Today is a sad to be a Halo fan

I got on Halo to play the new playlist. I, like most, was unhappy to hear how the game mode works. I play one game and get battle creek. I was excited to see such an iconic map in Halo 5.

I was embarrassed to be a Halo fan while playing the playlist. The Ttk is way too fast and I didn’t even remotely get a “classic Halo vibe”.

This is the most disgraceful thing 343 has done so far. They tell us it is a classic playlist. I still see Spartan abilities. They tell us that this is to celebrate Halo’s 15th Anniversary. All they did was disgrace it. They had a chance to bring back old halo fans and they blew it…

I agree. It didn’t feel right playing with abilities on classic maps. Not to mention the pistol is so easy to use that anyone with no thumbs can three shot people from across the map.

Haven’t played it but are you serious? Spartan Abilities in a classic gametype when they can turn them off. not to mention the ability to make weapon tweaks. WTF

Yeah, I was hoping for a classic playlist with a classic speed, but Ske7ch already popped that bubble for me a few days ago in his blog. I can’t wait to play on the classic maps, but I wish they at least took out the spartan abilities (i.e. sprint, thrust, etc.).

Looks like I’m not going to be trying this playlist. Sounds awful.

I’m not surprised, 343i wouldn’t know Halo if Master Chief went to their office and b-slapped them all across the face for disgracing this franchise.

> 2535437652903765;5:
> Looks like I’m not going to be trying this playlist. Sounds awful.

The maps are fun to play around in it just feels soulless with all the new stuff.

> 2535434457651384;6:
> I’m not surprised, 343i wouldn’t know Halo if Master Chief went to their office and b-slapped them all across the face for disgracing this franchise.

If only he did, they deserve it

> 2535426003987045;7:
> > 2535437652903765;5:
> > Looks like I’m not going to be trying this playlist. Sounds awful.
>
>
> The maps are fun to play around in it just feels soulless with all the new stuff.

Ohh yeah. The maps are amazing. But 343 didn’t even make them. The unpaid forgers did.

Don’t want abilities go play MCC or customs… yeah I said it. They told us in the update how the playlist would work

I find it ironic that you think the time to kill is too fast, unfortunately for you the god pistol has always been a three shot, as for the SB’s I don’t exactly mind them but it would be a tad bit better without sprint but that’s subjective :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274924401014;9:
> > 2535426003987045;7:
> > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > Looks like I’m not going to be trying this playlist. Sounds awful.
> >
> >
> > The maps are fun to play around in it just feels soulless with all the new stuff.
>
>
> Ohh yeah. The maps are amazing. But 343 didn’t even make them. The unpaid forgers did.

Now hold on their pal, we don’t know if they weren’t paid. 343i likely handed out candy and participation awards.

> 2533274963908871;8:
> > 2535434457651384;6:
> > I’m not surprised, 343i wouldn’t know Halo if Master Chief went to their office and b-slapped them all across the face for disgracing this franchise.
>
>
> If only he did, they deserve it

If I was an animator, this would’ve been a video on youtube about a month before infection released.

> 2535426003987045;7:
> > 2535437652903765;5:
> > Looks like I’m not going to be trying this playlist. Sounds awful.
>
>
> The maps are fun to play around in it just feels soulless with all the new stuff.

That’s unfortunate. Maybe I will play a match or two, just so I can play on the maps.

Stuff you mate.

> 2535434348077788;15:
> Stuff you mate.

343 fan boy?

So much salt… I just played it and it’s awesome.

> 2533274832880993;11:
> I find it ironic that you think the time to kill is too fast, unfortunately for you the god pistol has always been a three shot

The difference is the original pistol plays nothing like the H5 version. It was a lot harder to get 3 shot kills in the original as opposed to the H5 one where it’s almost guaranteed.

> 2533274924401014;1:
> I got on Halo to play the new playlist. I, like most, was unhappy to hear how the game mode works. I play one game and get battle creek. I was excited to see such an iconic map in Halo 5.
>
> I was embarrassed to be a Halo fan while playing the playlist. The Ttk is way too fast and I didn’t even remotely get a “classic Halo vibe”.
>
> This is the most disgraceful thing 343 has done so far. They tell us it is a classic playlist. I still see Spartan abilities. They tell us that this is to celebrate Halo’s 15th Anniversary. All they did was disgrace it. They had a chance to bring back old halo fans and they blew it…

I feel like this is s slight overreaction, but it is definitely not classic as it has a tonne of Spartan abilities (which I like in halo 5) but don’t belong in a classic playlist, and secondly, isn’t really halo, the fast ttk and Spartan abilities remind me of titan fall rather than halo, I feel like it is a let down as “veterans” who return to play a “classic” playlist will be thoroughly disappointed

/my two cents

> 2533274816788253;17:
> So much salt… I just played it and it’s awesome.

I know right? They already said that spartan abilities would still be present. If they want “classic halo” so bad, they’d be playing MCC. Their “glory days” Halo is never coming back. Get over it.