Too much like halo 5

I was either hoping for something completely fresh or something more classic, but there seems to be hardly any changes at all to how your spartan feels. The sandbox is new and thrusters are gone, but that’s all that really changed. It’s a halo 5 spartan with a grapple hook and no thrust. I’m disappointed. Sprinting looked like it does in H5, there’s clamber, slide, smart scope (hopefully there isn’t bonuses for being scoped in like H5, we don’t know yet) and the radar seems to have the range of the H5 radar. Even the sandbox seemed to have a halo 5 feel to it, but it’s too early to say. The weapons didn’t seem different enough from each other and were useful in pretty much any application.

Out of all the halo games, halo 5 is my least favorite, so the striking similarities worries me. I wanted a new game, not halo 5 2.0. Also the graphics don’t bother me, they’re OK.

To me keeping some modern movements and they are hopefully dumping armor abilities for equipment pick ups will be a nice blend of new and old.

I “mostly” agree with this. The reseblance is worrying, and the grappling hook feels like a thruster that takes you much further and also up, but you can use it less often. A bit like the Binary Rifle in H4 compared to the Beam Rifle lol

Just out or curiosity, what exactly would you see as fresh without hating it for ruining Halo other than adding a new weapon here or there and an item? I know it sounds passive aggressive but I am genuinely curious.

> 2535429756019039;4:
> Just out or curiosity, what exactly would you see as fresh without hating it for ruining Halo other than adding a new weapon here or there and an item? I know it sounds passive aggressive but I am genuinely curious.

Well, I like being able to pick up fusion coils. That is a cool addition. Spring jumping that was introduced in Reach was great, just as an example. Ghost jumping in halo 3 was cool too. Halo 2 had fun button combos. There have been lots of fresh welcome additions in regards to player abilities in past halo games.

there are a lot of changes actually. The sprint speed is noticeably slower and has a bit more weight behind it. The slide is shorter and players can shoot while sliding (eh on that part) and the clamber is much quicker. Thrust is out as is ground pound and hover (at least when it comes to inherent player abilities) and the addition of equipment automatically makes it less H5 as its more about an external sandbox. Also, de-scoping is back as is the removal of ADS. The ADS we do see for a brief moment is similar to that have past halos. It’s possible it’s there for non scoped weapons but I doubt it.

As for wanting a “new game” I find that statement kind of laughable. Mainly since nothing they can do is “new.” Their best bet was refine H5 elements so they were less floaty and less impactful to the design of the map (slower sprint speed as an example) and then incorporate elements of past halos (mainly that’s just equipment from 3). Will it be good? Who knows, we will have to wait and see.

I agree. Its way too much like h5. Its really disappointing. I thought the game was going to be classic or very close to it. They took out thrust which was the only fun ability in h5. I like classic halo more, but if I had to chose to play a 343 halo game based on gameplay. H4 and h5 look more fun than infinite. Equipment is cool in infinite, but the abilities are so pointless and not fun looking. 343 is just trying to copy other modern games again.

> 2533274884686224;5:
> > 2535429756019039;4:
> > Just out or curiosity, what exactly would you see as fresh without hating it for ruining Halo other than adding a new weapon here or there and an item? I know it sounds passive aggressive but I am genuinely curious.
>
> Well, I like being able to pick up fusion coils. That is a cool addition. Spring jumping that was introduced in Reach was great, just as an example. Ghost jumping in halo 3 was cool too. Halo 2 had fun button combos. There have been lots of fresh welcome additions in regards to player abilities in past halo games.

Ok. I think I get what you are saying. Like switching seats in Halo 5 kinda things? Small additions. idk if I am following, but you made me think of that and I hope its in Infinite cause that was such a good idea to me.