To Those That Don't Want Sprint

I understand wanting to relive the glory days and keep Halo self-contained in its greatness that it has been in years past, but I know for a fact that people take one quick look at a shooter now and say “where’s sprint?”, and then quickly move on to other games. The knee-jerk reaction that some morons in the community have is “good, go play COD, we don’t want you”. But in reality, we need to understand that Halo is a dying breed, and those of us that grew up loving the originals are now approaching our late twenties and thirties, and the brand’s popularity is dying because we’re clinging on to old mechanics. If getting more Halo games means modernizing the game and adding sprint (albeit without breaking the CORE of Halo and ensuring proper balancing and implementation), then so be it. I love Halo too much to watch it die because the community is unwilling to adopt change in the modern day.

If you insist in clinging onto decade old mechanics, this franchise will die. 343 has done a tremendous job with Halo 5 in bringing new, fresh things to Halo without breaking the core of the game, IMO. This is a HUGE improvement over Halo 4, and something I really hope the community will ultimately get behind.

THIS

CS, Dragon age …

Great points op. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

> 2533274805230315;3:
> CS, Dragon age …

What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.

The only problem i have with sprint is sometimes ill get into a fight and have to back track to stay alive and it will not let me sprint at all i keep hitting the button and nothing happens and i have to stay still and then try to sprint, is this normal? or do i need to learn how to sprint better? other wise i love Halo 5 :smiley: and the why am i getting put into games with 4 onyx vs me, 1 other gold an onyx and an unranked!? the other team has 4.0+ KVD and above! mine has no games played, -0.9 and 2.3! those are so uneven! im screwed

.

> 2533274892061674;5:
> What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.

There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.

I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.

> 2533274892061674;5:
> > 2533274805230315;3:
> > CS, Dragon age …
>
>
> What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.

Counter stike is still as popular as ever, and so is team fortress as well.

Imgur

> 2533274805230315;8:
> > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > 2533274805230315;3:
> > > CS, Dragon age …
> >
> >
> >
> > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
>
>
> Counter stike is still as popular as ever, and so is team fortress as well.
>
> http://imgur.com/dN8yZCt

Nobody plays counter strike on console. It’s dead. If Microsoft wanted to compete with PC games, it would bring Halo to PC again. And again, you’re referencing old games. If that’s your argument, then go play the MCC. The servers will be up for some time.

> 2533274892061674;1:
> I understand wanting to relive the glory days and keep Halo self-contained in its greatness that it has been in years past, but I know for a fact that people take one quick look at a shooter now and say “where’s sprint?”, and then quickly move on to other games. The knee-jerk reaction that some morons in the community have is “good, go play COD, we don’t want you”. But in reality, we need to understand that Halo is a dying breed, and those of us that grew up loving the originals are now approaching our late twenties and thirties, and the brand’s popularity is dying because we’re clinging on to old mechanics. If getting more Halo games means modernizing the game and adding sprint (albeit without breaking the CORE of Halo and ensuring proper balancing and implementation), then so be it. I love Halo too much to watch it die because the community is unwilling to adopt change in the modern day.
>
> If you insist in clinging onto decade old mechanics, this franchise will die. 343 has done a tremendous job with Halo 5 in bringing new, fresh things to Halo without breaking the core of the game, IMO. This is a HUGE improvement over Halo 4, and something I really hope the community will ultimately get behind.

The argument that sprint is in every other modern shooter isn’t a good reason as to why it needs to be in halo. There have been numerous points brought up on various sites as to why it should be completely removed, because of how it harms halos core gameplay. Copying other shooters isn’t going to keep halo a relevant game on the market. If I want to play a modern shooter i’ll just throw in battlefield or call of duty. I don’t need to play a game that has been infected by elements of those two franchises.

> 2533274822483191;10:
> > 2533274892061674;1:
> > I understand wanting to relive the glory days and keep Halo self-contained in its greatness that it has been in years past, but I know for a fact that people take one quick look at a shooter now and say “where’s sprint?”, and then quickly move on to other games. The knee-jerk reaction that some morons in the community have is “good, go play COD, we don’t want you”. But in reality, we need to understand that Halo is a dying breed, and those of us that grew up loving the originals are now approaching our late twenties and thirties, and the brand’s popularity is dying because we’re clinging on to old mechanics. If getting more Halo games means modernizing the game and adding sprint (albeit without breaking the CORE of Halo and ensuring proper balancing and implementation), then so be it. I love Halo too much to watch it die because the community is unwilling to adopt change in the modern day.
> >
> > If you insist in clinging onto decade old mechanics, this franchise will die. 343 has done a tremendous job with Halo 5 in bringing new, fresh things to Halo without breaking the core of the game, IMO. This is a HUGE improvement over Halo 4, and something I really hope the community will ultimately get behind.
>
>
> The argument that sprint is in every other modern shooter isn’t a good reason as to why it needs to be in halo. There have been numerous points brought up on various sites as to why it should be completely removed, because of how it harms halos core gameplay. Copying other shooters isn’t going to keep halo a relevant game on the market. If I want to play a modern shooter i’ll just throw in battlefield or call of duty. I don’t need to play a game that has been infected by elements of those two franchises.

