Too many explosives in Super Fiesta

Fiesta has always been a great game mode that everyone can enjoy. I appreciate how it forces you to experiment new weapon combos, helps out with commendations, and is great fun while playing it, whether you win or lose. It is arguably the most casual playlist in H5.

However, I have one issue that disrupts my enjoyment of the mode: the sheer number of explosives in every match. There are now currently 13 generic ‘rocket launcher’ type guns in the H5 sandbox, including 7 rocket launchers, 3 fuel rods, and 3 incinerators. This causes these kinds of guns to be extremely common in Super Fiesta, thus forming an extremely simple meta that you have to use these kinds of guns to succeed, resulting in stale gameplay.

No matter what good weapon you manage to spawn with, you’re always guaranteed to get an enemy with a rocket launcher to spoil any chance of doing anything with it. Why use a sniper when rockets are much more common and much easier to use? Super Fiesta has now now lost its sense of variety. It’s stale and annoying. Can there be a solution? Discuss.

EDIT: By the way, this thread isn’t complaining about how the enemy always gets the best weapons while I keep spawning with what most would consider as “trash” weapons. I’m fine with the bad weapon spawns. I’m arguing that you basically have to use an explosive-based weapon to succeed in Fiesta. They’re all over the place, so choosing not to pick one up will be the worst decision you’ll ever make.

I think those kinds of explosive weapons should be downplayed a bit, as should the loadout weapons. Getting blown up repeatedly does very annoying, though I am quite guilty of blasting other people to smithereens with the Railgun…

Yeah, it’s great when the enemy team seems to get every rocket variation imaginable when I’m stuck with weapon combos like a suppressor and a plasma pistol for 80% of the match.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> Yeah, it’s great when the enemy team seems to get every rocket variation imaginable when I’m stuck with weapon combos like a suppressor and a plasma pistol for 80% of the match.

Glad to see I’m not the only one. In my situation though, it’s usually Storm Rifles and DMR’s.

It’s FIESTA… The moment anyone suggest any type of change or balance defeats the purpose of fiesta… Fiesta means you have a total random weapon start out of all the weapons available. Of course it will seem as if you get the “bad” weapons more often as peoples minds always gravitate to the bad more so than the good. That is why the news on tv always reports on bad stuff like shootings and house burning down because the mind remembers and is drawn to that… So in fiesta games you don’t remember those times you got good weapons as clear and prevalent as when you got the crappy ones… Fiesta needs to remain :100: percent RNG. That is the only way to preserve fiesta.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> So in fiesta games you don’t remember those times you got good weapons as clear and prevalent as when you got the crappy ones…

I remember them just fine, but it sucks when I get those bad games.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> It’s FIESTA… The moment anyone suggest any type of change or balance defeats the purpose of fiesta… Fiesta means you have a total random weapon start out of all the weapons available. Of course it will seem as if you get the “bad” weapons more often as peoples minds always gravitate to the bad more so than the good. That is why the news on tv always reports on bad stuff like shootings and house burning down because the mind remembers and is drawn to that… So in fiesta games you don’t remember those times you got good weapons as clear and prevalent as when you got the crappy ones… Fiesta needs to remain :100: percent RNG. That is the only way to preserve fiesta.

You are right that the availability heuristic does play a big part in people’s memory of these things. However, of the last 10 or so games of Fiesta I’ve played, only in about 3 did I get a KDA higher than 5.

A lot of you can talk about Fiesta’s spirit and all that, but in the end it really isn’t fun to be on the losing end of a DMR vs SPNKr EX fight. At least reduce the weighting of loadout weapons.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> It’s FIESTA… The moment anyone suggest any type of change or balance defeats the purpose of fiesta… Fiesta means you have a total random weapon start out of all the weapons available. Of course it will seem as if you get the “bad” weapons more often as peoples minds always gravitate to the bad more so than the good. That is why the news on tv always reports on bad stuff like shootings and house burning down because the mind remembers and is drawn to that… So in fiesta games you don’t remember those times you got good weapons as clear and prevalent as when you got the crappy ones… Fiesta needs to remain :100: percent RNG. That is the only way to preserve fiesta.

