To The Creater Of The BTB Map Displelled and 343!

THANK YOU!
_Displelled. _These are the kind of maps Halo 5 needs! Big and more vehicle based Big Team Battle maps! And (I think) for the first time this is the first map that features a damn tank.
These are the kind of maps BTB is meant for 343! Not slightly larger arena maps!
To the creator: This map is awesome, the classic forerunner Halo CE design makes it all.

P.S. 343 I think your missing the concept of forerunner made facilities and nature. This is custom-made stuff built by forerunners long ago with ancient advanced technology. But I think 343 is striving to make Halo 5 more Sci-Fi more than Sci-Fi mysterious and militaristic.
We need this not this and this. pls, go back to the classic forerunner design

ITs SUPER reminiscent of old Halo and I love it.

Hey, that guy who made the map actually rolls around here from time to time. He might actually see this.

TimeDipper, I beckon.

I think you have misspelled dispelled multiple times. I normally don’t act as the resident grammar enthusiast, but I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to type “misspelled dispelled.” Really made my night. Also, dispelled IS a wonderful map. I thoroughly enjoy it.

OP, thanks for giving me the opportunity to type misspelled dispelled.

I agree, it’s a really fun, well put together map. I really like playing it. It doesn’t look too bad either.

Yeah, who knew that big maps and lots of vehicles are what people want in BTB. What a crazy concept.

This map is really something. I was able to participate in much of the curation for the BTB refresh, and when we got Dispelled for the first time I was giddy at the sight of the waypoints reminiscent of the waypoints from Halo: CE’s second level, “Halo”. The whole map has that CE vibe, and it plays great to boot. When doing studio playtests of the BTB maps, this one was easily one of that favorites, even getting a huge thumbs up by our creative director. Hats off to the map’s creator (whom I don’t know the handle of, but I hope he/she sees this)!

> 2533274794445927;7:
> This map is really something. I was able to participate in much of the curation for the BTB refresh, and when we got Dispelled for the first time I was giddy at the sight of the waypoints reminiscent of the waypoints from Halo: CE’s second level, “Halo”. The whole map has that CE vibe, and it plays great to boot. When doing studio playtests of the BTB maps, this one was easily one of that favorites, even getting a huge thumbs up by our creative director. Hats off to the map’s creator (whom I don’t know the handle of, but I hope he/she sees this)!

Seen you a lot around here lately. Good to have ya. Also, I posted their GT above.

> 2533274794445927;7:
> This map is really something. I was able to participate in much of the curation for the BTB refresh, and when we got Dispelled for the first time I was giddy at the sight of the waypoints reminiscent of the waypoints from Halo: CE’s second level, “Halo”. The whole map has that CE vibe, and it plays great to boot. When doing studio playtests of the BTB maps, this one was easily one of that favorites, even getting a huge thumbs up by our creative director. Hats off to the map’s creator (whom I don’t know the handle of, but I hope he/she sees this)!

It is nice to see a 343i employee posting here. Maybe I miss it when it happens, but it doesn’t seem to happen all that often.

I am pretty happy with most of the changes made to the btb playlist. Dispelled is one of my favorites.

> 2533274794445927;7:

Now, uh, can we get magnum starts on this and many of the other maps in BTB? Please? The bloody things were designed and tested with magnum starts in mind!

Also OP, the old Recurve (and I mean old old) had a tank but it was in the middle of the map and quickly taken out.

> 2533274794445927;7:

Thanks so much for choosing this map! You guys have a great taste!

> 2533274883849234;10:
> > 2533274794445927;7:
> > This map is really something. I was able to participate in much of the curation for the BTB refresh, and when we got Dispelled for the first time I was giddy at the sight of the waypoints reminiscent of the waypoints from Halo: CE’s second level, “Halo”. The whole map has that CE vibe, and it plays great to boot. When doing studio playtests of the BTB maps, this one was easily one of that favorites, even getting a huge thumbs up by our creative director. Hats off to the map’s creator (whom I don’t know the handle of, but I hope he/she sees this)!
>
>
> Now, uh, can we get magnum starts on this and many of the other maps in BTB? Please? The bloody things were designed and tested with magnum starts in mind!
>
> Also OP, the old Recurve (and I mean old old) had a tank but it was in the middle of the map and quickly taken out.

