Too much grey, terrible maps, COD like?

I just want to cry right now because I love halo. But this simply isn’t it! I can’t stand the grey everywhere in the lobby, maps, hell disconnect your controller and tell me what you see! I understand it’s not a full game
but it’s simply too far away from halo 2/3 that I just can’t stand playing more than 1 match on each map. Too much going on the screen and understand there’s like 1,000 options of settings to turn things off but I tried. I just want simple you killed or dead etc. I don’t wanna hear others peoples shields or double kill. wires on the buildings like it’s call of duty was when I turned it off. Give me a jungle like isolation on h3 or backwash on h2. Keep halo simple man.

Agreed. I only played three games so far but I wasn’t impressed. It feels like grenades were made more powerful again while the pistol was weakened tremendously. Power ups are announced to everyone too, which is a bit silly. Every new Halo the devs seem to do their best to reduce the skill gap.

Tried PvP social arena just feels like halo 5 arena, not fun, full of try hards, maps designed for competitive play rather than been clever maps like you found in halos before halo 5, 343 stop thinking about competitive leagues and think about the fan base, no one plays halo to be a try hard we play halo to enjoy it, don’t repeat yourself again and make the same mistakes like you did in halo 5…I know halo is competitive to some people but it’s ment to be fun but playing on souless maps designed for competitive leagues isn’t what we the halo fans want to see, hopefully btb coming in October is better…

1 Like

I agree. This isn’t Halo.

Take Sprint out completely!

Wirings on the building? What are you even talking about?

> 2533274857808972;3:
> Tried PvP social arena just feels like halo 5 arena, not fun, full of try hards, maps designed for competitive play rather than been clever maps like you found in halos before halo 5, 343 stop thinking about competitive leagues and think about the fan base, no one plays halo to be a try hard we play halo to enjoy it, don’t repeat yourself again and make the same mistakes like you did in halo 5…I know halo is competitive to some people but it’s ment to be fun but playing on souless maps designed for competitive leagues isn’t what we the halo fans want to see, hopefully btb coming in October is better…

This. And don’t get me started with the bots. You win 50-0. The weaker bots should just be removed at this point. There’s no middle ground playing field atm.

> 2533274852331112;4:
> I agree. This isn’t Halo.
>
> Take Sprint out completely!

Or have game modes with no sprint at all.

Like they focused so much on skins and special add ons for the screen/audio they missed the mark on these maps. It’s being going on for years with the same complaints about too much grey and cod like feel. Just stop already and go back to the halo2/3 theme maps. I’m ok with new weapons and stuff but dang my eyes want to bleed right now! I had zero fun honestly I know that’s rude to say and touch to swallow but I’m serious. It’s not something I would view on a stream or play I can’t stand it.

> 2533274801560249;2:
> Power ups are announced to everyone too, which is a bit silly. .

yeah, I don’t understand that. Why is that announced?

> 2533274826926032;5:
> Wirings on the building? What are you even talking about?

Idk played some arena slayer map and noticed some
buildings were military realism cod like to the max. I’m gonna stop now tho because I feel like I’m coming off as a hater. I wish future games stop this.

> 2533274893846518;10:
> > 2533274826926032;5:
> > Wirings on the building? What are you even talking about?
>
> Idk played some arena slayer map and noticed some
> buildings were military realism cod like to the max. I’m gonna stop now tho because I feel like I’m coming off as a hater. I wish future games stop this.

I mean if you’re talking about the Bazaar map it looks like Mombasa in Halo 2. I don’t get what you’re saying about not wanting to hear double kill because that’s been in Halo forever and I don’t know what you’re saying about there being too much on the screen.

> 2533274826926032;11:
> > 2533274893846518;10:
> > > 2533274826926032;5:
> > > Wirings on the building? What are you even talking about?
> >
> > Idk played some arena slayer map and noticed some
> > buildings were military realism cod like to the max. I’m gonna stop now tho because I feel like I’m coming off as a hater. I wish future games stop this.
>
> I mean if you’re talking about the Bazaar map it looks like Mombasa in Halo 2. I don’t get what you’re saying about not wanting to hear double kill because that’s been in Halo forever and I don’t know what you’re saying about there being too much on the screen.

Read. I said I don’t wanna hear everyone else’s double kill announced to me. Or their shields. It confuses me. Too much going on. I had to turn so many settings off it wasn’t funny and it’s still bad. I only wanna hear my own double kill announcer.

> 2533274893846518;6:
> > 2533274857808972;3:
> > Tried PvP social arena just feels like halo 5 arena, not fun, full of try hards, maps designed for competitive play rather than been clever maps like you found in halos before halo 5, 343 stop thinking about competitive leagues and think about the fan base, no one plays halo to be a try hard we play halo to enjoy it, don’t repeat yourself again and make the same mistakes like you did in halo 5…I know halo is competitive to some people but it’s ment to be fun but playing on souless maps designed for competitive leagues isn’t what we the halo fans want to see, hopefully btb coming in October is better…
>
> This. And don’t get me started with the bots. You win 50-0. The weaker bots should just be removed at this point. There’s no middle ground playing field atm.

Well hopefully full release is better but I hope it’s not a complete fail just like halo 5 was, this is 343s chance and so far there not impressing me…

> 2533274854785740;9:
> > 2533274801560249;2:
> > Power ups are announced to everyone too, which is a bit silly. .
>
> yeah, I don’t understand that. Why is that announced?

To close the skill gap. Good players timed this on their own, now it’s announced. In H5 there was a HUD display for power weapons, which I wasn’t fond of, but this is worse. And other power ups are shown too now.

> I just want to cry right now because I love halo. But this simply isn’t it! I can’t stand the grey everywhere in the lobby, maps, hell disconnect your controller and tell me what you see! I understand it’s not a full game

Gray everywhere isn’t much different than beige rock everywhere or muted gray or brown or purple. Also, we have like 2 maybe 3 maps available right now, one is a military training ground, the other is New Mombasa (that I know of). So it kind of stands to reason that you’re gonna see gray or brown everywhere you look. Doesn’t make much sense to have a rainbow of colors in a military or market central setting.

We’re also supposed to be getting more maps when the game officially releases, so we’ll have to wait and see what we get from the official release.

> but it’s simply too far away from halo 2/3 that I just can’t stand playing more than 1 match on each map

I’m not certain what they were aiming for since it is labeled a ‘spiritual reboot’, but I’ve heard that the multiplayer is a fine mix of most Halo’s and honestly it feels good to me. I haven’t had any issues getting used to the mechanics or movement (and no, I was not a Halo 5 PvP fan, I usually just played WZFF).

> Too much going on the screen and understand there’s like 1,000 options of settings to turn things off but I tried. I just want simple you killed or dead etc. I don’t wanna hear others peoples shields or double kill.

I’m sorry to hear that, as someone who gets distracted easily and can’t stand having so much going on as well, I honestly can’t say I felt the same. It felt like any other Halo game in terms of paying attention to stuff, but maybe that’s because I can tune out calls from others? I mostly focus on what’s going on in front and around me, unless a team mate dies nearby, I kind of tune it out.

> wires on the buildings like it’s call of duty was when I turned it off.

Wires? Like, actual power lines? That’s…not Call of Duty, that’s real life friend. Or did you expect the people of New Mombasa to be a ragtag tribe with 0 advancements in technology? Or are you talking about something completely different? Because CoD hasn’t marketed ‘wires hanging on buildings’.

> Give me a jungle like isolation on h3 or backwash on h2. Keep halo simple man.

I’m sure we’ll get more variety from the official release, they can’t release everything during a flight test.