stuff I’m not familiar with.
>
> Being the guy who has made over 150 Reach maps with half of them being large scale maps, I have had alot of fun playing with 16 players but still feel Halo can easily expand the population limit while still being very fun. (This is depending if the maps are actually good.)
>
> Imagine going into a customs or MM lobby with 24-32 playing. Each team spawns in a floating ship with falcons and pelicans in the hangar where you spawn and on the ground there’s a bunch explosions like mortars (if they are in the game) and gun firing echoing throughout the whole battlefield. <mark>You go inside the pelican with some of your friends while your other teammate drops the team off into the battlefield</mark> where the objectives are and once you and your team gets out you immediately take cover trying to back up your teammates that already were there to finish the objectives…
>
> The rest is what you want it to be :slight_smile: but with all this, what are your thoughts?

This!!

343, I CAN HAS PELICUNZ NAO?!?!?!

As much as I support your ideas, it won’t happen. The Xbox 360 simply isn’t powerful enough to handle that kind of scale.

Why do you think the Battlefield series which is renowned even as far back as 2000 with Battlefield 1942 for supporting 64 players on massive maps, not supporting more than a measly 24 players (with small maps) on the consoles? Yes there are exceptions such as MAG, but that game makes huge compromises and often only 30-odd players are on the screen at any one time.

The network code needed to cope with 24+ players NEEDS dedicated servers. Even then, the memory resources required to compute the locations and behaviours of each player in addition to much larger maps is extreme. I remember BF2142 on the PC (year 2006) could soak up to 2.3GB of RAM (due to the scale of the maps), the Xbox 360 only has 512MB which is shared between the graphics unit too. In other words, it is no where near powerful enough.

The main reason it won’t happen is because Microsoft will not invest in dedicated servers. Until Xbox 720 and Xbox LIVE v.3 is released I can’t see anything close to your ideas materialising, as much as I would love them to!

SO MUCH LAG …

THE END

The community will be the cause of the downfall of your idea. There are too many “limited” people that are incapable of dropping off a team onto the battlefield. And there’s no need for that many people.

Here you go.

> SO MUCH LAG …
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> THE END

Dice can do it.

This is what every1 wants halo to be but mark my words it will never get like this probably :frowning: your wishing for too much

It’s a great idea. But there would be a lot of lag.

My dad knows a little about the biz and he tells me that companies like MS are trying to put off making the consumers upgrade hardware. Because that would make it harder for new games to sell if they also required new console to play on. People only invest the money in new hardware when they have to, maybe when there are several new games that need it, would they upgrade. That’s why the kinect sells so well, it isn’t related to the graphics engine at all, it’s just a new controller, but it made the Xbox 360 new all over again.

From what I’ve read nobody is contemplating next gen consoles for at least three or four years because the technology isn’t cost effective yet and not enough of a leap forward in quality to be worth it. What we have now is the best compromise between graphics technology and cost ever, which is a hard balance to maintain for a widely available consumer product.

Appearently Halo 4 will support “large scale battlefields”, but only in its campaign.

> SO MUCH LAG …
>
> THE END

You clearly didn’t read OP’s post. This idea only works if there is dedicated servers just as OP stated.