Too many useless REQs?

Does anybody else think that there is an unnecessarily large amount of pointless REQs in the REQ system? I mean, we have like ten or fifteen different variants of each loadout weapon, probably 80 percent of which I never use because I always slap on the ones I want at REQ level 3 (classic BR and AR) and never change them again for the rest of the match. We have five plus different versions of each vehicle, the regular, tundra, woodland, urban, corp, and ONI, but does anybody actually use any of these variants? It seems to me that the only Warthogs I ever see called in to the field are regular hogs and ONI hogs, because of all those variants, the ONI hog is the only one that actually plays differently. It’s the only variant that’s really a real upgrade with it’s turret that shoots explosive rounds. Every other hog variant plays the exact same. There are differences in the amount of armor they have, but that doesn’t stop the gunner and driver from getting shot out just as easily as any other hog. Who cares about the added armor? The same goes for the mongoose. Why have a ton of different mongooses all with different amounts of armor when it does nothing to protect the driver?All you have to do is shoot him off, no matter the variant. He is completely exposed. So it is completely pointless. And you have to grind your way through all of this with silver packs before you can get to the real goods.

The point I’m trying to make is, so many of the REQs in this game feel like pointless junk that you’ll never use that only delays you in your grind to try to unlock the real cool stuff. And they just keep adding more. A BR with a carbine sight? Really? Who was asking for that? Did anybody want that? I don’t like how I have to get the unlocks for a million different variants of mongooses and warthogs and loadout weapons, most of which I will absolutely never use, before I can move on and start getting my hands on ultra rare and legendary stuff. And don’t even get me started on the overly large amount of emblems and armor aesthetics.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

You’ve woken up, but most other people are still asleep.

It’s just a ploy to get you to play longer or spend more money.

Without the less desirable stuff everyone would just be getting tanks all the time (yes, that’s a slight exaggeration).

I like lots of content in my games even if I don’t use it all.

Agreed. Though I don’t know but the lord of the fries skin pistol feels different or I’m just better at being salty…lol I would love a sawed off shotgun IMO. -:slight_smile: I still think in warzone req energy should be dropped by 1, all my matches we get to 4 and either win or lose and not get to use our level 5 or 6 equipment. I have 20 ultra rare mantis reqs I just can’t use.

> 2533274918639469;4:
> Agreed. Though I don’t know but the lord of the fries skin pistol feels different or I’m just better at being salty…lol I would love a sawed off shotgun IMO. -:slight_smile: I still think in warzone req energy should be dropped by 1, all my matches we get to 4 and either win or lose and not get to use our level 5 or 6 equipment. I have 20 ultra rare mantis reqs I just can’t use.

Same here - i do get to lvls 6-9 occasionally but then we have already almost won and they feel like a waste. saving them for the next warzone turbo also sucks because there you have soo many spartan lasers that all vehicles are shot down very fast…

There is a lot of junky req items. I’m surprised that you didn’t touch upon useless armour sets. Not only does almost every set seem to have at least 3 variants. They give us armour sets like seeker, tracker and legionnaire which look honestly awful. I’ve never seen someone wear them which weren’t trying to troll and I don’t see why you’d deck out your super soldiers like that. And then they still repaint the armours for more content with no good reason. Very few of the paint schemes are even that different, if I recall correctly two of the aviator helmets are identical.

As far as the vehicles go, I like having the camo variants with extra armour. Given they are the same req level I will often spawn them in as opposed to the base variant, and I think they look cool. That being said they are extremely spammy in the req pool and when it applies to scout hogs and basic mongooses its a real pain.

With loadout weapons I like having a variety of choice cause it really allows players to find something they like, and they are all actually different. However they need some SERIOUS organisation in the req station as it is so tedious to find the one you want in game, combined with laggy UI. I haven’t actually downloaded and played hog wild yet so I haven’t seen these new hybrid weapons but the update was meant to have minor themes of human/covenant codesign (sword hog) so it kind of makes sense. As far as functionality goes I believe the hybrid DMR is an uncommon req which is really good for low level players as it is a real pain not having any DMR’s, I didn’t get my first one until I was level 60ish.

And to you guys who are struggling to get your req level up in game. I’d recommend slaying as hard as you can early game to boost your req level. Bases and bosses only do so much. If you can be the first player to 20 kills in the match the weapons you can spawn are a bigger asset to your team than that attempted capture or boss takedown you could have done. Spawn in reqs like hailstorm, open hand, blood of suban, whiplash, blaze of glory, the answer to work this snow ball effect harder.

> 2533274819302824;2:
> You’ve woken up, but most other people are still asleep.
>
> It’s just a ploy to get you to play longer or spend more money.

At least someone who get it

To me the req system seems bloated with useless junk.

You mean you dont want that number 11 emblem?

> 2598282106450095;9:
> You mean you dont want that number 11 emblem?

Not 111 times that is…

Sarcasm

Firstly, I believe this list should be added into Halo 5. The majority of “variant/upgraded” weapons should be replaced by the original Halo stash.

Secondly, I agree that extra stout on vehicles is useless because it’s still too easy to shoot the driver off and the gunner.

Of course there is too much stuff in the Req system. I have everything unlocked and have for a while now so it’s especially annoying having to change my loadouts over and over again every time I req up a level in game considering I have to to go through so much stuff I’ll never use. With power weapons and vehicles I just sell every single item I’ll never use just to get it out of the req menu. I wish I could do that with loadouts. There are too many.

> 2535414791138154;6:
> There is a lot of junky req items. I’m surprised that you didn’t touch upon useless armour sets. Not only does almost every set seem to have at least 3 variants. They give us armour sets like seeker, tracker and legionnaire which look honestly awful. I’ve never seen someone wear them which weren’t trying to troll and I don’t see why you’d deck out your super soldiers like that. And then they still repaint the armours for more content with no good reason. Very few of the paint schemes are even that different, if I recall correctly two of the aviator helmets are identical.
>
> As far as the vehicles go, I like having the camo variants with extra armour. Given they are the same req level I will often spawn them in as opposed to the base variant, and I think they look cool. That being said they are extremely spammy in the req pool and when it applies to scout hogs and basic mongooses its a real pain.
>
> With loadout weapons I like having a variety of choice cause it really allows players to find something they like, and they are all actually different. However they need some SERIOUS organisation in the req station as it is so tedious to find the one you want in game, combined with laggy UI. I haven’t actually downloaded and played hog wild yet so I haven’t seen these new hybrid weapons but the update was meant to have minor themes of human/covenant codesign (sword hog) so it kind of makes sense. As far as functionality goes I believe the hybrid DMR is an uncommon req which is really good for low level players as it is a real pain not having any DMR’s, I didn’t get my first one until I was level 60ish.
>
> And to you guys who are struggling to get your req level up in game. I’d recommend slaying as hard as you can early game to boost your req level. Bases and bosses only do so much. If you can be the first player to 20 kills in the match the weapons you can spawn are a bigger asset to your team than that attempted capture or boss takedown you could have done. Spawn in reqs like hailstorm, open hand, blood of suban, whiplash, blaze of glory, the answer to work this snow ball effect harder.

Yeah, that’s another thing to. I have been making progress over the last few weeks and I believe I am really close to finishing all of the uncommon to rare power weapons and vehicles, but I have so many pieces of armor and emblems to go. I’m already satisfied with my spartan’s appearance and don’t plan on using any of them. It’s just frustrating.