Tools

Shouldn’t there be some kind of phasing tool that allows us to carve into rock faces and buildings? I’d also like to build underground also. Not only that it seems as though there were hardly any trees, shrubs or foliage featured on Ravine. I was wondering if we the players could break forge objects down even further and cut them in specific ways that 343 could implement.

We would need a better forging system to do such. Cough Map editor Cough

All the terrain is hollow, you couldn’t really dig into anything… That would take a lot of changes to how they even make maps to do that

> All the terrain is hollow, you couldn’t really dig into anything… That would take a lot of changes to how they even make maps to do that

Would this however be possible with forge objects?

I doubt a map editor will ever be implimented in halo. The scale of something like that would be huge and take away from other aspects of the game. Sorry, but diging to make maps and carving out objects will probably remain a dream. Good idea tho

> We would need a better forging system to do such. Cough Map editor Cough

Yeah, Halo is definitely overdue for a real map creator. Forge just doesn’t cut it any more.

> Would this however be possible with forge objects?

If we had a wider variety of Forge objects we could pull it off without resorting to terrain editing. I guess we’ll see in November.

[deleted]

> I doubt a map editor will ever be implimented in halo. The scale of something like that would be huge and take away from other aspects of the game. Sorry, but diging to make maps and carving out objects will probably remain a dream. Good idea tho

They managed it in Far Cry and Far Cry 2. There’s no reason they can’t do it, they just don’t want to.

> We would need a better forging system to do such. Cough Map editor Cough

Maybe that for next gen? Halo 5 Forge Creator?

> > I doubt a map editor will ever be implimented in halo. The scale of something like that would be huge and take away from other aspects of the game. Sorry, but diging to make maps and carving out objects will probably remain a dream. Good idea tho
>
> They managed it in Far Cry and Far Cry 2. There’s no reason they can’t do it, they just don’t want to.

This. FC2 had a SURPRISINGLY good map editor for the console.

> > We would need a better forging system to do such. Cough Map editor Cough
>
> Yeah, Halo is definitely overdue for a real map creator. Forge just doesn’t cut it any more.
>
>
>
> > Would this however be possible with forge objects?
>
> If we had a wider variety of Forge objects we could pull it off without resorting to terrain editing. I guess we’ll see in November.

I agree.

> > > We would need a better forging system to do such. Cough Map editor Cough
> >
> > Yeah, Halo is definitely overdue for a real map creator. Forge just doesn’t cut it any more.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Would this however be possible with forge objects?
> >
> > If we had a wider variety of Forge objects we could pull it off without resorting to terrain editing. I guess we’ll see in November.
>
> I agree.

Sounds like a good plan forging from the ground up.

> > > I doubt a map editor will ever be implimented in halo. The scale of something like that would be huge and take away from other aspects of the game. Sorry, but diging to make maps and carving out objects will probably remain a dream. Good idea tho
> >
> > They managed it in Far Cry and Far Cry 2. There’s no reason they can’t do it, they just don’t want to.
>
> This. FC2 had a SURPRISINGLY good map editor for the console.

I loved making maps on FC2 it was simple and pretty fun.