To the People who Complain about Teams in BTB

There’s an easy solution to all this. If you do this, I guarantee you your games will go much better. Just play with a team. The playlist is called Big Team Battle for a reason. Don’t blame the teams for beating you when they have full communication. Trust me if you play with a team, I guarantee you your win percentage will go up a lot. I play with a team in BTB and we’re undefeated every time we go into BTB on Friday and Saturday.

343 could just implement actual team based matchmaking too, it was something games 10 years ago had.

Playing with teams should enhance the experience, not be required for it.

> 2533274923562209;2:
> 343 could just implement actual team based matchmaking too, it was something games 10 years ago had.

That too. Didn’t Halo 3 and Halo Reach have team based matchmaking? I find it funny how 343 can’t do this when Bungie did on a less powerful console.

> 2533274883849234;3:
> Playing with teams should enhance the experience, not be required for it.

You also shouldn’t search solo in BTB knowing that you’re most likely gonna get matched up against a full team. Especially when there’s a high chance you could run into a team that’ll keep killing you after they’ve capped 2 flags then score the last one in the final minute.

> 2533274923562209;2:
> 343 could just implement actual team based matchmaking too, it was something games 10 years ago had.

This… Although that worked back then because of the huge population. Now with it being pretty small that type of matchmaking would mean longer wait time for matches and odds are teams complaining of playing the same teams over and over.

I am a solo gamer and just don’t play the team stuff to often in H5. Quitters have been the ones to ruin it for me not the teams. I can take a one sided whooping but when players quit out and it’s just constant death that is no fun. I tried looking for a team or Spartan company but to many had lame stipulations like game types you had to play or certain amount of play time ECT… I like being solo so I can play at my own pace and what ever game type I happen to feel like. I can jump around playlist quite often. I like my freedom of being online and not feel obligated to play with a team all the time. Not to mention I do shift work so I am online at all different times.

The only problem I have with BTB is playing CTF. I could care less if I lose slayer 100-20 to a good team when I’m playing with randoms.

I like CTF, but not in BTB, cause 90% of the time neither team plays the objective and it becomes a boring 30 minute slayer match that nobody wins.

> 2533274821761464;7:
> The only problem I have with BTB is playing CTF. I could care less if I lose slayer 100-20 to a good team when I’m playing with randoms.
>
> I like CTF, but not in BTB, cause 90% of the time neither team plays the objective and it becomes a boring 30 minute slayer match that nobody wins.

I know that feeling. It becomes really tedious when both teams don’t go for the objective. I can understand if the teams are at a stalemate and they both can’t cap a flag, but if its obvious that they’re both not going for the flag, its just stupid. Its even worse in Strongholds when your whole team goes for kills but you still lose because the other team beat you because they went for the objective and scored 145 points.

> 2535421519140936;5:
> You also shouldn’t search solo in BTB knowing that you’re most likely gonna get matched up against a full team.

You could say that about any playlist with the exception of FFA.

Saying to just play with a team isn’t a solution. Some people don’t have friends, none of their friends are online, don’t get their invites accepted from random people, or just have a limited time to play with or without friends.

> 2533274821761464;7:
> The only problem I have with BTB is playing CTF. I could care less if I lose slayer 100-20 to a good team when I’m playing with randoms.
>
> I like CTF, but not in BTB, cause 90% of the time neither team plays the objective and it becomes a boring 30 minute slayer match that nobody wins.

This as well… Separate btb between objective and slayer and I would play BTB slayer all day.

If this is the sentiment to have, then why bother having the ability to search solo to begin with? Might as well remove it everywhere except FFA.

Implementing team based matchmaking is much more effective than “Just don’t search solo”

> 2533274923562209;2:

This would be preferred. I like lone wolfing game types usually in general and I prefer mostly randomers instead of big teams that just spawn camp.

> 2533274833081329;11:
> If this is the sentiment to have, then why bother having the ability to search solo to begin with? Might as well remove it everywhere except FFA.
>
> Implementing team based matchmaking is much more effective than “Just don’t search solo”

EXACTLY THIS!!! Why does 343 offer the ability to search all the “Team” lists as a solo??? They offer a choice, but then then they construct the matchmaking to ignore it. Really not too smart on their part, and a very big reason many players feel so much frustration with H5 and have mostly stopped playing it. It’s been complained about for a year and all we ever get is, “we’re working on a fix…”

> 2533274883849234;3:

Exactly the reason why we need party vs party and solo vs solo queuing. Not this BS “Reduce max party size” solution.
Yes, it’s fun to play with friends, but you shouldn’t feel like you have a massive disadvantage for playing on your own.

Matching teams vs teams first and foremost seems like the most logical solution. One that should have been the case since day one. It’s a complete no brainer.

So why do I have a feeling 343 will address one sided btb games by reducing the fireteam limit to 4?

On thats right. That’s how they “fixed” warzone. Well that worked well didn’t it? Just ask the players who search non peak times or the ones that play against the same players 5 games in a row just how well removing teams from a playlist works.

solo players who quit ruin btb. Not teams. The reason I like to run with a team. Because I have teammates who will actually play the game. They will stick it out even when we match btb legends, allegience,or 2 pros, not quit out and leave the other guys to get stomped on their own. And I can pick up a power weapon without having some idiot try and team kill me for it only to hand it over to the other team.

