Top 5 Halo 5 weapons that need to be nerfed

1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
  2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
  3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
  4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
  5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.

Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.

The only thing 343 nerfed was the Battle rifles when they added sights and blades to them and I’m sorry but I don’t think 343 would nerfed these even if a lot of people don’t like them.

Yeah I’m sorry to say this but I don’t think 343 will make weapon balance updates since the last one was a while ago

I agree with your first pick. Here’s my list:

1. The Answer, we all know about this one…
  2. Blaze of Glory, this thing has WAY too much range!
  3. Beam Rifle Delta, must I say more?
  4. Whispered Truth, super strong projectiles kill enemy spartans in 2 shots to the head (6 projectiles total)
  5. Jorge’s Chaingun, Damage Boost and Speed Boost AND Health buff with crazy powerful turret. Anymore I need to say?

Honestly, probably none. Some could use some slight buffs IMO, but really a REQ value tweak may be more appropriate than any potential performance nerfing for some of the weapons which are viewed as maybe being too powerful for their REQ cost.

Let us not forget that Power Weapons ought to be somewhat powerful within the sandbox.

Wait, but all the weapons mentioned were meant to be overpowered…

I just realized how much this sounds like a YouTube clickbait video

> 2535422817021596;1:
> 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
>
> Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.

Wait which Beam Rifle type?

Halo 4/5 ones arent as much of an issue for me as the Halo 2 ones brought in. Beam Rifle Delta is kinda… the worst thing since having your house burned down.

Tartarus’ Gavel is pretty braindead to use though but at least it doesnt grand invisibility like the Prophets Bane plus everyone thirsts over the Gavel a tonne.

Totally understand the other options though.

> 2535465841210047;8:
> > 2535422817021596;1:
> > 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> > 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> > 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> > 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> > 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
> >
> > Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.
>
> Wait which Beam Rifle type?
>
> Halo 4/5 ones arent as much of an issue for me as the Halo 2 ones brought in. Beam Rifle Delta is kinda… the worst thing since having your house burned down.
>
> Tartarus’ Gavel is pretty braindead to use though but at least it doesnt grand invisibility like the Prophets Bane plus everyone thirsts over the Gavel a tonne.
>
> Totally understand the other options though.

Delta

> 2535422817021596;9:
> > 2535465841210047;8:
> > > 2535422817021596;1:
> > > 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> > > 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> > > 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> > > 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> > > 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
> > >
> > > Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.
> >
> > Wait which Beam Rifle type?
> >
> > Halo 4/5 ones arent as much of an issue for me as the Halo 2 ones brought in. Beam Rifle Delta is kinda… the worst thing since having your house burned down.
> >
> > Tartarus’ Gavel is pretty braindead to use though but at least it doesnt grand invisibility like the Prophets Bane plus everyone thirsts over the Gavel a tonne.
> >
> > Totally understand the other options though.
>
> Delta

Oh yeah Delta can burn in the deepest depths of hell.

> 2535465841210047;10:
> > 2535422817021596;9:
> > > 2535465841210047;8:
> > > > 2535422817021596;1:
> > > > 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> > > > 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> > > > 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> > > > 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> > > > 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
> > > >
> > > > Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.
> > >
> > > Wait which Beam Rifle type?
> > >
> > > Halo 4/5 ones arent as much of an issue for me as the Halo 2 ones brought in. Beam Rifle Delta is kinda… the worst thing since having your house burned down.
> > >
> > > Tartarus’ Gavel is pretty braindead to use though but at least it doesnt grand invisibility like the Prophets Bane plus everyone thirsts over the Gavel a tonne.
> > >
> > > Totally understand the other options though.
> >
> > Delta
>
> Oh yeah Delta can burn in the deepest depths of hell.

I can’t count how many airborne snapshots I’ve tried to get with it and failed. It makes you think you can get those easy!

