Traded digital code for physical copy

I picked up my copy of Halo 5 collector’s edition at midnight when it came out last week and immediately went to Microsoft support to trade in my code for a physical copy. However, I was informed that they could not differentiate the collector’s code so they were not able to process my order at the time. That was the beginning of all my problems.

I contacted support first thing in the morning and was told that it was successful and that I should expect an email with my order information shortly. That email never came so I contacted support again the following day and was told that it was not processed because I failed to provide proof of purchase, despite there being no indication that one was needed and being told that my order was successfully processed. Because I was at University I did not have my receipt on me so I was given a reference number and told to contact support when I could provide proof of purchase. I get home that night and that is the first thing I do. Strangely the rep told me that they did not need it and confirmed that my order was processed but they are having problems with the emails but I should get an email within another day or so and ENSURED me that I will receive my copy before launch.

Well I wait two days and still no email. It is Friday and this point and I am getting a little concerned because the official release day is coming up fast. I contact customer support and fed the same lines. We are having problems sending out emails and you should receive it in a day or so and your copy will arrive before launch. I wait another two days and still no email, or any further information on the order other than “you will receive your copy before launch :).” Here we are and the whole world is playing Halo 5…but not me. I do not even know when I will be receiving it.

I have been a devoted fan of Halo since Combat Evolved. The Halo series is the main reason that I bought an Xbox, Xbox 360, and now the Xbox One. I have read a great number of the books, all the important ones anyways following the other Spartans who survived Reach and ending on Mortal Dictata. Nothing will sway my devotion but this experience has been very vexing. I paid $250 for the collector’s edition and while the statues are nice I am missing the main part of the entire thing. Sure there was a digital code but why would anyone think that we would want a digital code with our COLLECTOR’S EDITION! I know the outcry from the fans has been answered but I have run into so many problems trying to get my physical copy. As I am typing this I have been talking to yet another support rep for nearly 30min trying to find out anything about my order. Because obviously they cannot tell me that I will be receiving it before launch.

> 2533274824514578;1:
> I picked up my copy of Halo 5 collector’s edition at midnight when it came out last week and immediately went to Microsoft support to trade in my code for a physical copy. However, I was informed that they could not differentiate the collector’s code so they were not able to process my order at the time. That was the beginning of all my problems.
>
> I contacted support first thing in the morning and was told that it was successful and that I should expect an email with my order information shortly. That email never came so I contacted support again the following day and was told that it was not processed because I failed to provide proof of purchase, despite there being no indication that one was needed and being told that my order was successfully processed. Because I was at University I did not have my receipt on me so I was given a reference number and told to contact support when I could provide proof of purchase. I get home that night and that is the first thing I do. Strangely the rep told me that they did not need it and confirmed that my order was processed but they are having problems with the emails but I should get an email within another day or so and ENSURED me that I will receive my copy before launch.
>
> Well I wait two days and still no email. It is Friday and this point and I am getting a little concerned because the official release day is coming up fast. I contact customer support and fed the same lines. We are having problems sending out emails and you should receive it in a day or so and your copy will arrive before launch. I wait another two days and still no email, or any further information on the order other than “you will receive your copy before launch :).” Here we are and the whole world is playing Halo 5…but not me. I do not even know when I will be receiving it.
>
> I have been a devoted fan of Halo since Combat Evolved. The Halo series is the main reason that I bought an Xbox, Xbox 360, and now the Xbox One. I have read a great number of the books, all the important ones anyways following the other Spartans who survived Reach and ending on Mortal Dictata. Nothing will sway my devotion but this experience has been very vexing. I paid $250 for the collector’s edition and while the statues are nice I am missing the main part of the entire thing. Sure there was a digital code but why would anyone think that we would want a digital code with our COLLECTOR’S EDITION! I know the outcry from the fans has been answered but I have run into so many problems trying to get my physical copy. As I am typing this I have been talking to yet another support rep for nearly 30min trying to find out anything about my order. Because obviously they cannot tell me that I will be receiving it before launch.

they seemed to wait for the 27th to be delivered I got it late in launch day

Wow should have read the this forum before i used my code. I would rather have the actual disk.I bought the Xbox One Halo 5 edition it come a metal case with no disk😭just a code to download. Some info cards of the charactesr and a metal puzzle.