Toxic teammates remedy suggestion

We have all run into people who will teamkill for the power weapons (like the sniper rifle) or power vehicles (like a tank). It is the absolute worst that when you retaliate against these -Yoink-, that they then make the focus of the rest of THEIR game to make you have the worst time playing as possible (ie teamkilling one or two more times without getting kicked), shooting you during a firefight, blowing up your Warthog, emp’ing your tank, etc without any repercussions.

So here’s my suggestion: If a player accumulates X amount of negative points from teamkilling/ friendly fire, the game should kick them from the match. I hope this finds it’s way into Infinite, although it would be a great addition to MCC as well.

Black Ops 2 would kick you if you TK’d 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.

> 2533274919356236;2:
> Black Ops 2 would kick you if you team killed 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.

The problem with that is though, like today someone teamkilled me once and then continued the rest of the game just causing damage to me and any other teammates metaphorically standing up to them. So they just caused chaos and ruined the entire game and we couldn’t do anything about it. We had to sit in the game for 20 minutes and take this guy’s s**t the entire time. Anyone who tk’d him, he would kick. So it’s extremely unfair to the people who just want to play the game because these people won’t let us ignore them.

> 2535432861114819;3:
> > 2533274919356236;2:
> > Black Ops 2 would kick you if you team killed 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.
>
> The problem with that is though, like today someone teamkilled me once and then continued the rest of the game just causing damage to me and any other teammates metaphorically standing up to them. So they just caused chaos and ruined the entire game and we couldn’t do anything about it. We had to sit in the game for 20 minutes and take this guy’s s**t the entire time. Anyone who tk’d him, he would kick. So it’s extremely unfair to the people who just want to play the game because these people won’t let us ignore them.

In that case, while in game, 343i should make a vote to kick for teammates only. Something like holding select to bring up the scoreboard, highlight the person of interest, and select VtK. The teammates would then get a UI message saying to hold select and click dpad left or right to Y or N. that would be the easiest solution I can think of.

> 2533274919356236;4:
> > 2535432861114819;3:
> > > 2533274919356236;2:
> > > Black Ops 2 would kick you if you team killed 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.
> >
> > The problem with that is though, like today someone teamkilled me once and then continued the rest of the game just causing damage to me and any other teammates metaphorically standing up to them. So they just caused chaos and ruined the entire game and we couldn’t do anything about it. We had to sit in the game for 20 minutes and take this guy’s s**t the entire time. Anyone who tk’d him, he would kick. So it’s extremely unfair to the people who just want to play the game because these people won’t let us ignore them.
>
> In that case, while in game, 343i should make a vote to kick for teammates only. Something like holding select to bring up the scoreboard, highlight the person of interest, and select VtK. The teammates would then get a UI message saying to hold select and click dpad left or right to Y or N. that would be the easiest solution I can think of.

I would totally support this idea, except anyone who has played Rainbow Six Siege in the last 5 years knows that the VTK option was widely abused if you were on the same team as a party of people who could kick you for no reason at all. This is actually where I came up with this negative points idea. I thought if players came up with ‘X’ number of negative points, the team could vote to kick that person out of the game. But in a BTB match, it’s going to be hard to have 6 other members of your team vote out the teamkiller/griefer. But a system like that could work in the 4v4 modes I guess.

> 2535432861114819;5:
> > 2533274919356236;4:
> > > 2535432861114819;3:
> > > > 2533274919356236;2:
> > > > Black Ops 2 would kick you if you team killed 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.
> > >
> > > The problem with that is though, like today someone teamkilled me once and then continued the rest of the game just causing damage to me and any other teammates metaphorically standing up to them. So they just caused chaos and ruined the entire game and we couldn’t do anything about it. We had to sit in the game for 20 minutes and take this guy’s s**t the entire time. Anyone who tk’d him, he would kick. So it’s extremely unfair to the people who just want to play the game because these people won’t let us ignore them.
> >
> > In that case, while in game, 343i should make a vote to kick for teammates only. Something like holding select to bring up the scoreboard, highlight the person of interest, and select VtK. The teammates would then get a UI message saying to hold select and click dpad left or right to Y or N. that would be the easiest solution I can think of.
>
> I would totally support this idea, except anyone who has played Rainbow Six Siege in the last 5 years knows that the VTK option was widely abused if you were on the same team as a party of people who could kick you for no reason at all. This is actually where I came up with this negative points idea. I thought if players came up with ‘X’ number of negative points, the team could vote to kick that person out of the game. But in a BTB match, it’s going to be hard to have 6 other members of your team vote out the teamkiller/griefer. But a system like that could work in the 4v4 modes I guess.

I hear you but im gonna play devil’s advocate, a negativity points system would be complex and would be abused by the same guy that you’re talking about by running into your bullets. Any system that’s implemented will always have abusers.

