Top Wants in Halo 5?

Yeah, yeah… I know it’s early. Halo 4 just came out, but I’m curious. Now that we have a feel for Halo 4 is there anything that you wish will make it into Halo 5?
Vehicles? Weapons? Campaign ideas?

More weapon skins, and possibly even a weapon skin creator for players at the highest progression level to make their own personal unique weapon skins.

I’d love to see all the weapons from Halo 4 in Halo 5 and possibly even the UNSC SMG make a comeback + it’s suppressor. I would love to see a Human Air vehicle maybe the Hornet in H5 + the Spectre from Halo 2.

UNSC flying vehicles do need to be in Halo 5. Maybe a new kind though, not a returned vehicle. But I do think that the transport warthog could be useful. It would be great to forge a large map where players had the abiltiy to move around quickly without the gameplay being unbalanced because of a machine gun/gauss turret/rocket launcher killing everyone in sight. Overall, nonthreatening vehicles are not noticed enough anymore. Sure we have the mongoose, but a larger form of transportation should be utilized.

secondary automatics would be nice: Smg, Plasma rifle, *Bishop rifle (Should be exclusive to watchers in game). A story that doesnt require being up to date on your halo lore. [looking at you diadact and librarian] Mostly return of features that reach had only improved upon. Animals in campaign, i miss them. Ideally i’d like to be attacked by alien wolves skyrim stlye on certain levels.

*youtube if you dont know what I’m talking about

> secondary automatics would be nice: Smg, Plasma rifle, *Bishop rifle (Should be exclusive to watchers in game). A story that doesnt require being up to date on your halo lore. [looking at you diadact and librarian] Mostly return of features that reach had only improved upon. Animals in campaign, i miss them. Ideally i’d like to be attacked by alien wolves skyrim stlye on certain levels.
>
>
> *youtube if you dont know what I’m talking about

A larger selection of automatic weapons would be awesome! I also agree that a story that does not require tons of knowledge on the Halo Universe would be fun. I started playing Halo with Reach and then went on to Halo 4, so I don’t know the original trilogy that well. (I’m still planning on getting Halo CE Anniversary though, and maybe the rest of the original series if they are remade.)

whats # 1 on my list ?

snicker knows

I want offline/custom online bots

maybe for infection/flood (ai on both teams)

or ai in custom multiplayer that can play games like slayer

also along with my # 1 I want a new or old playable species that would play in all game modes like the elites did in halo 2-3
(flood spartan with classic whip would be nice)

1. halo 2-3 weapons/maps/vehicles

2. duel wielding

3. make AAs not a big part of the game or have classic

mainly I just want 1-2 done and im happy
to me this would be awesome
(the perfect halo game ever!)

Great ideas! The offline AIs would be cool. If Firefight was brought back it would be awesome to set spawn points for them.

Melee combos
Automatic weapons that don’t suck (going on FOUR Halos where automatics don’t hold a candle to precisions)
Vehicles that don’t get blown up by starting weapons
More weapon skins BUT nothing ridiculous like in GoW3
Custom patterns for each armor set, not just two unique ones per set
EPIC vehicle fights, either in campain, multiplayer, or both
Firefight and Spartan Ops
A much bigger weapon sandbox that includes many “redundant” weapons like the SMG, MA5K, different Magnum models, etc. (Hey, there’s the BR and DMR which essentially occupy the same role of UNSC precision weapon, why not multiple USNC automatics and sidearms?)
Custom game searching, or a User-created Maps playlist like in Farcry 3
Promethean vehicles?

I like your idea about having multiple weapons that have a similar purpose. Seems like that could lead to a lot of creativity when it came to customizing our Spartans. At the moment it seems like a lot of players have one starting weapon of choice, but with a wide variety of weapons with similar pros and cons players could find a weapon of choice in each group of artillary.

By the way, I really like your armor. What stance is that and how did you get it?

> I like your idea about having multiple weapons that have a similar purpose. Seems like that could lead to a lot of creativity when it came to customizing our Spartans. At the moment it seems like a lot of players have one starting weapon of choice, but with a wide variety of weapons with similar pros and cons players could find a weapon of choice in each group of artillary.
>
> By the way, I really like your armor. What stance is that and how did you get it?

Ranger armor with the special skin (forgot what it was called) and the Warrior helmet. Stance is Breach for getting UNSC Ordnance Mastery.

This was the first Topic that I’ve ever made, and I am very grateful for the interesting ideas you’ve all posted. I do have list of things I’d like to see in Halo 5.

Transport/Civilian Vehicles - Suprisingly, this is on the top of my wish-list. I wouldn’t expect it to be very hard to put a Transport Warthog in the Campaign or Forge. (Wouldn’t really work in War Games) I want players to have to ability to move around maps at high speeds and still have players on foot to not get slaughtered by the vehicle passing by. Transport Warthogs would be fun in Infection so the infected don’t get repeatedly murdered with a turret, but survivers could still move around a large map in a group of about 4 people.

Firefight Fixes - Firefight needs to make a return, but with forgable maps and the ability to choose where enemies spawn.

Air Vehicles - Falcon should return with a gun for the driver (it can be weak) as well as a seperate Falcon for transport where 2 or 3 players can sit in the back and shoot the weapons they’re holding.

Hunter Assassination - No, no… Not an assassination that will kill a Hunter in one strike, but an ability to plant a grenade if you’re lucky enough to get behind a Hunter which will reduce its health, but not kill it.

