Top 200 best players or longest been playing?

I’ve seen the Top 200, which I really like but at the same time I kinda got to point out something. Most of the top players were players that didn’t really do good in Team Slayer in my opinion.

For example, I’ve beaten 3 times (if I remember correctly) the Top 7 player “TEXICANOS” and somehow I’m still 26? Hmmmm, either something is going on with the games that you win 20 games in a row and you don’t go up or I’m missing something.

I play with a team where everyone has almost equal CSR. Which in this case we should have similar/higher CSR than us. Which in our case it happens pretty often. But everytime we win, the CSR is updated after 6 games in a row, by 1 or 2.

Which it brings, CSR represents how good you are? or how long you’ve been playing?

Not that I’m pro or something like that, just wondering. Its supposed to be a Win/Lose CSR, and well… it seems people who lost against me and my team are in Top 10.

Great job to all the people who got Top 200! :slight_smile:

I think team based CSR represents how much you win.

Naturally the player who plays more will rank up faster. But in order to rank up faster you must win against better players. The game doesn’t consider the win to be impressive unless against players of a decent CSR which can make for a very slow progression system with such a low population and bad matching system. It took me maybe 100 games of consistently finishing first in SWAT getting 25-40 kills per game before I hit my 50 (it may be an individual playlist however the CSR system takes into account the opponents CSRs in team based games also).

Texicanos is a very good player and deserves the rank he has. The more you play the more you will rank up (assuming your winning) just don’t expect to be top 200 in a matter of games.

> I think team based CSR represents how much you win.

It does, you can go out there, bust your -Yoink-, game after game, but if your team loses, you go down.

CSR is a progression system in the sense that someone might be at the skill level of a 50, but he doesn’t go from 1-50 in one game. It requires tons of wins to do so.

Texicanos is a very good player and deserves the rank he has. The more you play the more you will rank up (assuming your winning) just don’t expect to be top 200 in a matter of games.
[/quote]
That can be very debatable.

But ok, no problem. Waiting for next week! :slight_smile:

> > I think team based CSR represents how much you win.
>
> It does, you can go out there, bust your -Yoink!-, game after game, but if your team loses, you go down.

Really? That doesn’t seem fair to me… then again, I don’t really understand how CSR truly works in the first place, so I guess I can’t really say anything. Still, seems a bit odd. Does it take into account how well you did, even if your team loses?

> Really? That doesn’t seem fair to me… then again, I don’t really understand how CSR truly works in the first place, so I guess I can’t really say anything. Still, seems a bit odd. Does it take into account how well you did, even if your team loses?

Detailed explanation of CSR

There are two types of CSR: individual and team. Team-based CSR rates players based on whether they were on the winning or losing team regardless of how many points they had (Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Dominion). Individual CSR rates players based on how many points they had, regardless of whether they were on the winning or losing team (Rumble Pit, Team SWAT, Team Snipers).

> > Really? That doesn’t seem fair to me… then again, I don’t really understand how CSR truly works in the first place, so I guess I can’t really say anything. Still, seems a bit odd. Does it take into account how well you did, even if your team loses?
>
> Detailed explanation of CSR
>
> There are two types of CSR: individual and team. Team-based CSR rates players based on whether they were on the winning or losing team regardless of how many points they had (Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Dominion). Individual CSR rates players based on how many points they had, regardless of whether they were on the winning or losing team (Rumble Pit, Team SWAT, Team Snipers).

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hmm… yeah I can see why they made team CSR as it is. Personally though I think it can still be improved upon somehow.

> Texicanos is a very good player and deserves the rank he has. The more you play the more you will rank up (assuming your winning) just don’t expect to be top 200 in a matter of games.

That can be very debatable.

But ok, no problem. Waiting for next week! :slight_smile:

[/quote]
He is a better player than you or the people you were playing with by a long way. According to B5 you are pretty abysmal, and in all fairness to B5, Texi is probably a better player than him.

Funny that you are actually impressed at beating someone who had at least 2 random players on his team.

> Which it brings, CSR represents <mark>how good you are? or how long you’ve been playing?</mark>
>
> Not that I’m pro or something like that, just wondering. Its supposed to be a Win/Lose CSR, and well… it seems people who lost against me and my team are in Top 10.
>
> Great job to all the people who got Top 200! :slight_smile:

None of the above.

Halo 4 CSR is an absolute joke. You can just go back to lobby if the enemies are to good for you. Like one of the top three players. He was backing out against me and team 3 times in a row.

In all honesty I don’t trust CSR as a way of ranking people in any kind of top players list - particularly if issues such as the sign out glitch are still around. But regardless Shadow good luck getting into the top 10 next week!