Too many darn Playlists

I feel like there are just too many Playlists and it is spreading the population too thin. I mean there are like 300 people that play team throwdown, so is it really needed?

300 people that are currently playing in team throwdown. Not 300 people overall today playing it.

There is not enough playlists and they just need to be organized better.

ZOFG 343I this game has very few playlists it sucks!

343I adds playlists

ZOMFG 343I there are too many -Yoink!- playlists this game sucks!

Ah yes the part where no matter what a developer does they can never win.

BTW i dont have any issues finding matches in any playlist bro.

If I remember right, Halo 3 had just as much ranked games AND had a social playlist. It’s not the number of games, it’s the popularity of the game wearing thin.

> I feel like there are just too many Playlists and it is spreading the population too thin. I mean there are like 300 people that play team throwdown, so is it really needed?

Whatever happened to 343i’s mantra of that their optimum play list number was 10?

Seems to have gone out the window…

…but, wait. Because there are so many different groups calling for this or that, they have tried to please everyone. Is that a bad thing, really?

Nope!

Oh, now there’s TOO MANY playlists.

This community… always full of surprises, aren’t you?

No way. First, we complain about the lack of playlists - now we complain about there being too many?

Dude, Reach had so much more. I think that Halo 4 has the right amount of playlists right now.

Too many playlists can split up the population drastically. Too short of playlists can bore and drive away the remaining population.

I think the number is just fine. If they get rid of anything, they need to put CTF into Objective. It only makes sense. The only playlist we really need now is Multi Team. (And to add Objective into Big Team.)

> I think the number is just fine. If they get rid of anything, they need to put CTF into Objective. It only makes sense. The only playlist we really need now is Multi Team. (And to add Objective into Big Team.)

And some form of classic playlist. But you know that will never happen so I wont get my hopes up.

really dude… People have been wanting a lot of playlists. I’m hoping that all standard Halo game types should be put in the regular playlist honestly. Have Slayer in with Infinity Slayer etc. Or at least change team throwdown to Team Classic or something and get rid of AA’s in it.

> I think the number is just fine. If they get rid of anything, they need to put CTF into Objective. It only makes sense. The only playlist we really need now is Multi Team. (And to add Objective into Big Team.)

May as well toss Extraction into Objective too.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I feel like there are just too many Playlists and it is spreading the population too thin. I mean there are like 300 people that play team throwdown, so is it really needed?

Your the most stupid person I’ve ever met on the internet.

>

No need for flaming. Everyone has opinions.

In my opinion, the raising of the max playlist number was great. Some organizing still needs to be done, but I like it.

Funny thing I noticed the other day, I played Halo 3 matchmaking and found even with under 3000 total players - this was on saturday afternoon - getting into a game WITHOUT JOIN IN PROGRESS was way faster than it is in Halo 4. I was playing Team Slayer and Lone Wolves, each had under 500 people playing the respective playlist and finding games was easy peasy. Not only that but people didn’t quit out of the game if they were doing badly. The combat is vastly different, the way it should be.

If you remember Reach had a lot of playlists that more or less had 1-2000 people in them, team slayer, btb, flood, swat standing out by having 5-10000 people at any given time. I played Reach recently too and the matchmaking was also faster there too. Old games working better than what is supposed to be state of the art, that’s pretty embarrassing.

> If I remember right, Halo 3 had just as much ranked games AND had a social playlist. It’s not the number of games, it’s the popularity of the game wearing thin.

yes and the fact that we have the Halo charts Cult going nuts its not getting any better.

Please just let the competitive community have their one playlist.

There is not enough. If you were to state “Too many damn Slayer playlists” I’d agree with you. If you were to ask me how I’d organize things, this is how they would be.

-Ranked

1. Team Slayer

2. Team Doubles

3. Team Objective

4. Classic FFA

5. 4v4 CTF

6. SWAT (4v4 and please include Carbine/Light Rifle!)
    -Social

7. Big Team Battle (Includes objectives of all kinds)

8. Action Sack

9. Multi-Team (Pray to god they add this!)

10. Infinity Slayer (4v4)

11. Infinity Moshpit (Infinity variant of Team objective.)

12. Flood Mode

There you have it! That is how I’d prefer it done. But that’s not the way it is. At least I posted something constructive right?

Really? The constant complaining of “Oh,the lack of playlists,” or “Oh this game sucks, to little playlists”. Geez, just quit complaining for once.

With that logic they should remove Dominion, Objective, and both of the Majestic Playlists due to low population.

I like this, if I need a good laugh, just go to waypoint… first there is not enough playlists… now there is to many… always something new.

Op, some just need their own, CTF, Slayer… imo, Infinity should be its own.