Tom French the hero we deserve

Can we just take a minute to really thank the man for his incredible work ethic?

I just feel this is kinda random but at least its not bashing Halo 5 so this is good.

Tom French and his team are amazing people. They make the greatest stuff for Halo 5, and deserved to be thanked many times over.

Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.

I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.

> 2533274847563380;4:
> Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
>
> I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the forge team is understaffed? At least that’s what I’m reading into your comment. They’ve produced amazing results so far with the staff they have.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274847563380;4:
> > Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
> >
> > I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.
>
>
> Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the forge team is understaffed? They’ve produced amazing results so far with the staff they have.

They’ve actually said they are a small group compared to the rest of 343. Tom French brings It up on twitter occasionally when people give very ambitious thoughts.

> 2533274956759659;1:
> Can we just take a minute to really thank the man for his incredible work ethic?

amen… now we need people like that in the real world lol

> 2533274848011469;2:
> I just feel this is kinda random but at least its not bashing Halo 5 so this is good.

lol right

> 2533274949377255;8:
> > 2533274848011469;2:
> > I just feel this is kinda random but at least its not bashing Halo 5 so this is good.
>
>
> lol right

Yeah it is a little out of nowhere but whatever lol

Glory to the wizard!

I know right? He and his team is doing fantastic work. Easily my favorite team at 343i right now, and proof that at least someone at 343i is listening to the fans.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274847563380;4:
> > Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
> >
> > I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.
>
>
> Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the forge team is understaffed? At least that’s what I’m reading into your comment. They’ve produced amazing results so far with the staff they have.

It might not have anything to do with being understaffed, but rather imagine how much MORE they could accomplish with more money/resources/hands.

> 2533274847563380;4:
> Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
>
> I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.

No disrespect to the forge team because they are doing an absolutely phenomenal job but why even bring pro players into this discussion? I can’t imagine 343i would hold back anything from Tom French if he needed it. It’s like you truly believe every microtransaction supports the Pro Teams. I’ve only seen the team skin packs (optional) and then briefly for the HWCS. People criticize the pro circuit way too much. If anything it’s bringing back some of the older population such as myself.

> 2591580321307319;12:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > 2533274847563380;4:
> > > Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
> > >
> > > I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.
> >
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the forge team is understaffed? At least that’s what I’m reading into your comment. They’ve produced amazing results so far with the staff they have.
>
>
> It might not have anything to do with being understaffed, but rather imagine how much MORE they could accomplish with more money/resources/hands.

I guess our brains just work different is all lol. I am perfectly satisfied with what they have given us.

Full stop. My brain stops there.

I don’t like hypotheticals and “how could it have been if…” I’ve learned to dislike these trains of thought in my life. Just judge things by what they are and improve upon them moving forward.

He’s done well, along with the rest of the Forge team.

Tom French 4 Prez

> 2533274848763524;13:
> > 2533274847563380;4:
> >
>
>
> No disrespect to the forge team because they are doing an absolutely phenomenal job but why even bring pro players into this discussion? I can’t imagine 343i would hold back anything from Tom French if he needed it. It’s like you truly believe every microtransaction supports the Pro Teams. I’ve only seen the team skin packs (optional) and then briefly for the HWCS. People criticize the pro circuit way too much. If anything it’s bringing back some of the older population such as myself.

An exaggeratio, perhaps. But in the beginning 343 stated that a lot of the money from reqs would be put towards the championship games.

Im not against the HCS, but when there are people begging you to fix game breaking bugs, improve quality of life issues, and just over all show better support to your community, and 343 still puts money towards that and “continues” to advertise it as there strongest selling point… it pisses me off. We have a lot of problems here that need to be worked out and 343 only “seems” to cater to pro players.

There’s nothing wrong with pros, I don’t want you to think that’s what I’m saying. But 343 needs to set better priorities for their development, they can’t just throw the two million they made on reqs away toward an event in hopes of attracting new players, and then they come to a broken and miss handled game.

> 2533274847563380;16:
> > 2533274848763524;13:
> > > 2533274847563380;4:
> > > Microtransaction money should go to helping the forge team, not pro players.
> > >
> > > I think 343 is doing themselves a huge disservice by not putting more effort into tom french’s team.
> >
> >
> > No disrespect to the forge team because they are doing an absolutely phenomenal job but why even bring pro players into this discussion? I can’t imagine 343i would hold back anything from Tom French if he needed it. It’s like you truly believe every microtransaction supports the Pro Teams. I’ve only seen the team skin packs (optional) and then briefly for the HWCS. People criticize the pro circuit way too much. If anything it’s bringing back some of the older population such as myself.
>
>
> An exaggeratio, perhaps. But in the beginning 343 stated that a lot of the money from reqs would be put towards the championship games.
>
> Im not against the HCS, but when there are people begging you to fix game breaking bugs, improve quality of life issues, and just over all show better support to your community, and 343 still puts money towards that and “continues” to advertise it as there strongest selling point… it pisses me off. We have a lot of problems here that need to be worked out and 343 only “seems” to cater to pro players.
>
> There’s nothing wrong with pros, I don’t want you to think that’s what I’m saying. But 343 needs to set better priorities for their development, they can’t just throw the two million they made on reqs away toward an event in hopes of attracting new players, and then they come to a broken and miss handled game.

I understand where you’re coming from. They really do have bugs that need to be taken care of. The servers are having major issues and it’s everyone that’s suffering. It’s to the point where it’s at least once or twice a game that my screen will freeze for a solid five seconds. I wasn’t trying to attack you either, it’s just so often I see people blame the emphasis on Competitive/Pro play that it makes my blood boil. I don’t think all 2.7M were from req packs. I also get that they should focus on the community concerns, because they are your most valuable assets in the game.

Had the Forge been the same as the one found in Reach, 4, and 2A, I’d have been done with game a long time ago.

Maybe even have beaten some of my other games that I bought and hardly played…

I’d like the forge team to give Warzone Forge a go, which would be a big refresher if we can have talented forgers make or edit existing WZ maps with French’s tools.

He’s not the hero we deserve, but he is the hero we need