Traditional/Core Halo 4 Playlists

343, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not going to add instant respawns, progression systems, custom loadouts, default sprint, and weapon drop pods in every playlist. It is dissapointing core multiplayer Halo fans like myself will once again not be able to fully enjoy the game in the default playlists like I was able to in the Halo trilogy, but I think I speak for a large majority of Halo veterans when I say there needs to be “Traditional” or “Classic” playlists without these additions or you will lose tons of core Halo multiplayer fans just like Reach. If there are ranked playlists(Which I think there will be) please we beg you, make them for the core Halo gamer who just wants to play without all the fluff and wants the most balanced and competitive Halo game as possible. I recommend emulating H2/H3 ranked settings and just make it about the Guns, grenades, melee and power items/map control, and symmetrical starts thats all we have ever wanted. I respect the amount of innovation going into Halo 4, but all these new additions will not work for the whole community/game I am sure you are aware of that and will do your best to cater to everyone. Please, dont assume I am hating on Halo 4 either just because I dont see some of the new additions as being fit for core Halo playlists, these are simply the settings I see fit as making the best possible competitve/classic Halo 4 playlist settings and many others will agree with me.

This is how I would like to see Halo 4 “Traditional” or “Ranked” game settings(Subject to change at any time as we get more info about Halo 4):

-Custom loadouts- ONLY Primary/Secondary Weapon Selections if necessary. I do not want to choose my playstyle or class in Halo this is a FPS not a RPG. I want symmetrical starts if possible, if not then only Primary/Secondary Weapon selections with default frag grenades off spawn. This will ensure the most balanced and competitive player traits as possible.

-Instant Re-spawning- This just makes no sense outside of super fast slayer gametypes. Part of competitive Halo is spawn prediction, setting up for map control, and controlled pushes. With instant respawns these key Halo elements are no longer as important. In objective gamestypes, I could exterm the whole team and be no shields grab the flag and not even make it out of the base because the other team would simply spawn instantaneously and all turn to kill me. The same kind of situation can be applied to slayer gametypes. I could take out sniper in Hut from R2 on Sanctuary and the player who died with it could instantly respawn and be there to finish me off before I retrieve the sniper. This leads to a no consequence style of play that makes for linear and chaotic game play. Player A could instantly respawn and kill Player B with no shields whom he had just lost a battle too it work never work in a competitve Halo playlist outside of maybe FFA( Maybe thats what it will be restricted too)?

-Default Sprint- I love the strategic feel of the Halo trilogy and set-ups/map movement is just not the same with sprint. Increased default movement speeds close to H2 with high jump height would be optimal. Sprint is not needed in 4v4 maps if the maps are made to scale, and works horribly on more strategical maps like Lockout, Prisoner, Countdown, and Guardian. Increased default movement speeds for all players allows us to have a variety of maps(Not just symmetrical Arena maps) and encourages different ways of playing/thinking that many of us prefer.

-Progression system- Frankie stated there will be traditional multiplayer modes where we our given access to all weapons right away so I assume this is a given. The core Halo gamer does not want to buy our weapons/abilities, we want “Two Men Enter, the Better Man Wins” Not “Two Men Enter, the More experienced Player wins”.

- Armor Abilties-- I do not know the extent of the AA selection in the game, but we DO NOT want to play with 2 AA’s(Sprint+AA) at a time in core playlists. Please, only movement enhancement AA’s in core playlists like jetpack as pick-ups as implemented in MLG settings. Dont make us go through Reach 2.0 with AA’s some of us like them, others dont. Those of us who prefer no AA’s have just as much of a right to play without them as those that prefer to play with them.

-Power items- Static power items with static timers please. I love the traditional pick-up power items like OS and Camo they are necessary for core Halo gameplay I want to see them return as pick-ups. The snipers,shotguns, rockets,other power weapons should be strategically placed in certain areas making them valuable resources. This is a vital part of any Arena FPS and having power items as pick-ups adds another dimension to the game in giving the game resources players must manage and control sort of like the Budget systems in CS/Shadowrun or the various power items found in traditional Arena FPS like Quake. Having them as loadouts is not the same, they begin to dominate the game and cause imbalance rather than create strategy and choke points on the map. I do not want to have to guess where the power items are spawning or what power item is spawning in the pods, I want traditional Halo power items with static timers so I can set up and plan my game around them. Random drop pods will never work in competitive gameplay I am sure you are aware of that.

From the little Halo 4 information we have received, The settings I describe ensure the most “Core” Halo 4 multiplayer experience and the balanced even playing field Halo is known for. If anyone would like to argue these settings for "Core(Ranked)/ Traditional Play lists please do, other wise please thank me if you agree and would like to see some playlists with these traditional Halo settings in Halo 4!

inbe4 Halo 1.5,2.5, 3.5 lol. OP I agree on the classic settings. Some of just want to play core Halo settings and not have to deal with all the fluff and Custom classes and I think we will be getting traditional game modes.

Classic Halo 4 HUD- Notice no AA, grenade slots, or sprint meters. (First pic below Cortana pics)

Default Halo 4 HUD- Notice AA slots, grenade types, radar indicators.

I think this confirms a variety of different game modes with the new additions and without them.

> inbe4 Halo 1.5,2.5, 3.5 lol. OP I agree on the classic settings. Some of just want to play core Halo settings and not have to deal with all the fluff and Custom classes and I think we will be getting traditional game modes.
>
> Classic Halo 4 HUD- Notice no AA, grenade slots, or sprint meters. (First pic below Cortana pics)
>
> Default Halo 4 HUD- Notice AA slots, grenade types, radar indicators.
>
> I think this confirms a variety of different game modes with the new additions and without them.

That very well may be true, the thing I wonder the most about is the extent of the custom loadouts in different playlists. I hope to God that first pic is BR slayer and we all spawn with the BR as our primary and dont have to guess what weapons people are spawning and have people spawning with DMR’s and plasma pistol noob combos lol. I really dont want Halo to become class-based its an Arena shooter with its own style and I like it that way.