To the Developers

We are all disappointed. And rightly so. We paid money, time, and probably planed for a finished, functioning product, and did not receive one. This is unacceptable! for there to be this many problems on day one, there is no way they had no knowledge of the issues, and/or they did not properly test the networks and could not know the problem. Either way, they failed to do their job, and we deserve better. I do not want a refund, as once they fix the issues i will play the game. I planned a LAN party for the midnight launch of MCC and i was GREATLY disappointed! Not only could We not find a game in a decent amount of time, we could not even stay in a co-op campaign together!!! the host would be fine but everyone else had crippling lag. Not to mention it took all of us 5-6 hrs to install the game so we ended up playing Titanfall instead for the whole night. I have been warning my customers at Gamestop about these same issues, because i do not want to have to explain out “no return of New games” policy. There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost. I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.

> 2533274813935233;1:
> We are all disappointed. And rightly so. We paid money, time, and probably planed for a finished, functioning product, and did not receive one. This is unacceptable! for there to be this many problems on day one, there is no way they had no knowledge of the issues, and/or they did not properly test the networks and could not know the problem. Either way, they failed to do their job, and we deserve better. I do not want a refund, as once they fix the issues i will play the game. I planned a LAN party for the midnight launch of MCC and i was GREATLY disappointed! Not only could We not find a game in a decent amount of time, we could not even stay in a co-op campaign together!!! the host would be fine but everyone else had crippling lag. Not to mention it took all of us 5-6 hrs to install the game so we ended up playing Titanfall instead for the whole night. I have been warning my customers at Gamestop about these same issues, because i do not want to have to explain out “no return of New games” policy. There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost. I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.

I’m not disappointment. It’s a few glitches that will be fixed in due time. You act like they engineered the disk to explode 1 day after use. No, these problems are reversible. They will fix it, and we will then have our money’s worth. They owe us nothing aside from fixing the game. No apology, no apology gift, no anything, except for what they promised us from our money. That’s all.
Anyone who expects more than that is to self-entitled and selfish. You spent $60 for the game. Your full game has simply been delayed. Nothing more. You will have it soon enough, be patient and supportive of 343I.

> 2533274813935233;1:
> There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost.

A formal apology…? Serious…will an apology make you feel better?

> 2533274813935233;1:
> I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.

I guess you didn’t play Halo Reach or Halo 4, because both games were worse than this, even with all the bugs it has. This game has a lot of potential. Like the other guy said, be positive and supportive.

A formal apology…okay Dad. Keep scolding them and maybe you’ll get your wish.

> 2533274974033696;2:
> > 2533274813935233;1:
> > We are all disappointed. And rightly so. We paid money, time, and probably planed for a finished, functioning product, and did not receive one. This is unacceptable! for there to be this many problems on day one, there is no way they had no knowledge of the issues, and/or they did not properly test the networks and could not know the problem. Either way, they failed to do their job, and we deserve better. I do not want a refund, as once they fix the issues i will play the game. I planned a LAN party for the midnight launch of MCC and i was GREATLY disappointed! Not only could We not find a game in a decent amount of time, we could not even stay in a co-op campaign together!!! the host would be fine but everyone else had crippling lag. Not to mention it took all of us 5-6 hrs to install the game so we ended up playing Titanfall instead for the whole night. I have been warning my customers at Gamestop about these same issues, because i do not want to have to explain out “no return of New games” policy. There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost. I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.
>
>
> I’m not disappointment. It’s a few glitches that will be fixed in due time. You act like they engineered the disk to explode 1 day after use. No, these problems are reversible. They will fix it, and we will then have our money’s worth. They owe us nothing aside from fixing the game. No apology, no apology gift, no anything, except for what they promised us from our money. That’s all.
> Anyone who expects more than that is to self-entitled and selfish. You spent $60 for the game. Your full game has simply been delayed. Nothing more. You will have it soon enough, be patient and supportive of 343I.

Since when is it OK to take someone’s money and deliver them an unfinished, unplayable product?

The fact of the matter is they shouldn’t have released the game as it is. It would have been better to iron out these bugs with a few more weeks of development. Instead they sold us a super hyped up beta/preview of the game.

