Top ten worst game endings

Halo 2 was ranked number 2… by these people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUw1aluEDo go to 4:40 in video.

Where do you think it should have been ranked?

I think the ending was rushed and wasn’t very climatic or well done… So Halo 2’s ending is probably in the right position on the list.

I’ve always been about the journey rather than the destination, and I have to disagree with a lot of the choices in that list, most notably Halo 2. I enjoyed how it ended, and could not wait to finished the story in Halo 3.

H2’s ending is so much more customizable than CE or H3:

-AI can appear in it even at last stages
-Hunters always appear in it
-vehicles can appear it even at late stages (i.e. when the scene changes to the outside of the control room)
-Tartarus’ corpse can appear in it

I just wish there were some easter eggs like:

-Elites strolling around (doing their badass walking animation)
-Elites teabagging either the floor or Tartarus

My only problem with H2’s ending:

-too much screen time for Commander Keyes. This made it inconvenient when I was trying to get AI in it. Only the heads of the Hunters appeared and you can barely make out AI in the Spectre.

Plus, focus should mainly be on Arbiter like it has been for majority of Arbiter missions. Arby appears at the very end with a few lines. I was disappointed.

I kind of like cliffhangers, they get me pumped for the next game.

Tao Freak, i completely agree with u on the journey is more important than the end. and that is especially true in video games.

> Tao Freak, i completely agree with u on the journey is more important than the end. and that is especially true in video games.

Amen to that!

Hold on, it only made number 2 on that list? I’m disappointed.

I had no problem with it, I actually enjoyed it.

It has got to be one of the biggest setups I’ve seen in a video game. Still like Toa Freak said, I prefer the journey to the destination.

> Ending good and bad.
>
> Good:
>
> -AI can appear in it even at last stages
> -Hunters always appear in it
> -vehicles can appear it even at late stages (i.e. when the scene changes to the outside of the control room)
> -Tartarus’ corpse can appear in it
>
> Bad:
>
> -anti-climatic. It’d be nice to see Elites strolling around (doing their boss walking animation)
> -lack of teabagging (Jk)
> -too much screen time for Keyes. Focus should mainly be on Arbiter like it has been for majority of Arbiter levels. Johnson’s tolerable

that wasn’t keys

The ending doesnt really matter anymore, wake up, its 2012 halo 3 is already half a decade old, master chief went right in and finished the fight

Eh the poster above me is right. The ending doesn’t really matter.

Updated my previous post btw.

> > Ending good and bad.
> >
> > Good:
> >
> > -AI can appear in it even at last stages
> > -Hunters always appear in it
> > -vehicles can appear it even at late stages (i.e. when the scene changes to the outside of the control room)
> > -Tartarus’ corpse can appear in it
> >
> > Bad:
> >
> > -anti-climatic. It’d be nice to see Elites strolling around (doing their boss walking animation)
> > -lack of teabagging (Jk)
> > -too much screen time for Keyes. Focus should mainly be on Arbiter like it has been for majority of Arbiter levels. Johnson’s tolerable
>
> that wasn’t keys

I was referring to Miranda.

I loved halo 2’s ending. It actually drove you to play the next game. And rather than answering all your questions, it simply left more to be asked, and more room for greater story for the next game.

I liked it.

I thought Halo 2’s ending was okay. I was thrilled about it, but I know what Bungie was doing with it. I just wasn’t thrilled with it.