Torque is the worst map in Halo 5

From here on out, I solemnly swear to quit this atrocity whenever it’s selected in rotation. With the rapid two gravity hammers that spawn in, and very poor spawns this has got to be the worst map. Overgrowth used to be my #1 hated map, but now its much better now since they tweaked it. Tip: just because it’s balanced for both teams doesn’t always mean it’s fun ex; Boarding action from Halo CE.

I agree, the map not only sucks -Yoink- through a straw, but for a week is was on each of 2 maps you could play in slayer, that and riptide, which isn’t great either. The maps I like…I’m lucky if I see them once in a night. Tonight I didn’t see any of my favs.

Overgrowth is worse

> 2533274800264382;3:
> Overgrowth is worse

Yes. Far worse.

I don’t mind Torque. Not my favourite but much better than Overgrowth.

torque no longer has two gravity hammers

Is not that bad. You have to learn how to play it.

> 2533275027909909;1:
> From here on out, I solemnly swear to quit this atrocity whenever it’s selected in rotation. With the rapid two gravity hammers that spawn in, and very poor spawns this has got to be the worst map. Overgrowth used to be my #1 hated map, but now its much better now since they tweaked it. Tip: just because it’s balanced for both teams doesn’t always mean it’s fun ex; Boarding action from Halo CE.

It gets even better… are you ready for this…
They are bringing a snowy remake of the map in memories of reach!!!
( at least there is a snowy remake of torque shown in the infection trailer )

riptide is worse honestly, torque just needs some tweaks (im sorry those random pistons are stupid especially since they go way to high to clamber at times) atleast it has some sort of flow were riptide has none

Overgrowth is good for SWAT and that’s it. Torque is actually really fun for assault now with the two snipers and single energy sword. It’s a actually quite fun now.

You say that they are ugly maps without arguments , i don’t see any problem in Torque , i think it is one of the best maps in the game actually. Overgrowth is a lot worse because of respawns and level design…too much corridors and exploits to kill others from the back.

Most of the maps aren’t very good. There aren’t any instant classics IMO. I just think that 343 can’t design maps, look at H4, horrible maps.

> 2533274800264382;3:
> Overgrowth is worse

Agreed. But Torque isn’t that bad. I feel like the they have tweaked the map but it’s still a pain in the -Yoink-, It’s only good for fiesta and know thats no longer in a playlist. When it comes on a can bear it until a much better map shows up

> 2533274905541250;5:
> torque no longer has two gravity hammers

If this is true then the map actually might be playable now.

Torque is my favorite map

I used to hate it but now its ok

> 2533274891097288;15:
> I used to hate it but now its ok

yeah I agree.

> 2533274811049752;11:
> Most of the maps aren’t very good. There aren’t any instant classics IMO. I just think that 343 can’t design maps, look at H4, horrible maps.

C’mon, Haven wasn’t THAT bad. I actually like that map. I would not be opposed to seeing that return, as it was one of the only good maps in H4

> 2535460752631391;7:
> > 2533275027909909;1:
> > From here on out, I solemnly swear to quit this atrocity whenever it’s selected in rotation. With the rapid two gravity hammers that spawn in, and very poor spawns this has got to be the worst map. Overgrowth used to be my #1 hated map, but now its much better now since they tweaked it. Tip: just because it’s balanced for both teams doesn’t always mean it’s fun ex; Boarding action from Halo CE.
>
>
> It gets even better… are you ready for this…
> They are bringing a snowy remake of the map in memories of reach!!!
> ( at least there is a snowy remake of torque shown in the infection trailer )

Ok, just stop. Remixes have always played significantly different than the original. Eden plays nothing like Empire. Overgrowth plays nothing like Plaza. Riptide plays nothing like Fathom. Regret is the closest, but it still plays differently than Truth.

So even if you dislike Torque, which is an opinion, don’t judge a new map that neither you nor anyone else has played, purely based on the fact that it is similar aesthetically.

Plus, I actually like new Torque. The snipers open the map up, there are no hammers, and the hole in top mid allows for more mobility. If they fix the pistons into a fixed position, allowing for reliable mobility, it could actually be a very good map now.