Too many generous "headshots" with sniper rifles!

I’ve noticed that I seem to be getting headshots sometimes when my aimer is anywhere near my opponents head, including sometimes being in the air around them, or on the persons neck or torso.

This is also definitely the Halo that I seem to be getting picked off the most by snipers. I don’t think I’ve been two shotted with a sniper on this game yet.

I’m not silly and don’t run in open space, I am cautious.

It just seems that average players are somehow now pro snipers! Anyone else experience this?

Also, why hasn’t the design of the sniper been change? It looks like a -Yoink!- camera!

It sounds deadly, but it looks kinda weird. LOL.

> 2535458384025976;1:
> I’ve noticed that I seem to be getting headshots sometimes when my aimer is anywhere near my opponents head, including sometimes being in the air around them, or on the persons neck or torso.
>
> This is also definitely the Halo that I seem to be getting picked off the most by snipers. I don’t think I’ve been two shotted with a sniper on this game yet.
>
> I’m not silly and don’t run in open space, I am cautious.
>
> It just seems that average players are somehow now pro snipers! Anyone else experience this?
>
> Also, why hasn’t the design of the sniper been change? It looks like a -Yoink!- camera!
>
> It sounds deadly, but it looks kinda weird. LOL.

Never noticed your first point, but I’ve gotten used to snapping the reticle on heads so that might be why.

Maybe because the “Average players” have gotten better? I know I used to suck hard with the sniper, now its almost the complete opposite.

Lets not forget that no matter how cautious you are, you’ll have to poke your head out to shoot at someone sometime. That’s all someone needs to pop a headshot on you.

I don’t think they need to change how it looks, but thats just my opinion.

I have definitely experienced this. It’s like we went from having good snipers here and there to everyone being MLG sniping pros in a matter of days. It’s odd, while most people seem to be flawless with the sniper and get literally nothing but headshots with it, I feel like this is one of my weakest games for sniping. I can snipe fine in Halo 3, Halo 4, and Reach, but in this one, it feels a lot harder than before, but my friends say it’s easier. Weird to me. I have also noticed I get headshots when I don’t aim anywhere near the enemy’s head. I generally don’t pick up the sniper now as it feels too weird to me in this game and I can’t really snipe well in this one

Sniping in this game does seem to be just a little bit too easy. but i dont consider that a major complaint/issue. Id rather see a few other things addressed before this.

The massive hitbox has existed since Halo 4, it was toned down shortly after. In the Halo 5 beta many people noticed this as well, only this time 343 decided to keep it as is. Now you can have someone land every shot in Arena Slayer because they believe they are good with it.

I kinda agree, but at the same time, the real struggle is getting the sniper and staying alive long enough to kill enemy players.

A lot of the head shots is beyond generous. I’ve found myself getting head shots saying to myself… “There’s no way I hit that shot.”
They need to tone down the hit box or something. It’s ridiculous

I thought I was losing my mind when I was getting headshots for every time I pulled the trigger.

this is part of halo 5 aim assistance problem.

unlike past halos which relied on primaryily reticle magnetism with SLIGHT bullet magentism, halo 5 flips that around, it rely on heavy BULLET magnetism, and slight reticle magnetism, furthermore, the head hitbox is more heavily weighted for bullet magnetism then the body hitbox (to prevent the bullet curving towards the body instead of teh head) this makes it seem like headshots are easier to accomplish even when not properly aiming at the head.

I have noticed this. Though I was using the covenant sniper and boy was I getting headshots. I didn’t even hit their heads. 4/7 kills from the sniper were neck or near head shots. Though I was laughing because I thought I was great. Guess this makes me a “close shot” sniper player. :confused: Oh well, I felt good for a day.

If average players are now pro… i dont want think about pros.
But seriously i haven’t noticed any difference.

> 2533274804319117;6:
> I kinda agree, but at the same time, the real struggle is getting the sniper and staying alive long enough to kill enemy players.

+1 I haven’t even picked up a sniper in multiplayer and it’s almost been a week on the game.

Most definitely. Hell there are times I went to theater to call bs on my OWN kills. Hit boxs for this game are way to big and many times I see people’s shots AROUND my head killing me more than actual heads shots.

The snipers aren’t completely OP but it’s good to make it more accessible to not as skilled players, besides it’s a power weapon. Where expecting a power weapon not to be powerful? And SR’s have their weaknesses, like if you land one round they are instantly descoped and robbed of their kill.

> 2535455905503287;14:
> The snipers aren’t completely OP but it’s good to make it more accessible to not as skilled players, besides it’s a power weapon. Where expecting a power weapon not to be powerful? And SR’s have their weaknesses, like if you land one round they are instantly descoped and robbed of their kill.

I’m sorry but I really hate the direction some developers take games where they try to make it more accessible to lesser skilled players, but then again, this is probably because there’s no ranked or social split.

On old Halo’s, if you wanted to compete, you had to get good. Simple as. Or you could just play social and kick back.

For some reason 343 doesn’t want to do this, and just makes every playlists a mix, so you get noobs and pros in the same game, and now 343 feel they need to make it easier for noobs.

It’s really stupid.

I agree that sniping has been made a bit easier, the zooming is also stupid quick with it. I wouldn’t say it’s a huge issue, but its definitely a lot easier than earlier halos. I mainly play SWAT and deadzones are quite noticeable in that mode, but because of those deadzones I’d say that the leniency with the sniper isnt such a horrible thing.

> 2535425543144837;9:
> this is part of halo 5 aim assistance problem.
>
> unlike past halos which relied on primaryily reticle magnetism with SLIGHT bullet magentism, halo 5 flips that around, it rely on heavy BULLET magnetism, and slight reticle magnetism, furthermore, the head hitbox is more heavily weighted for bullet magnetism then the body hitbox (to prevent the bullet curving towards the body instead of teh head) this makes it seem like headshots are easier to accomplish even when not properly aiming at the head.

Link source for this info please. I really feel like youre just saying words, because the precision weapons (minus the SR) feel like they have no BM like H4 did.

EDIT: Just looked at your profile, you’re def full of crap you haven’t played a single game

> 2533274830783389;17:
> > 2535425543144837;9:
> > this is part of halo 5 aim assistance problem.
> >
> > unlike past halos which relied on primaryily reticle magnetism with SLIGHT bullet magentism, halo 5 flips that around, it rely on heavy BULLET magnetism, and slight reticle magnetism, furthermore, the head hitbox is more heavily weighted for bullet magnetism then the body hitbox (to prevent the bullet curving towards the body instead of teh head) this makes it seem like headshots are easier to accomplish even when not properly aiming at the head.
>
>
> Link source for this info please. I really feel like youre just saying words, because the precision weapons (minus the SR) feel like they have no BM like H4 did.
>
> EDIT: Just looked at your profile, you’re def full of crap you haven’t played a single game

His XBL account might be linked to a different profile.

Go to 1:47 and play it on 0.5x speed.

It’s not just with Snipers… that was ridiculous. His aimer was no where near the head.

I agree the bullet magnetism with the sniper rifle is too high. Everyone suddenly is a pro sniper it seems