Top 5 Halo Missions

i have been playing halo since 2002 and I have played every game at launch. However in this list I will not be including the Halo Wars and the Mobile Games.

  1. Silent Cartographer - Endless Replay Value and Open Sandbox Mission

  2. Two Betrayals - Crazy Banshee Fights and Intense Covenant vs Flood encounters

  3. The Ark - Super Cool Scarab Fight and Interesting Valleys and hills.

  4. Gravemind - In the Middle of the covenant civil war, fight you way through high charity. Hardest mission in the franchise and also one of the best.

Honorable Mention - Reclaimer ( Beautiful mission and a blast to play )

  1. The Covenant - Two Scarabs and Hornet Sequences… Nuff said.

Notice No halo 5 missions. 343 improve your sandbox and go back to the more open mission design!!!

Sanghelios was gorgeous but I agree with you their was no WOW mission in halo 5. 343 definitely need to work on their missions.

> 2535447915516912;2:
> Sanghelios was gorgeous but I agree with you their was no WOW mission in halo 5. 343 definitely need to work on their missions.

Look at my most recent post. It talks about what I think 343 needs to do to fix halos campaigns.

I loved 343 guilty spark from Halo CE.
It completely threw a curve ball at me and introduced a brand new set of enemies.

Loved uprising from Halo 2.
Playing as the Arbiter leading my squad against the brutes.

Halo 5 had 1 standout mission to me, and that mission is battle of sunaion. Every single halo 4 mission except for composer suck

I loved the final mission of Halo 3, especially playing co-op.

“Cortana” was quite amazing. Never have I enjoyed anything as much as that mission.

/s

> 2533275009809302;5:
> Halo 5 had 1 standout mission to me, and that mission is battle of sunaion. Every single halo 4 mission except for composer suck

I encourage you to play halo 4s campaign again. Truly remarkable imo

My least favorite mission in H5 is the the wait for your reqs to load mission. I always enjoyed Assault on the control room.

It’s so hard to pick top 5 missions. Mostly because for me, most of them honestly come from Halo ce. As I started writing this, just thinking about the original campaign, every mission was a masterpiece in its own right.

> 2614366390849210;10:
> It’s so hard to pick top 5 missions. Mostly because for me, most of them honestly come from Halo ce. As I started writing this, just thinking about the original campaign, every mission was a masterpiece in its own right.

Agree

This will be a difficult list to make, most of them are from Halo 3 for me but there are other games in there too.

5 - Mombasa Streets - this has been placed at number 5 and not higher since it is not really a level as there is no specific objective and it can be played infinitely but I really love this level with the way it has the night-time and alone atmosphere. I also really love ODST and I think this is the best level to represent it.

4 - The Storm - I don’t really know why I picked this level, maybe just because I have played it a lot of times and I don’t get bored of it with the different sections and all the different parts there are to the level.

3 - Tip of the Spear - this is probably my favourite level from Halo Reach as it has the warthog driving to destroy the anti-air cannons followed by the big spire section which I still find awesome every time I play it.

2 - Halo - this is a very close runner-up as I love this level so much and we all know why. I don’t know how many times I have played the last half of that mission but it never gets old. I remember playing it for the first time and being absolutely amazed.

Honourable mention - I had to give the final mission ‘Midnight’ from Halo 4 a mention as I love the graphics in that level and the Broadsword section. The main part for me is going into the man-cannon before the level opens up to reveal the beautiful space landscape.

1 - The Covenant - same as OP here, the towers, the two Hornet sections and the double Scarab fight before kicking the -Yoink- out of the Prophet of Truth, what more could you ever want.

> 2533274833569045;4:
> I loved 343 guilty spark from Halo CE.
> It completely threw a curve ball at me and introduced a brand new set of enemies.
>
> Loved uprising from Halo 2.
> Playing as the Arbiter leading my squad against the brutes.

343 Guilty Spark scared me out of my friggin’ mind! I had a panic attack when I realized there were no shotguns on Legendary!

Uprising is one of my favorite Halo missions. It was one of the missions with no goals whatsoever, and it had a “Now it’s Personal!” vibe all through to the end!

Top 5 Halo Missions, Three from each:

  • Keyes - Tip of the Spear - Delta Halo - The Covenant - Midnight

> 2533274860927598;8:
> > 2533275009809302;5:
> > Halo 5 had 1 standout mission to me, and that mission is battle of sunaion. Every single halo 4 mission except for composer suck
>
>
> I encourage you to play halo 4s campaign again. Truly remarkable imo

The story for Halo 4 is great, I just personally really dislike the level design in it

> 2535447915516912;2:
> Sanghelios was gorgeous but I agree with you their was no WOW mission in halo 5. 343 definitely need to work on their missions.