If we hadn’t paid anything, you would be correct in saying they don’t owe us anything. But since they’ve yet to deliver us a working product 3 days after launch, they owe us some form of explanation, compensation, ect. At least that would be the smart thing to do in order to smooth this whole thing over. Sort of saying “Yeah, we know we screwed up, but to make it up to all of you we’re giving you a free map or a free something to let you know we care and are sorry for releasing the game when it wasn’t ready.” Otherwise, I’ll continue to think that they don’t really care that they did it like this.

I’m saying this more to the industry as a whole than to 343 directly. If we allow them to have crappy, bug infested launches, they’ll keep doing it. If we stand up and tell them that it’s not OK, they’ll remember that an unfinished product can not go out until it is finished. No day one patch, no updates to make it work correctly (other than server-side updates to compensate for traffic, etc.) Saying that it’s OK will just let them do it again with Halo 5.

Halo Reach had a rough beta launch, but it was fixed within hours. I wasn’t around for the Halo 4 launch so I don’t know how it went. The fact that this hasn’t been fixed yet indicates that it requires more than a simple update, meaning it wasn’t ready when the game came out, which in any other industry and in any other situation is completely unacceptable. Let’s push for a gaming industry that respects the consumer and quit being so apologetic when somebody literally screws you over.

Thanks for the broken game and wasted money. It’s obvious this game wasn’t finished and was rushed out to try and save the X box one. Well you just gave all the loyal fans a big f you. Yes we all know multiplayer is broken and you’re doing all you can buy it’s still unacceptable. Even with you improvements I’m still seeing lopsided matchs, matches ending early, and I still can’t join a friend not to mention the lag you get when playing even the campaign I’ve been playing halo since xbox the original and I’m never buying another halo game thanks for ruining one of my favorite games of all time smh I can’t believe this crap and anyone who’s says I’m whinning and complaining I have the right to when I paid money for a finished game not a half -Yoinked!- sorry excuse of one

People keep saying it’s an unplayable game, when really one aspect is broken. You have 4 campaigns to play, along with their acheivements. The finished product isn’t 100% obviously, its not close, but it is very playable.

> 2533274976500651;7:
> People keep saying it’s an unplayable game, when really one aspect is broken. You have 4 campaigns to play, along with their acheivements. The finished product isn’t 100% obviously, its not close, but it is very playable.

The only aspect of the game that I can play without bugs is, oddly enough, Halo CE. The only problem is that I have played through that campaign over 100 times on Legendary in my life. Halo 3 doesn’t work. Halo 2A has it’s random bugs and framerate drops, and to be honest, I don’t really want to touch Halo 4’s campaign.

> 2659938529934783;8:
> > 2533274976500651;7:
> > People keep saying it’s an unplayable game, when really one aspect is broken. You have 4 campaigns to play, along with their acheivements. The finished product isn’t 100% obviously, its not close, but it is very playable.
>
>
> The only aspect of the game that I can play without bugs is, oddly enough, Halo CE. The only problem is that I have played through that campaign over 100 times on Legendary in my life. Halo 3 doesn’t work. Halo 2A has it’s random bugs and framerate drops, and to be honest, I don’t really want to touch Halo 4’s campaign.

Lucky you, I walk 2 yards on Halo CE on legendary and die. Rinse and repeat. But that’s not a problem. That’s because I suck at not rushing into things. Either way I don’t wanna touch Halo 4’s campaign either. I will, but I’m not looking forward to it, don’t wanna touch it’s MP either.

All that flying, cloaking and whatever, makes me feel like I’m playing Crysis.

> 2533274974033696;2:
> > 2533274813935233;1:
> > We are all disappointed. And rightly so. We paid money, time, and probably planed for a finished, functioning product, and did not receive one. This is unacceptable! for there to be this many problems on day one, there is no way they had no knowledge of the issues, and/or they did not properly test the networks and could not know the problem. Either way, they failed to do their job, and we deserve better. I do not want a refund, as once they fix the issues i will play the game. I planned a LAN party for the midnight launch of MCC and i was GREATLY disappointed! Not only could We not find a game in a decent amount of time, we could not even stay in a co-op campaign together!!! the host would be fine but everyone else had crippling lag. Not to mention it took all of us 5-6 hrs to install the game so we ended up playing Titanfall instead for the whole night. I have been warning my customers at Gamestop about these same issues, because i do not want to have to explain out “no return of New games” policy. There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost. I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.
>
>
> I’m not disappointment. It’s a few glitches that will be fixed in due time. You act like they engineered the disk to explode 1 day after use. No, these problems are reversible. They will fix it, and we will then have our money’s worth. They owe us nothing aside from fixing the game. No apology, no apology gift, no anything, except for what they promised us from our money. That’s all.
> Anyone who expects more than that is to self-entitled and selfish. You spent $60 for the game. Your full game has simply been delayed. Nothing more. You will have it soon enough, be patient and supportive of 343I.