I remember that tank, yeah it was taken out and turned into a gauss hog

Wow everyone, thanks for the kind words! I am overwhelmed by the positive feedback I have received for Dispelled and seeing posts like this. Knowing that the Halo community is enjoying my work is one of the most rewarding accomplishments I have ever made. Thanks everyone! <3

> 2533274808210415;3:
> Hey, that guy who made the map actually rolls around here from time to time. He might actually see this.
>
> TimeDipper, I beckon.

Thanks for the call Eleventh Sniper :wink:

> 2533274794445927;7:

I never knew how much of an impact my map could make and seeing your comment just put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

While I’m not opposed to 343’s Tron-esque Forerunner designs, I like the simplicity of Bungie’s Forerunner architecture as well, and Dispelled has captured that feeling very well. The Scorpions and Wasps make it a pretty fun map to play on, and it looks really good too. Have to give credit for the designer for making a great map, and credit to 343 for recognizing one.

> 2533274797303698;13:
> -snip-

I figured you would enjoy reading this thread, haha. I’ve only played the map once, but it was very enjoyable.

Totally agree with this thread. Even though I’ve only played on Dispelled the once and I don’t recall that match particularly fondly (or unfondly), I was distinctly wonderstruck. I look forward to playing in that map again, and I really just hope to get to look around it more. I was playing CTF at the time, but a round of Slayer on Dispelled oughta give me the time I need to feel out that map. Thanks for the map, TimeDipper!

> 2533274797303698;13:
> Wow everyone, thanks for the kind words! I am overwhelmed by the positive feedback I have received for Dispelled and seeing posts like this. Knowing that the Halo community is enjoying my work is one of the most rewarding accomplishments I have ever made. Thanks everyone! <3
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274808210415;3:
> > Hey, that guy who made the map actually rolls around here from time to time. He might actually see this.
> >
> > TimeDipper, I beckon.
>
>
> Thanks for the call Eleventh Sniper :wink:
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274794445927;7:
> > This map is really something. I was able to participate in much of the curation for the BTB refresh, and when we got Dispelled for the first time I was giddy at the sight of the waypoints reminiscent of the waypoints from Halo: CE’s second level, “Halo”. The whole map has that CE vibe, and it plays great to boot. When doing studio playtests of the BTB maps, this one was easily one of that favorites, even getting a huge thumbs up by our creative director. Hats off to the map’s creator (whom I don’t know the handle of, but I hope he/she sees this)!
>
>
> I never knew how much of an impact my map could make and seeing your comment just put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Just know that you have made my favorite big team map on halo five and I really hope the success of your map influences the map design for developer made maps going forward in the series

> 2533275050532363;1:
> THANK YOU!
> _Displelled. _These are the kind of maps Halo 5 needs! Big and more vehicle based Big Team Battle maps! And (I think) for the first time this is the first map that features a damn tank.
> These are the kind of maps BTB is meant for 343! Not slightly larger arena maps!
> To the creator: This map is awesome, the classic forerunner Halo CE design makes it all.
>
> P.S. 343 I think your missing the concept of forerunner made facilities and nature. This is custom-made stuff built by forerunners long ago with ancient advanced technology. But I think 343 is striving to make Halo 5 more Sci-Fi more than Sci-Fi mysterious and militaristic.
> We need this not this and this. pls, go back to the classic forerunner design

I hated the old design. The Forerunners should have made awe inspiring structures that defy our understanding of physics, not monolithic tombs. All I could think about when I played the older games was, why a species as advanced and elegant as the Forerunners would be using and creating buildings that look like burial sites.

I jumped in joy when I played Halo 4. Coming out of the cave in Requim and being in awe at these massive floating towers that defy gravity without effort.

> 2533274794445927;7:

Can u tell is why there aren’t any dev made btb maps?

> 2533274797303698;13:
> Wow everyone, thanks for the kind words! I am overwhelmed by the positive feedback I have received for Dispelled and seeing posts like this. Knowing that the Halo community is enjoying my work is one of the most rewarding accomplishments I have ever made. Thanks everyone! <3
> I never knew how much of an impact my map could make and seeing your comment just put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Amazing map dude. Keep up the fantastic work. This is without a doubt my favorite BTB map in the rotation as of right now