> 2533274919356236;6:
> > 2535432861114819;5:
> > > 2533274919356236;4:
> > > > 2535432861114819;3:
> > > > > 2533274919356236;2:
> > > > > Black Ops 2 would kick you if you team killed 3 times in a match. In Infinite, once their booted, it would be nice if the game would either immediately fill the lost player with an AI or with a match made spartan. Something like that would be helpful.
> > > >
> > > > The problem with that is though, like today someone teamkilled me once and then continued the rest of the game just causing damage to me and any other teammates metaphorically standing up to them. So they just caused chaos and ruined the entire game and we couldn’t do anything about it. We had to sit in the game for 20 minutes and take this guy’s s**t the entire time. Anyone who tk’d him, he would kick. So it’s extremely unfair to the people who just want to play the game because these people won’t let us ignore them.
> > >
> > > In that case, while in game, 343i should make a vote to kick for teammates only. Something like holding select to bring up the scoreboard, highlight the person of interest, and select VtK. The teammates would then get a UI message saying to hold select and click dpad left or right to Y or N. that would be the easiest solution I can think of.
> >
> > I would totally support this idea, except anyone who has played Rainbow Six Siege in the last 5 years knows that the VTK option was widely abused if you were on the same team as a party of people who could kick you for no reason at all. This is actually where I came up with this negative points idea. I thought if players came up with ‘X’ number of negative points, the team could vote to kick that person out of the game. But in a BTB match, it’s going to be hard to have 6 other members of your team vote out the teamkiller/griefer. But a system like that could work in the 4v4 modes I guess.
>
> I hear you but im gonna play devil’s advocate, a negativity points system would be complex and would be abused by the same guy that you’re talking about by running into your bullets. Any system that’s implemented will always have abusers.

You’re right. There will always be people who find ways to exploit the system.

I once got team killed by Ogre 2 in a Halo 3 MLG game because he wanted my sniper. Good times…

I do like the idea of giving them a warning. If they really want that weapon and kill you for it, well, maybe give them a good 48 hours to go into custom games to use it. If they want to keep up this behavior, just ban them. I’m up for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t pity those who get banned for their repeated nonsense.

> 2533274796540656;8:
> I once got team killed by Ogre 2 in a Halo 3 MLG game because he wanted my sniper. Good times…

I’m laughing cause that had to happen years ago, yet I would remember it too. :joy:

There should be a threshold of friendly fire damage, that when reached, brings up a prompt for the victim to enable reverse damage to the griefer. This way any harassment will be turned back on him. This also makes it so if your teammate accidentally rockets/nades you once or even twice, you can choose to forgive them and reverse damage will not be enabled.

Feel like it’d be cool if Halo took a Titanfall approach with how they deal with cheaters but make it for team killers. Once they accumulate a certain amount of team damage and kills they will only be allowed to play with other trolls. Then completely take away the ability to gain xp and progress your character any further.

> 2533274794648158;11:
> There should be a threshold of friendly fire damage, that when reached, brings up a prompt for the victim to enable reverse damage to the griefer. This way any harassment will be turned back on him. This also makes it so if your teammate accidentally rockets/nades you once or even twice, you can choose to forgive them and reverse damage will not be enabled.

This is actually a really good idea.

I hope they do something different than the “option to kick on the third” that has basically always been in Halo. I’ve posted a lot of thoughts on this over the years, but they’ve always been stating that we need a harsher solution.

Others have also suggested your negative points/damage criteria, and I think it’s the best-simplest solution too.

This is speculation… I think we might be getting no collision and no friendly fire in social, but competitive will have them enabled. I’d be fine with it, even though we’d lose some legacy shenanigans, if it means I don’t have to deal with betrayers anymore basically at all.

> 2614366390849210;14:
> I hope they do something different than the “option to kick on the third” that has basically always been in Halo. I’ve posted a lot of thoughts on this over the years, but they’ve always been stating that we need a harsher solution.
>
> Others have also suggested your negative points/damage criteria, and I think it’s the best-simplest solution too.
>
> This is speculation… I think we might be getting no collision and no friendly fire in social, but competitive will have them enabled. I’d be fine with it, even though we’d lose some legacy shenanigans, if it means I don’t have to deal with betrayers anymore basically at all.

I wouldn’t mind having no friendly fire in social playlists. But I’ll miss occasionally killing people in my party lol.

> 2535432861114819;1:
> We have all run into people who will teamkill for the power weapons (like the sniper rifle) or power vehicles (like a tank). It is the absolute worst that when you retaliate against these -Yoink-, that they then make the focus of the rest of THEIR game to make you have the worst time playing as possible (ie teamkilling one or two more times without getting kicked), shooting you during a firefight, blowing up your Warthog, emp’ing your tank, etc without any repercussions.
>
> So here’s my suggestion: If a player accumulates X amount of negative points from teamkilling/ friendly fire, the game should kick them from the match. I hope this finds it’s way into Infinite, although it would be a great addition to MCC as well.

I agree. Bonus points if you can kick them for harassment.

Having a system like H5’s Warzone betrayal booting system should be implemented into Halo Infinite for all playlists, other than that I just recommend blocking them and forget.