Promethean Vehicle(s) - A vehicle that follows similar Forerunner characteristics. Pieces could be floating off the vehicle itself. Possibly ghost-like.

Playable Covenant/Promethean Campaign - It doesn’t have to be a full length campaign, but just a small sidestory to get a view of the enemy’s focus.

These are just a few ideas that I think are realistic if 343 really felt like putting them in. I’ll post more ideas later on.

> > I like your idea about having multiple weapons that have a similar purpose. Seems like that could lead to a lot of creativity when it came to customizing our Spartans. At the moment it seems like a lot of players have one starting weapon of choice, but with a wide variety of weapons with similar pros and cons players could find a weapon of choice in each group of artillary.
> >
> > By the way, I really like your armor. What stance is that and how did you get it?
>
> Ranger armor with the special skin (forgot what it was called) and the Warrior helmet. Stance is Breach for getting UNSC Ordnance Mastery.

Sweet! Thanks, that stance is the coolest I’ve ever seen! Unfortunately, I’m not even close to getting the Ordnance Mastery…

I would like to see some sort of incredibly awesome visors that would be really hard to get. I remember seeing funny visors in Red vs Blue such as a smiley face and shark teeth. Things like that would be sick!

Like This

> I would like to see some sort of incredibly awesome visors that would be really hard to get. I remember seeing funny visors in Red vs Blue such as a smiley face and shark teeth. Things like that would be sick!
>
> Like This

Yeah, visors with a design seems very neat. It reminds me of Emile’s helmet from Reach. The teeth on the visor would be awesome!

I had another idea that could change Halo in a big way. The Halo games have not started to utilize water nearly enough. It’s a joke when a Spartan touches water and instantly dies. Spartans should be able to swim! This would expand the Halo Universe because water has been ingored ever since the start. This would be a whole new environment not yet explored in Halo games. Going underwater would be even cooler! Just imagine jumping into a lake to avoid a Scorpion only to discover that the enemy was traveling under the surface of the water to attempt a suprise attack! If swimming is not possible in Halo 5, then I think that a small boat (about the size of a warthog, not a huge battleship) should be added. High speed chases in an ocean would be fun, especially races.

> I had another idea that could change Halo in a big way. The Halo games have not started to utilize water nearly enough. It’s a joke when a Spartan touches water and instantly dies. Spartans should be able to swim! This would expand the Halo Universe because water has been ingored ever since the start. This would be a whole new environment not yet explored in Halo games. <mark>Going underwater would be even cooler!</mark> Just imagine jumping into a lake to avoid a Scorpion only to discover that the enemy was traveling under the surface of the water to attempt a suprise attack! If swimming is not possible in Halo 5, then I think that a small boat (about the size of a warthog, not a huge battleship) should be added. High speed chases in an ocean would be fun, especially races.

we can go under water in halo reach forge world though I wish we could go lower
and boats would be cool !

> > I had another idea that could change Halo in a big way. The Halo games have not started to utilize water nearly enough. It’s a joke when a Spartan touches water and instantly dies. Spartans should be able to swim! This would expand the Halo Universe because water has been ingored ever since the start. This would be a whole new environment not yet explored in Halo games. <mark>Going underwater would be even cooler!</mark> Just imagine jumping into a lake to avoid a Scorpion only to discover that the enemy was traveling under the surface of the water to attempt a suprise attack! If swimming is not possible in Halo 5, then I think that a small boat (about the size of a warthog, not a huge battleship) should be added. High speed chases in an ocean would be fun, especially races.
>
> we can go under water in halo reach forge world though I wish we could go lower
> and boats would be cool !

By going underwater I was thinking of an actual swimming animation, not just standing under the water. Imagine a zero gravity environment and depending on where the player aimed the Spartan could swim.

What I would like to see for H5 is:

• Elites
  • “Flood” mode (not what replaced infection)
  • Firefight
  • Dual wielding
  • More transportable vehicles ( e.g. phantoms, pelicans, hornets/ falcons, revanent/ spectre, and new Forerunner vehicles
  • AA available to all
  • More melee weapons ( for cqc games/ Grifball)
  • More custom game options, such as removing pistol/flag combo, and zombie or flood
  • All of the game types removed in H4 back (headhunter, invasion, ASSAULT, and race
  • A better descriptive campaign that anyone can play and understand
  • More visors IMO
  • restore some or most Halo emblems (probably most)
  • underwater levels (Forge)
  • Another covenant/ Promethean enemy.
  • More Didact, less squawking Del Rio
  • Halo Ops (elite/ spartan chapters)
  • ODS Steve (just kidding) ODSTs
  • some of the vehicles from Halo Wars implemented into H5, such as the locust and the cobra
  • Scarab (you can make a forge/slayer map easily by riding one,in the sea, the sky and outer space!!!)
  • More indigenous creatures similar to Far Cry 3
  • UNSC/ Covenant troops deployable as an optional ordinance (Firefight; optional)
  • More super combine weapons
  • Better theater mode
  • More weapon skins
  • Balance playlist between ranked and matchmaking(?) let randomness & load outs and arena style & balanced gameplay are separated in two
  • Some engagement against the Flood (little of a menace but will arise in H6)

Clans!

> What I would like to see for H5 is: …

Wow! There are a lot of ideas here that I did not even think of! To be able to call in drop pods for assistance seems like a great idea for Firefight since the Covenant do did it all the time in Reach. I also like the idea of more types of melee weapons, but what would they be?