> 2535473635314008;15:
> Matching teams vs teams first and foremost seems like the most logical solution. One that should have been the case since day one. It’s a complete no brainer.
>
> So why do I have a feeling 343 will address one sided btb games by reducing the fireteam limit to 4?
>
> On thats right. That’s how they “fixed” warzone. Well that worked well didn’t it? Just ask the players who search non peak times or the ones that play against the same players 5 games in a row just how well removing teams from a playlist works.
>
> solo players who quit ruin btb. Not teams. The reason I like to run with a team. Because I have teammates who will actually play the game. They will stick it out even when we match btb legends, allegience,or 2 pros, not quit out and leave the other guys to get stomped on their own. And I can pick up a power weapon without having some idiot try and team kill me for it only to hand it over to the other team.

You’ve got a great, convicted team. I like that. I remember when me and my team matched against those companies in BTB before and embarrassed them.

That aside, playing with a team is great. What I like most about it is each of your teammates specialize in a certain weapon or vehicle. On my team, I’m our dedicated Banshee and Wasp pilot. Well me and 3 buddies of mine. I got an Unfrigg on Viking with a one shot Banshee once.

> 2535421519140936;5:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> > Playing with teams should enhance the experience, not be required for it.
>
> You also shouldn’t search solo in BTB knowing that you’re most likely gonna get matched up against a full team. Especially when there’s a high chance you could run into a team that’ll keep killing you after they’ve capped 2 flags then score the last one in the final minute.

Whoosh There he goes folks, missing the point entirely!

Players shouldn’t need a team to play and enjoy Warzone or the Social side of Halo 5. There’s a reason the fireteam cap was put in place on Warzone and Warzone Assault and that’s because solo players and smaller fireteams, the majority of the Halo 5 population, couldn’t enjoy the game.

You should not need to play with a friend or friends in a fireteam to enjoy Halo. They should enhance the experience but never, ever, be required to enjoy it.

> 2533274883849234;17:
> > 2535421519140936;5:
> > > 2533274883849234;3:
> > > Playing with teams should enhance the experience, not be required for it.
> >
> > You also shouldn’t search solo in BTB knowing that you’re most likely gonna get matched up against a full team. Especially when there’s a high chance you could run into a team that’ll keep killing you after they’ve capped 2 flags then score the last one in the final minute.
>
> Whoosh There he goes folks, missing the point entirely!
>
> Players shouldn’t need a team to play and enjoy Warzone or the Social side of Halo 5. There’s a reason the fireteam cap was put in place on Warzone and Warzone Assault and that’s because solo players and smaller fireteams, the majority of the Halo 5 population, couldn’t enjoy the game.
>
> You should not need to play with a friend or friends in a fireteam to enjoy Halo. They should enhance the experience but never, ever, be required to enjoy it.

Getting off topic for a moment here. I gotta correct you on this. You’re completely wrong. 343 put a fireteam cap on Warzone and WZ Assault because the teams started quick coring. Teams like Winner, Dominated, Devastated, 2pRos, Alliegance, Contempt and Whiskey were farming solo players and even other teams for months on end and 343 didn’t do a damn thing about it. You wanna know why? Because when they were farming, they were calling in tons and tons of overpowered Req Weapons and Vehicles which made 343 a crapload of money. The longer the games were, the more money they made. When teams started to quick core and hurry up to get their XP, 343 wasn’t making as much money so they put a fireteam cap on to appease the solo players, but only after the 12 man teams stopped farming. Also even if solo players outnumber the teams, it’s not by a huge margin given how the teams caused a big enough problem causing 343 to intervene after they stopped farming.

Back on topic, true you shouldn’t need to play with a team, but if you get your butt ripped open by a stacked lobby, you don’t blame the team. You blame the matchmaking system for matching solo players against full teams. Also like I said, the playlist is called Big Team Battle. Emphasis on team. It’s not required you play with a team, but it is very highly recommended. It’s the same thing with Warzone. Solo players need to stop whining and actually play with a team for once if they’re so tired of getting steamrolled.

I’m all for team’s playing other teams, but to a point.

There has to be some restrictions in here. You can’t have a team of platinums playing a team of say Onyx’s for example. That would be horrible matchmaking. Teams shouldn’t play the same team twice. If a team got crushed the first time, odds are they will again and that’s not fun for anyone.

If the game​ can match up two teams for similar skill, great I’m all for it, but otherwise, no.

Also there shouldn’t be team only playlists, that’s not the answer. Just have a good match making system in place and your good. From what I’ve been reading by 343I in what they are fixing in Halo 5 system and what they want to do in future halo’s, I’m confident they can do this as well.

> 2533274883849234;3:

You are already on a team when the match starts. The only difference between you and a premade is that they communicate, and you do not. It really is not hard to invite everyone on your team to a party while respawning. Sure, not all will join, but even 3-4 coordinated players will make a difference. I remember back when Achilles first landed and I was a solo warzone player, getting wrecked by companies. You know what I did? Plugged in a mic, invited everyone. We still lost, but only by 50-100 for the matches where that happened (instead of being farmed and losing by like 500pts), and we made them use a ton of reqs. Sometimes, we even won. Why am I talking about Warzone? Because in BTB, premade teams have no other advantages like reqs, just teamwork/communication. While in warzone, they have reqs. i.e BTB=more balanced.

Literally no reason not to communicate with your team. If you still lose? So what, you are sure to have a few more players after each match join up with you in party chat.