Sure, those times you got good weapons were great, but the number of explosives in the sandbox reduce the viability of what would have been “good” weapons significantly. Feel excited when you get a Nornfang or CE pistol? That excitement will burn out as soon as someone nukes the hell out of you with an incineration cannon.

In the previous games, rockets were fine, since they were few and far between, so you could still get creative with what the game gives you. But when everyone has a high chance of getting those guns that kill you instantly with only about 70% accuracy, you start to feel a lot more restricted to what you can use, and that makes the mode a lot less fun.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I think those kinds of explosive weapons should be downplayed a bit, as should the loadout weapons. Getting blown up repeatedly does very annoying, though I am quite guilty of blasting other people to smithereens with the Railgun…

Yes, I’m not sure where the railgun stands in this gap. It CAN get annoying, but so can a sword or shotgun, as in it can only insta-kill one person at a time. But railguns make explosions, are effective with sub-par accuracy, and can destroy you from any range…WHICH ONE IS IT???

> 2727626560040591;3:
> Yeah, it’s great when the enemy team seems to get every rocket variation imaginable when I’m stuck with weapon combos like a suppressor and a plasma pistol for 80% of the match.

OMFG. THIS !!! RAAAAGEEEE !!! all (non) jokes aside., I feel that both ends of the spectrum tend to turn up a bit too often. also Prophet’s Bane is EXTREMELY overpowered on such small maps, & needs to be toned down even further.

As popular as fiesta is it would be nice to have a rocket free playlist. 343 could even have a few objective game types.

> 2592920678321635;11:
> As popular as fiesta is it would be nice to have a rocket free playlist. 343 could even have a few objective game types.

Halo 4 Husky Raid flashbacks

> 2592920678321635;11:
> As popular as fiesta is it would be nice to have a rocket free playlist. 343 could even have a few objective game types.

I thought of writing a thread for a rocket-free variation, but I felt that it would be too drastic and result in severe backlash. Totally with you on the objectives, though, there could be several Husky Raid variants, as well as that Breakout variant I forgot the name of. I’m always down when it comes to more objective modes in H5, there is currently waaaaaaaaaay too much Slayer right now.

fiesta is fun when you have the power weapons (rocket launchers, incineration cannon or some legendary variant like the sword of the arbiter)

> 2533275003302531;14:
> fiesta is fun when you have the power weapons (rocket launchers, incineration cannon or some legendary variant like the sword of the arbiter)

I like the variants on the guns a lot more. Whisper of Truth, Blood of Suban, The Answer are all really fun guns that I like using way more than rockets.

> 2592920678321635;15:
> > 2533275003302531;14:
> > fiesta is fun when you have the power weapons (rocket launchers, incineration cannon or some legendary variant like the sword of the arbiter)
>
> I like the variants on the guns a lot more. Whisper of Truth, Blood of Suban, The Answer are all really fun guns that I like using way more than rockets.

i actually use more the original pistol of halo CE but, yeah those variants are cool

Fuel rod/pool of radiance are trash in pvp(except light of urs) the projectiles are too slow and can only 1 hit if its a direct hit plus low rate of fire. I hate respawing and getting these weapons in fiesta. It’s better to respawn with a sentinel beam. But no, 50% of the time i always get fuel rods and facing rockets.

I actually had a time when I intentionally avoided rockets with the exception of a normal fuel rod, pool of radiance and river of light, it was more fun getting creative with the other weapons and could still manage to be top player fairly often, the problem was my teams were awful a lot of times and couldn’t carry as well as before so I had to come back to all the dull rocket variants.

> 2535449076192416;9:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I think those kinds of explosive weapons should be downplayed a bit, as should the loadout weapons. Getting blown up repeatedly does very annoying, though I am quite guilty of blasting other people to smithereens with the Railgun…
>
> Yes, I’m not sure where the railgun stands in this gap. It CAN get annoying, but so can a sword or shotgun, as in it can only insta-kill one person at a time. But railguns make explosions, are effective with sub-par accuracy, and can destroy you from any range…WHICH ONE IS IT???

Sounds like the Whiplash. :wink:

I get what you’re saying, and I think being forced to use explosives is a little cheap. I think the only real way to fix this is for them to update it with a less likely chance of getting them, or something like that. It’s just my solution, obviously there are better ways, but it’s just an idea.