Definition of few:

a small number or amount.

Definition of glitch:

A minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem.

It is NOT a few glitches… Stop TROLLING!

> 2533274807030681;3:
> > 2533274813935233;1:
> > There needs to be a formal apology for the very obvious failure to produce a working product and some form of compensation for time lost.
>
>
>
> A formal apology…? Serious…will an apology make you feel better?

Do you even realise how this is going to affect 343i’s future? Somebody yesterday pointed out something probably true: other companies will remember this launch as how not to release a game. Day 1 with already 15gb patch, gamebreaking bug for the ranking system, Halo 3 not starting for some people, seldom game crashes anytime any game mode, matchmaking not working. Dude, heads are going to fall at 343i.

> 2533274807030681;3:
> > 2533274813935233;1:
> > I have been buying halo and products since Halo CE and i have never been more disappointed.
>
>
> I guess you didn’t play Halo Reach or Halo 4, because both games were worse than this, even with all the bugs it has. This game has a lot of potential. Like the other guy said, be positive and supportive.

Reach and 4 were not even close to the disaster happening now. I could play them right away online and offline very smoothly since day one. Never felt a glitch. I bought a XBone for this game, and I was about to bring it back (the xbone) because I thought it was faulty: kept crashing, freezing etc. Turns out it was Halo. And I agree, this game has a LOT of potential, especially for what concerns online game modes.

reach was not in any way as bad as this fiasco.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

A formal apology lol. Yeah they’ll get right on that once they get are finished circle jerking on Dan Ayoub’s mega yacht this weekend.

To be honest I am rather disappointed with this collection. Ever since 343i has taken over they had many F*ck ups. They better get there head out of there as$es and start releasing some decent -Yoink-.I am thinking that since they can’t make a decent game(halo 4) then try and failed to remaster and make a collection(this one), people are losing hope.With this so far crappy launch people will remember this and not get Halo 5.Better fix this fast because I am on my way to get a refund( You guys have til the end of next week). If the Halo 5 has issues ,you need to grab your balls 343i and tell Microsoft your not ready and delay. This crap (that someone mentioned) were developers in general are release a unfinished product needs to stop.Stop making promises you cant keep.So far all I’m in for now is the story but due to people posting on YouTube I can just figure out the story that way.

They have apologized (multiple times). Go read the progress updates.

While this should have never happened, it is their first stab at doing dedicated servers, and the lessons they learn will likely go towards making Halo 5’s launch flawless. In the meantime, they’ve actually been extremely open and honest about what’s going on and have been working tirelessly to find resolutions to all issues. They messed up big, but they also owed up to it almost immediately, and began finding solutions as soon as they could, even going so far as to limit certain aspects of the game to try and force a little better performance out while they work on the official fix.

This is incredibly rare among game developers, especially high tier game developers. While we all wait anxiously for everything to get resolved, let’s not forget how awesome 343 has handled the situation. I have faith in them being able to resolve these issues quickly (some seriously deep flaws from the looks of it, so I don’t expect the fixes to come instantly).

They just better learn their lesson for Halo 5. They can kinda mess up on an anniversary repackage, but if they mess up on the next big title after the problems Halo 4 caused in the community, Halo will most certainly die off.

> 2533274974033696;2:
> > 2533274813935233;1:
>
>

Although I agree with most of what you said but I’m sorry, “glitches”? These are beyond “glitches”.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274930563313;13:
>

Lmao

Hey don’t speak for me!!! I’m playing through the campaigns and enjoying them thoroughly. I attempted to join in with matchmaking, but was at first unable. Server issues are a common problem with new and old games. Unfortunately we don’t live in an ideal world. However they are improving and I can imagine over the next week, it will only get better.

The games that I have played, I thought were great, a real blast, 343 has done a great job bringing this collection together. I would have been happy with halo 2, but all four games, is just amazing. The next time you want to complain. Use ‘I’. This will indicate that it is your opinion and won’t genralise us all in your unconstructed criticism.