Torque is a symmetrical map

This might not be important or even something to care about, but Torque just seems to be anotuer non-unique map that is just made for competitive gaming. It might look nice, but it might not just be anything special once a week into the game.

Hell, probably next month there will be a remix of Torque and make it less exciting. At least its one newly designed map.

I don’t like the looks of it. It looks way over done and cluttered. But who knows maybe it will play good.

> 2535419166122192;1:
> This might not be important or even something to care about, but Torque just seems to be anotuer non-unique map that is just made for competitive gaming. It might look nice, but it might not just be anything special once a week into the game.
> Hell, probably next month there will be a remix of Torque and make it less exciting. At least its one newly designed map.

I’m not sure why it not being symmetrical is a detriment.

There’s a lot of maps in Halo with symmetry. These in particular are quite favored in gametypes that aren’t round-based or center on kills. Considering the intention of this update, it might have been an intentional decision as well.
And if they’re following suit with their previous statements, we may actually get nothing but original maps at this juncture.

Look nice? It’s the same boring art design used on 90% of the maps in this game. It literally looks like Eden/Empire but in space. Seriously, where is the variety and unique map designs?

> 2533274826920712;3:
> > 2535419166122192;1:
> > This might not be important or even something to care about, but Torque just seems to be anotuer non-unique map that is just made for competitive gaming. It might look nice, but it might not just be anything special once a week into the game.
> > Hell, probably next month there will be a remix of Torque and make it less exciting. At least its one newly designed map.
>
>
> I’m not sure why it not being symmetrical is a detriment.
>
> There’s a lot of maps in Halo with symmetry. These in particular are quite favored in gametypes that aren’t round-based or center on kills. Considering the intention of this update, it might have been an intentional decision as well.
> And if they’re following suit with their previous statements, we may actually get nothing but original maps at this juncture.

Fans dont likr the maps because they are symmetrical and not unique to be remembered. They play well but are just boring.

Its the second new map they have done, the first being urban, that alone makes me a little excited for it.

> 2533274813764898;4:
> Look nice? It’s the same boring art design used on 90% of the maps in this game. It literally looks like Eden/Empire but in space. Seriously, where is the variety and unique map designs?

Only Empire and Eden are taken in a city. Truth is in space, Regret is on land, rig in a desert, fathom under water, riptide by a beach-side, Plaza in a poor district, overgrowth in a ruined city and Pegasus in flat plains. They dont all have the same thing. That is why Torque l****ooks nice by aesthetic. As it is the second arena map in space.

> 2535419166122192;7:
> > 2533274813764898;4:
> > Look nice? It’s the same boring art design used on 90% of the maps in this game. It literally looks like Eden/Empire but in space. Seriously, where is the variety and unique map designs?
>
>
> Only Empire and Eden are taken in a city. Truth is in space, Regret is on land, rig in a desert, fathom under water, riptide by a beach-side, Plaza in a poor district, overgrowth in a ruined city and Pegasus in flat plains. They dont all have the same thing. That is why it Looks nice by aesthetic.

Torque is the first real new arena map we have got.

> 2535419166122192;7:
> > 2533274813764898;4:
> > Look nice? It’s the same boring art design used on 90% of the maps in this game. It literally looks like Eden/Empire but in space. Seriously, where is the variety and unique map designs?
>
>
> Only Empire and Eden are taken in a city. Truth is in space, Regret is on land, rig in a desert, fathom under water, riptide by a beach-side, Plaza in a poor district, overgrowth in a ruined city and Pegasus in flat plains. They dont all have the same thing. That is why Torque l****ooks nice by aesthetic. As it is the second arena map in space.

I’m talking about the map itself, not the background. With the exception of Truth, Regret, and Coliseum, all other maps have the exact same architecture and its so uninspired.

Is it just me or does it look the the rig but remixed? Look closely it looks exactly like it

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-storm-is-coming

> 2533274963908871;10:
> Is it just me or does it look the the rig but remixed? Look closely it looks exactly like it
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-storm-is-coming

It reminds me more of the Halo 4 forge maps that took place on the space canvas.

> 2533274813764898;9:
> > 2535419166122192;7:
> > > 2533274813764898;4:
> > > Look nice? It’s the same boring art design used on 90% of the maps in this game. It literally looks like Eden/Empire but in space. Seriously, where is the variety and unique map designs?
> >
> >
> > Only Empire and Eden are taken in a city. Truth is in space, Regret is on land, rig in a desert, fathom under water, riptide by a beach-side, Plaza in a poor district, overgrowth in a ruined city and Pegasus in flat plains. They dont all have the same thing. That is why Torque l****ooks nice by aesthetic. As it is the second arena map in space.
>
>
> I’m talking about the map itself, not the background. With the exception of Truth, Regret, and Coliseum, all other maps have the exact same architecture and its so uninspired.

Well ae talk about two different pages so we cant argue with each other.

> 2533274978553590;11:
> > 2533274963908871;10:
> > Is it just me or does it look the the rig but remixed? Look closely it looks exactly like it
> >
> > https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-storm-is-coming
>
>
> It reminds me more of the Halo 4 forge maps that took place on the space canvas.

Rig is a non symmetrical map. Torque is a symmetrical map. It is just the concept art that tricks our vision.

We’ve already seen concepts of the rig remix it has a lava flow through the middle.

I really hope this plays nice because it is visually drab. Nice skybox but all the architecture is the same boring UNSC stuff in most of the other maps. As a previous poster said it could be Eden/Empire in space…or even fathom in space…

Hell this unskinned concept picture looks like much like security in Empire:

Skinned Torque:

Fathom Red Vat:

Sorry for the non links I can’t post yet but these could be the same map. Theres loads of variety in the campaign when don’t they us that as inspiration? Something on Sanghelios or some such.

I’ll have to wait and see how it plays before I complain.

Inkeep looking at the concept picture and thr final picture on the community update. To me, it seems there are two bases on either side and stairs that lead to the middle. It also has two different paths on the left and right side that leads to the enemy base.

To me, it reminds me of that one Halo 3 map “The Pit”.