Sprint in Halo 5 does not harm the core gameplay. Those that are saying this are full of -Yoink-.

> 2533274819302824;7:
> .
>
> > 2533274892061674;5:
> > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
>
>
>
> There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
>
> I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.

Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?

…well maybe TMCC…lol

another??

the overall majority want sprint…just a few guys here dont like it and they make the most noise…

so 343 listen to the majority and the pro player which all want sprint…

> 2533274792298986;12:
> > 2533274819302824;7:
> > .
> >
> > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> >
> > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
>
>
>
> Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
>
> …well maybe TMCC…lol
>
> another??

Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?

Even if Halo plays follow the leader it’s still doomed to a low turnout.

> 2533274819302824;13:
> > 2533274792298986;12:
> > > 2533274819302824;7:
> > > .
> > >
> > > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> > >
> > > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
> >
> > …well maybe TMCC…lol
> >
> > another??
>
>
>
> Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?

Ever heard of Halo?

Oh dont forget…TITANFALL…

> 2533274792298986;14:
> > 2533274819302824;13:
> > > 2533274792298986;12:
> > > > 2533274819302824;7:
> > > > .
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
> > >
> > > …well maybe TMCC…lol
> > >
> > > another??
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?
>
>
>
> Ever heard of Halo?

Except Halo is dead at this point, barely anyone is playing it?

> 2533274819302824;13:
> > 2533274792298986;12:
> > > 2533274819302824;7:
> > > .
> > >
> > > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> > >
> > > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
> >
> > …well maybe TMCC…lol
> >
> > another??
>
>
> Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?
>
> Even if Halo plays follow the leader it’s still doomed to a low turnout.

Only thing doomed about it is it being an Xbox exclusive. Could you imagine how much “bigger” Halo 5 would be as a multiplat!? AW is a connection mess… BF4 is on its last legs… H5 could have been a game changer on the big two consoles and PC.

> 2533274819302824;15:
> > 2533274792298986;14:
> > > 2533274819302824;13:
> > > > 2533274792298986;12:
> > > > > 2533274819302824;7:
> > > > > .
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > > > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
> > > >
> > > > …well maybe TMCC…lol
> > > >
> > > > another??
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ever heard of Halo?
>
>
> Except Halo is dead at this point, barely anyone is playing it?

TITANFALL…:slight_smile:

great game…

> 2758454771772761;16:
> > 2533274819302824;13:
> > > 2533274792298986;12:
> > > > 2533274819302824;7:
> > > > .
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > > > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > There’s like over 400k people playing CS right now while all Halo games in total probably have one tenth that amount combined.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve heard your argument a million times. It’s neither compelling nor sincere.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Did you know one fps console game with no sprint and what are the player stats?
> > >
> > > …well maybe TMCC…lol
> > >
> > > another??
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you know one shooter besides Call of Duty and Battlefield that is still popular on consoles, regardless of that shooters mechanics?
> >
> > Even if Halo plays follow the leader it’s still doomed to a low turnout.
>
>
>
> Only thing doomed about it is it being an Xbox exclusive. Could you imagine how much “bigger” Halo 5 would be as a multiplat!? AW is a connection mess… BF4 is on its last legs… H5 could have been a game changer on the big two consoles and PC.

I thought the argument was “Halo needs sprint to be popular” and not “Halo needs to be multi-platform to be popular”.

> TITANFALL…:)great game…

Besides being entirely irrelevant, let’s see the population numbers for Titanfall then.

> 2533274805230315;8:
> > 2533274892061674;5:
> > > 2533274805230315;3:
> > > CS, Dragon age …
> >
> >
> >
> > What about them? Counter Strike is a dying breed, and Dragon Age is an RPG. Thanks for making my point.
>
>
> Counter stike is still as popular as ever, and so is team fortress as well.
>
> http://imgur.com/dN8yZCt

These are completely different examples to Halo. Team Fortress is a free to play game on the most popular game service out there - steam, so of course it is going to have more users; you get steam, you get team fortress. Counter Strike isn’t a very good example either. While it is still popular with its core audience, it is a completely different game to Halo and does not welcome casuals at all. New players have a very tough time in CS. It is a very tactical shooter with a player base that gets annoyed if the slightest thing is changed, and caters to a huge e sports audience. Besides, both games are on PC, which is an entirely different beast to consoles. Counter Strike GO came out on 360. Did anyone play it? No.
Dragon Age has changed. Have you seen the combat in Inquisition? Plus its an RPG, as OP said.

And here is my point…
They just dont play it because it is just outdated…really nobody needs another halo2 br naide spawn fest…
If 343 makes what the sprint hater like then halo is going to die forever…
halo 5 have a chance against cod/battlefield…when it evolves and bring in fast paces skill bases mechanics…which also includes sprint of course!

when you really hate it that much and just want a halo 2.5…why dont you play halo2 Aniversery?