Trick to get new weapon skins early!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not utilize or share fraudulent methods to obtain content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Text removed.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not utilize or share fraudulent methods to obtain content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Text removed.

That blue Storm rifle is the bonus from the McFarlane series 2 Elite figure.
Seems the update added more than just the Champion DLC items.

Chill Storm Rifle

I really like the new skin for the Assault Rifle. And the new stances. I’m just saying…for no reason. I’ll get my coat.

Just added the Boltshot Steampunk, completely forgot about it :stuck_out_tongue:

That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:

I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.

When I first read the title I thought the thread was going to be locked, also I figured this thread would have a lot more posts.

I’m going to try this when I get off of work, I really want to check out the Engage Carbine skin, it actually looks like something that the Covenant would use. Looks badass to me and I’ll be buying that Jackal to get it.

> That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:
>
> <mark>I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.</mark>

One can dream :slight_smile:

so wait, do what?

> > That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:
> >
> > <mark>I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.</mark>
>
> One can dream :slight_smile:

Would’ve been awesome aha - you already won a a couple of CA shirts, anyway :slight_smile:

But didn’t all of us CMotWs get early access to Castle?

What happens with this weapon skin trick if there are multiple skins for a weapon? For example, last I checked, the Light Rifle had a skin included with the LE Halo 4 Console, and another coming with the McFarlane figures.

> > > That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > <mark>I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.</mark>
> >
> > One can dream :slight_smile:
>
> Would’ve been awesome aha - you already won a a couple of CA shirts, anyway :slight_smile:
>
> But didn’t all of us CMotWs get early access to Castle?
>
> What happens with this weapon skin trick if there are multiple skins for a weapon? For example, last I checked, the Light Rifle had a skin included with the LE Halo 4 Console, and another coming with the McFarlane figures.

You would get given the first skin, in this case it was the console skin.

> > > > That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.</mark>
> > >
> > > One can dream :slight_smile:
> >
> > Would’ve been awesome aha - you already won a a couple of CA shirts, anyway :slight_smile:
> >
> > But didn’t all of us CMotWs get early access to Castle?
> >
> > What happens with this weapon skin trick if there are multiple skins for a weapon? For example, last I checked, the Light Rifle had a skin included with the LE Halo 4 Console, and another coming with the McFarlane figures.
>
> You would get given the first skin, in this case it was the console skin.

Is there a way to use the McFarlane skin, then?

> > > That is really cool! Will have to try out this trick myself sometime :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > <mark>I thought Certain Affinity had just given you early access to Champions, when you tweeted about it earlier today, Moa.</mark>
> >
> > One can dream :slight_smile:
>
> Would’ve been awesome aha - you already won a a couple of CA shirts, anyway :slight_smile:
>
> But didn’t all of us CMotWs get early access to Castle?
>
> What happens with this weapon skin trick if there are multiple skins for a weapon? For example, last I checked, the Light Rifle had a skin included with the LE Halo 4 Console, and another coming with the McFarlane figures.

The LR only has the console skin currently. The “second” skin is the LR missing its grip and stock; this is the one Prometheans use. The Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, Suppressor, and Scattershot have a variant like this, too.

There is no McFarlane skin, and the only skin added in this update was the Steampunk one.

Where is this Orange DMR skin from? Just looked and it’s not part of the toy dlc???

I really like these skins especially the DMR Orange and Magnum Blue. Thanks for sharing this guys!

> Where is this Orange DMR skin from? Just looked and it’s not part of the toy dlc???

As far as I know, it is going to be the exclusive reward for people who have purchased Spartan Assault (it was mentioned at PAX I believe).

> > Where is this Orange DMR skin from? Just looked and it’s not part of the toy dlc???
>
> As far as I know, it is going to be the exclusive reward for people who have purchased Spartan Assault (it was mentioned at PAX I believe).

How does that work exactly because I have Spartan Assault?

Thank you Moa! Looks like I’ll be buying spartan assault, that orange weapon skin is the bees knees.

Well, I just got a Supressor with white markings all over it.

> > > Where is this Orange DMR skin from? Just looked and it’s not part of the toy dlc???
> >
> > As far as I know, it is going to be the exclusive reward for people who have purchased Spartan Assault (it was mentioned at PAX I believe).
>
> How does that work exactly because I have Spartan Assault?

Lucky guess here but if you download the bundle tomorrow and the game recognizes you’ve played Spartan Assault, it will unlock the DMR Orange skin too.