Trade in your games!

Hey all! I would just like to announce that I was finally able to pay off the rest of Halo: Anniversary along with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!!! I’m so stoked! What I did was, and this really helps to save you some extra money is to go to any type of store or website you prefer and just trade in some of your old games that you really don’t find yourself playing all that much anymore. I went through my games to really think about what games I don’t play anymore and for me, I went to my local game store to trade them in for store credit. I had about, say, 6 games with me and I go to trade them in and guess how much I got for store credit? About over 100 bucks! I was pretty ecstatic so I decided to use that money to pay off the rest of my 2 games and still had money left over. I recommend anyone to do this if you’re trying to save some money. If you are the kind of person that likes to keep his/her games, that is fine as well you don’t have to trade in your games. Just a thought to anyone interested!

This post isn’t trying to come off as advertising any type of game store. It’s just to give people some ideas that if they feel they are running low on money and really want to purchase Halo: Anniversary or whichever game they want, they can do so with old games that may be collecting dust.

Really because when i tried that i got ripped off…

Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.

> Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.

This, don’t trade in your games at Gamestop, you will be ripped off.

Gamestop is pretty much a ripoff when you trade in games unless you take advantage of some of their promotions. I never trade in games because I collect them but the few I hate and never should of bought in the first place get sold off using craigslist. I’d rather make another individual happy than to pad the pockets of a corporation which then profits again.

If enough people realized how much gamestop profits on trading in games and stopped doing it, gamestop would go out of business. They sure couldn’t exist in their current state with new sales alone.

NEVER trade with gamestop if you want the most money possible for traded games. Always go for eBay or something similar. You got lucky if you got $100. I traded in that many and still had to fork over money just to get 1 new game.

Lol wtf were you trading in to get $100 credit out of 6 games?

Pretty much the only games I own other than the Halos are outdated Madden and NBA 2k games, and Vice City, which I still actually play from time to time. So I don’t think that’ll work.

What is this, an ad for Gamestop?

Oh yeah if you have like that card or whatever you can get some pretty good deals when you trade in some games. The games I traded in were Saints Row, The Orange Box, LA Noire, CoD Black Ops, MW2, and FEAR 3

> > Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.
>
> This, don’t trade in your games at Gamestop, you will be ripped off.

Why would you expect to get the full value of your game? Gamestop is business, one that needs to make money.

> What is this, an ad for Gamestop?

No, sorry if I am coming off that way. It kinda makes me sound like that doesnt it? Ill re edit the post so the store isnt included in it.

> > > Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.
> >
> > This, don’t trade in your games at Gamestop, you will be ripped off.
>
> Why would you expect to get the full value of your game? Gamestop is business, one that needs to make money.

Ya but them buying it back for a dollar and reselling it for 40 isn’t very good business.

> > > > Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.
> > >
> > > This, don’t trade in your games at Gamestop, you will be ripped off.
> >
> > Why would you expect to get the full value of your game? Gamestop is business, one that needs to make money.
>
> Ya but them buying it back for a dollar and reselling it for 40 isn’t very good business.

Huh, that’s pretty low on their end but when I traded in my games, I looked at the receipt to see what 1 game got me. The highest amount I got for one of my games was $28.64, and that was just for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Was there a deal going on?

> Was there a deal going on?

Yeah now that I think about it, there was. :confused: I think it was like trade in at least 4 games and get like 10% more store credit or whatever. I couldn’t really remember.

Trade-ins are for N00bs.

Glyde transactions? You just leveled up, bro.

http://shop.destructoid.com/

> > Pretty much every game i tried to sell back they gave me a dollar for.
>
> This, don’t trade in your games at Gamestop, you will be ripped off.

You will be ripped off because they have no need for your games. They give plenty of credit for other games that are in high demand. It’s all supply and demand. Nobody wants a copy of Amped 3 or Frontlines.

> Trade-ins are for N00bs.
>
> Glyde transactions? You just leveled up, bro.
>
> http://shop.destructoid.com/

Very cool! I will have to keep that website in mind!

> > Trade-ins are for N00bs.
> >
> > Glyde transactions? You just leveled up, bro.
> >
> > http://shop.destructoid.com/
>
> Very cool! I will have to keep that website in mind!

That place is fantastic because it’s other people buying your game, and Glyde takes a little off the top. You get WAY more than you’d get with Gamestop. It’s all totally secure. I’ve done more transactions on there than I ever did trade ins, and I’ve probably gotten about 100 bucks out of it. Not credit, actual cash.

> > > Trade-ins are for N00bs.
> > >
> > > Glyde transactions? You just leveled up, bro.
> > >
> > > http://shop.destructoid.com/
> >
> > Very cool! I will have to keep that website in mind!
>
> That place is fantastic because it’s other people buying your game, and Glyde takes a little off the top. You get WAY more than you’d get with Gamestop. It’s all totally secure. I’ve done more transactions on there than I ever did trade ins, and I’ve probably gotten about 100 bucks out of it. Not credit, actual cash.

Yeah I’ll definitely check that out! Thanks for the link man!