Agreed. Before release, an IGN correspondent got to play the campaign early, and mentioned there was a wow part of a mission, so leading up to release I was so pumped for this moment.

WARNING SPOILER// Turned out he was referring to falling down the guardian when Osiris hits genesis… Which was pretty underwhelming IMO.

The most memorable part of H5 campaign for me was the 2nd to last mission, where Blue Team is racing up to get to Cortana. There’s a part where the original Halo theme is playing and you’re just tearing through promethians. It felt awesome. But in retrospect, it was probably only because of the music!! That’s what made the moment so special. Looking back, nothing in the campaign made me go Wow. Some moments got very close though… just so close.

> 2533274806055932;16:
> > 2535447915516912;2:
> > Sanghelios was gorgeous but I agree with you their was no WOW mission in halo 5. 343 definitely need to work on their missions.
>
>
> Agreed. Before release, an IGN correspondent got to play the campaign early, and mentioned there was a wow part of a mission, so leading up to release I was so pumped for this moment.
>
> WARNING SPOILER// Turned out he was referring to falling down the guardian when Osiris hits genesis… Which was pretty underwhelming IMO.
>
> The most memorable part of H5 campaign for me was the 2nd to last mission, where Blue Team is racing up to get to Cortana. There’s a part where the original Halo theme is playing and you’re just tearing through promethians. It felt awesome. But in retrospect, it was probably only because of the music!! That’s what made the moment so special. Looking back, nothing in the campaign made me go Wow. Some moments got very close though… just so close.

Yea the mission itself is terrible but thanks to “the trials” playing the background that mission is actually great lol

> 2533274860927598;1:
> i have been playing halo since 2002 and I have played every game at launch. However in this list I will not be including the Halo Wars and the Mobile Games.
>
> 5) Silent Cartographer - Endless Replay Value and Open Sandbox Mission
>
> 4) Two Betrayals - Crazy Banshee Fights and Intense Covenant vs Flood encounters
>
> 3) The Ark - Super Cool Scarab Fight and Interesting Valleys and hills.
>
> 2) Gravemind - In the Middle of the covenant civil war, fight you way through high charity. Hardest mission in the franchise and also one of the best.
>
> Honorable Mention - Reclaimer ( Beautiful mission and a blast to play )
>
> 1) The Covenant - Two Scarabs and Hornet Sequences… Nuff said.
>
> Notice No halo 5 missions. 343 improve your sandbox and go back to the more open mission design!!!

Love the post OP :slight_smile:

personally i love Outskirts from Halo 2. It was so fun to go through the city, find fun ways to get on roof tops. I spent so much time playing that map.

> 2533275009809302;15:
> > 2533274860927598;8:
> > > 2533275009809302;5:
> > > Halo 5 had 1 standout mission to me, and that mission is battle of sunaion. Every single halo 4 mission except for composer suck
> >
> >
> > I encourage you to play halo 4s campaign again. Truly remarkable imo
>
>
> The story for Halo 4 is great, I just personally really dislike the level design in it

I found the level design to be fantastic. Just the goofy abilities that pissed me off.

> 2533274806055932;18:
> > 2533274860927598;1:
> > i have been playing halo since 2002 and I have played every game at launch. However in this list I will not be including the Halo Wars and the Mobile Games.
> >
> > 5) Silent Cartographer - Endless Replay Value and Open Sandbox Mission
> >
> > 4) Two Betrayals - Crazy Banshee Fights and Intense Covenant vs Flood encounters
> >
> > 3) The Ark - Super Cool Scarab Fight and Interesting Valleys and hills.
> >
> > 2) Gravemind - In the Middle of the covenant civil war, fight you way through high charity. Hardest mission in the franchise and also one of the best.
> >
> > Honorable Mention - Reclaimer ( Beautiful mission and a blast to play )
> >
> > 1) The Covenant - Two Scarabs and Hornet Sequences… Nuff said.
> >
> > Notice No halo 5 missions. 343 improve your sandbox and go back to the more open mission design!!!
>
>
> Love the post OP :slight_smile:
>
> personally i love Outskirts from Halo 2. It was so fun to go through the city, find fun ways to get on roof tops. I spent so much time playing that map.

Outskirts is up there :wink: