Toggle option for Red vs Blue in multiplayer?

Personally I am happy with the removal of Red vs Blue but for the community that don’t like it they could add a toggle option to make the players Red vs Blue maybe?

I’m a bit on the fence about this. On one hand I like to show of my own design, on the other RvB makes things more clear.

Having a toggle would be a solution, but then you’d might get some advantage because of colour schemes blending and not blending with the environment.

> 2533274870489921;2:
> I’m a bit on the fence about this. On one hand I like to show of my own design, on the other RvB makes things more clear.
>
> Having a toggle would be a solution, but then you’d might get some advantage because of colour schemes blending and not blending with the environment.

I really like the idea of using my Spartan coatings. I am sure they could work something out just for the players that don’t like it

> 2535470577510959;1:
> Personally I am happy with the removal of Red vs Blue but for the community that don’t like it they could add a toggle option to make the players Red vs Blue maybe?

I feel like if people really want it, there will be an option for it, but I wouldnt force that option either.

Besides, being able to show your true colours regardless of gametypes is pretty darn cool in my opinion. Call me nuts but the Red Vs Blue colours being enforced drove me insane.

RvB is for boomers. lol

Seriously though, I think 343 is getting some unnecessary hate over some pretty reasonable changes - RvB being no more is no big deal, if it was up to some of the Halo community we would be playing the same Halo for the next 20 years - Halo needs to modernize for the wider audience while still managing to appeal to the hardcore fans.

Personally, RvB being no more is a step in the right direction.

> 2533274870489921;2:
> I’m a bit on the fence about this. On one hand I like to show of my own design, on the other RvB makes things more clear.
>
> Having a toggle would be a solution, but then you’d might get some advantage because of colour schemes blending and not blending with the environment.

But if there was a toggle, then no one would be at a disadvantage since they’d have the option to get that advantage.

The issue I could see is players feeling like they’re forced to turn that toggle on rather than show their coatings. I would even think that feature would hurt the microtransactions.

I think it would be good to have a toggle. I know many will miss the red vs blue system and many others won’t, but my eyes having an option to toggle a red vs blue mode or a enemy outline mode depending on the players preference would be a great compromise.

I’ll miss red vs blue for nostalgia sake, but I don’t think it’s necessary these days. There’s plenty of ways to clearly indicate who’s friendly and who’s not. Plus, it was always kind of frustrating customizing my Spartan but never being able to show it off in game (except for FFA). Is that vain of me to say? Absolutely, but what part about customizing our armor isn’t? Haha

> 2533274826353946;6:
> > 2533274870489921;2:
> > I’m a bit on the fence about this. On one hand I like to show of my own design, on the other RvB makes things more clear.
> >
> > Having a toggle would be a solution, but then you’d might get some advantage because of colour schemes blending and not blending with the environment.
>
> But if there was a toggle, then no one would be at a disadvantage since they’d have the option to get that advantage.
>
> The issue I could see is players feeling like they’re forced to turn that toggle on rather than show their coatings. I would even think that feature would hurt the microtransactions.

The issue you descibed is what I was trying to get at. Totally agree!

I suggested the same thing in another thread yesterday. I agree it would be a cool toggle. I’m also for being able to keep your colours but rvb has been in Halo so long I think it’d be nice if you could choose to keep it.

I think we need to wait and see what the coloured outlines (the colour of which we can choose) look like.

I would like this! I have actually wanted customized armor color in team slayer for a long time, since Halo 3, but my workaround would have been to add a small red or blue flag on the armor to tell players apart. Their system now seems to be to outline players in red, and I don’t really like this system. It takes the organic, real feel of it and makes it more digital, less immersive. I would love to see an option for showing players as red or blue. That being said, they’re kinda making one of my childhood wishes for Halo come true here…kinda. I really wanted it so we could show off our custom colors in team slayer, but now, they’re gonna be armor coatings that someone else designed, not my custom colors. That really kinda breaks my heart, but I hold hope for a way for them to keep the armor coating system and add base player color customization, in fact, an advanced color customization to change each armor piece’s color, which we haven’t seen before. There is a way for them to do this if they add special effects to the armor coatings that are not available in base player customization, such as blood, black scoring marks, scratches, dents, matte or polished finishing, color gradients, etc. I would like to make a forum post about this soon

> 2533274817438690;12:
> Their system now seems to be to outline players in red, and I don’t really like this system.

Or another colour of your choosing. Perhaps another colour would make it look less digital.

I hope they include a content filter to make teams RvB. There’s a basis for this because if you look at the flag from the trailer, teams are still identified by Red and Blue, so a toggle would be great. I get that 343i wants players to be able to take their cosmetics into multiplayer that they pay for (and for other players to show off what they have purchased/unlocked), but it would be nice to have something simple like Red/Blue identification for competitive play. Plus, that highlight system looks kind of ugly. However, it does at least solve Halo’s lighting issue that 5 struggled with.

After seeing the outlines and shield flare at the same time, I’ve doubled down on wanting a team color toggle. The outlines combined with the shield flare makes it incredibly hard to tell, and players in the periphery are hard to tell without taking away too much attention

They should have kept the original primary/secondary/extra color customization system, but changed only the primary color for social, but primary and secondary for ranked. The only time I would want a team based PvP game without team colors is in Invasion, but unfortunately 343i hates elites…

I don’t think that it’s a good idea to have a toggle for that. Part of this game is the push for increased customization and if a player has the ability to just overlook that make you whatever color they want I do not think that that is a good idea. Goes against the point I think.

I dont understand the thinking of removing red vs blue

Why stop at RvB? I think it would be nice if you could chose the colors of the teams to be green purple or any other color or at least be able to change the color of the outlines this would be especially nice for people who’re blind to certain colors

> 2535470577510959;1:
> Personally I am happy with the removal of Red vs Blue but for the community that don’t like it they could add a toggle option to make the players Red vs Blue maybe?

We will apparently get the option to pick what color our team is, and what color the enemy stuff is.

I hope that we get an option to override other players’ coatings with team colors in team-based games. I would personally use that.