> 2535422817021596;11:
> > 2535465841210047;10:
> > > 2535422817021596;9:
> > > > 2535465841210047;8:
> > > > > 2535422817021596;1:
> > > > > 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> > > > > 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> > > > > 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> > > > > 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> > > > > 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.
> > > >
> > > > Wait which Beam Rifle type?
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4/5 ones arent as much of an issue for me as the Halo 2 ones brought in. Beam Rifle Delta is kinda… the worst thing since having your house burned down.
> > > >
> > > > Tartarus’ Gavel is pretty braindead to use though but at least it doesnt grand invisibility like the Prophets Bane plus everyone thirsts over the Gavel a tonne.
> > > >
> > > > Totally understand the other options though.
> > >
> > > Delta
> >
> > Oh yeah Delta can burn in the deepest depths of hell.
>
> I can’t count how many airborne snapshots I’ve tried to get with it and failed. It makes you think you can get those easy!

Oh I dont even try to hit people unscoped unless its super close range near a chokepoint.

Husky Raid makes it even worse because Husky Raid maps are glorified chokepoints disguised as CtF maps.

Pretty much all of those weapons are fine were they are. The Answer and Prohpets bane combo is strong sure, but if you’re playing with literally one other friend I’ve kited one into being the distraction and the other just shoots him in the head. I rarely ever see some of those in WZ, and if your problems are stemming from super fiesta, well, the gamemode is just for fun, it’s not exactly competitive.

Besides, after all the weapon tuning updates 343 has clearly proven that they can comission soundtracks a million times better than they can balance weapons. (BR Nerf, AR/SMG Nerf, making the magnum the only viable gun in Arena, etc…)

> 2535422817021596;1:
> 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
>
> Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.

REQs are purposely designed to be overpowered so that people are more inclined to spend money to get them.

Nordfang still ranks at my #1 for most overpowered weapon.

> 2535422817021596;1:
>

I’d say

• Whiplash - Answerall the other ones are fine

> 2535461097114890;14:
> > 2535422817021596;1:
> > 1. The Answer. This thing is kinda broken, due to the fact that it’s literally a SAW that shoots exploding bullets.
> > 2. Tartarus’s Gavel. This thing, I don’t think I even need to say anything about it’s range.
> > 3. Beam rifle. In my eyes, this thing is literally a gift from the gods when I’m playing super fiesta CTF.
> > 4. Blaze of Glory. It’s a shotgun that encourages you to shoot from afar. Need I say more?
> > 5. Prophet’s Bane. 343, please make it so that your much slower when your in stealth mode. I can’t tell you how much I’ve died to this thing.
> >
> > Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer.
>
> REQs are purposely designed to be overpowered so that people are more inclined to spend money to get them.
>
> Nordfang still ranks at my #1 for most overpowered weapon.

Yeah, I forgot about nornfang

Here’s the updated list: (no longer weapons that need to be nerfed)

• The answer - Needler - NornFang - Tartarus’s gavel - High Five - Scourge of fire - Beam Rifle Delta - Vorpal Talon - Prophets Bane - Blaze of Glory

> 2535422817021596;1:
>
> Now that I think about it, this was more a list of my favorite weapons rather than one of weapons that need to be nerfed. Well, maybe The Answer. weapons you mentioned where intended for warzone play where they are more balanced.

I dont think the weapons need to be nerfed ar all. These patches are what ruins the halo sandbox. Just look at the BR. The right thing to do would be to incorporate more balancing control over individual weapons within the game itself. Although it is too late for Halo 5 it’s not too late for infinite.

Based on the way you are working thinks I’m gonna assume you are playing fiesta. Which is a small step up from an action sack game type.
In this mode I’ll agree that some of the weapons, especially the answer is over powered.

I made a post a couple weeks back about being able to manipulate the gametype structure in general using forge tools along with the current gametype menu. You should check that out. But in the short run of how it applies to your question. Being able to change the fiesta gametype (or any gametype) to allow banning individual weapons. In fiesta adjusting the odds of spawning with each weapon individually such as 1% for the answer. 0% would be the weapon is banned. Adjusting ammo counts. Adjusting weather you spawn with two randoms or just one with a unified or random utility weapon and weather or not the primary could also be a utility weapon or forced to be a tiered fire arm.

Again my gametype manipulation post goes into greater depth on how it would work in conjunction with forge to create unlimited gametypes to compliment the ability to create unlimited map design the forge offers.