Too many large maps in Halo 4?

Nope :)! There are equal amounts of small and large maps in Halo 4!

small
Abandon
Adrift
Complex
Haven
Solace

LARGE
Exile
Longbow
Meltdown
Ragnarok
Vortex

Just wanted to clear this up. I heard many people complaining that 343i hasn’t made enough small maps. But my list doesn’t lie. Or does it? Comment if you think I made a mistake.

343 seems to be under the impression that about 50% of the population play BTB thus 50% of the maps are made for BTB, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

the problem isnt that they simply made too many large maps, the problem is that the majority of the population plays on small maps.

> 343 seems to be under the impression that about 50% of the population play BTB thus 50% of the maps are made for BTB, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
>
> the problem isnt that they simply made too many large maps, the problem is that the majority of the population plays on small maps.

So what’s the problem?

I agree with your list.

But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.

I totally agree wih you, there are way to many big maps.

> I agree with your list.
>
> But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.

Highground? Small?

> > I agree with your list.
> >
> > But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.
>
> Highground? Small?

I thought it was tiny…

Oh well. There’s still no map as small as Highground in Halo 4. My point remains. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 343 seems to be under the impression that about 50% of the population play BTB thus 50% of the maps are made for BTB, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
>
> the problem isnt that they simply made too many large maps, the problem is that the majority of the population plays on small maps.

So 5 (not including forge created) maps isn’t enough? BTB players have been stuck with 2 (not including forge created) maps for halo reach.

The size is likely chosen because of the ordinance mechanic implemented. That being said there will always be forge.

Solace doesn’t look that small

I’d actually be ok with having more large maps and having less small maps considering I’m a big fan of big team battle.

> > 343 seems to be under the impression that about 50% of the population play BTB thus 50% of the maps are made for BTB, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
> >
> > the problem isnt that they simply made too many large maps, the problem is that the majority of the population plays on small maps.
>
> So what’s the problem?

I think he’s saying the problem is they should have made like 7 small maps and 3 large maps. I disagree. The BTB playlist has tons of players. Also, large maps are -Yoink!- :).

> > 343 seems to be under the impression that about 50% of the population play BTB thus 50% of the maps are made for BTB, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
> >
> > the problem isnt that they simply made too many large maps, the problem is that the majority of the population plays on small maps.
>
> So what’s the problem?

it doesnt make any sense, its like if half the maps were made around FFA. theyre making the maps based around the minority instead of the majority.

if you play in BTB you have 5 maps to choose from, if you play ANYTHING else you have 5 maps.

its not proportinate to the actual amount of people playing it is what Im saying.

> > > I agree with your list.
> > >
> > > But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.
> >
> > Highground? Small?
>
> I thought it was tiny…
>
> Oh well. There’s still no map as small as Highground in Halo 4. My point remains. :stuck_out_tongue:

No maps as small as high ground in Halo 4? Are you serious?

> I agree with your list.
>
> But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.

They could do what BF3 did they had massive maps but restricted you to a small region of the map for modes like TDM.They could do this via forge editing and soft kill zones.

> > > > I agree with your list.
> > > >
> > > > But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.
> > >
> > > Highground? Small?
> >
> > I thought it was tiny…
> >
> > Oh well. There’s still no map as small as Highground in Halo 4. My point remains. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> No maps as small as high ground in Halo 4? Are you serious?

It wouldn’t surprise me. Due to sprint being a default ability the maps have to be developed with it in mind(something Reach lacked). That is why there are so many bigger maps

> > > > I agree with your list.
> > > >
> > > > But there’re no maps near as small as Guardian or Highground in Halo 4. Small maps in Halo 4 are equivalent to Halo 3 medium sized maps.
> > >
> > > Highground? Small?
> >
> > I thought it was tiny…
> >
> > Oh well. There’s still no map as small as Highground in Halo 4. My point remains. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> No maps as small as high ground in Halo 4? Are you serious?

Highground isn’t exactly what you call big.

While I agree 100% with the premise there should be more small maps then there should be big maps. It is impossible to make a big map out of a small map using forge; while making a small map from a big map is very easy to do using forge.

Sure they won’t be ‘original’ maps, they will be forged, but they will still be playable maps.

Once the bones are set in place, you can’t make more big team maps, but you can make literally hundreds of small maps.

All the Guardian sized maps are going to have to be made in Forge because the innate sprint ability for everyone makes making a small map be default counter-intuitive to their sandbox.

> While I agree 100% with the premise there should be more small maps then there should be big maps. It is impossible to make a big map out of a small map using forge; while making a small map from a big map is very easy to do using forge.
>
> Sure they won’t be ‘original’ maps, they will be forged, but they will still be playable maps.
>
> Once the bones are set in place, you can’t make more big team maps, but you can make literally hundreds of small maps.

^^This!^^

even if they are forged, they can still be small and still look good.