To the Casual Community

Why do you care what we as a competitive community want/get?

1-50, a few balanced playlists, etc just to name a couple. Why should you get everything and say that the competitive community should get nothing since we are a minority? That’s like saying that high school football team should get a bigger budget than the basketball or baseball team since they are better and have a bigger fanbase.

The minority shouldn’t be excluded because if we look at Reach we all know how that works out.

I wouldn’t say the competitive community is a minority, in fact from what I’ve seen it’s around half and half roughly. It’s just that in these forums if you’re against many of the changes in Halo 4, or want anything to do with competitive gaming you’re instantly labelled and flamed.

Because only they should get what they want no one else.

And they say the competitive community is needy…

I know reach was the best game ever. And this is not a joke, I really really like reach.

The casual community complained about competitive during the development of Reach. Which is probably why the ranking system got screwed up in the fist place!

why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun? They just want to have fun too and just state what they want. And the competitive side of Halo is far from a minority.

> I know reach was the best game ever. And this is not a joke, I really really like reach.

Sure the sells might show it but the population numbers we see today don’t. Halo 3 was around 250-300k this time in it’s life.

The only reason I can think of is: With ranks, those who like to flaunt them will continue to “put down” others due to being a low rank. Such an example is “You BK you’re only a 24.” I personally don’t understand why anyone would get their feelings hurt because of this.

> why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun? They just want to have fun too and just state what they want. And the competitive side of Halo is far from a minority.

> > I know reach was the best game ever. And this is not a joke, I really really like reach.
>
> Sure the sells might show it but the population numbers we see today don’t. Halo 3 was around 250-300k this time in it’s life.

I don’t care how many people are on, I just really like the game.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

To te MLG wannabee community:

Dissagreeing with you doesn´t make us casuals.

> > why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun? They just want to have fun too and just state what they want. And the competitive side of Halo is far from a minority.

Sure is treated like one.

> > I know reach was the best game ever. And this is not a joke, I really really like reach.
>
> Sure the sells might show it but the population numbers we see today don’t. Halo 3 was around 250-300k this time in it’s life.

… and in 2008 there was a significantly lower amount of total users on XBL…which really just pinpoints just how terrible Reach is. Not just to the competitive community but the entire gaming community… I have a friend, Justin, who is just awful at Halo but is a huge CoD multiplayer fan and competitive player. The first Halo game he played was Reach and decided almost instantly that Halo was bad. I assured him that Bungie failed with Reach and forced him to play Halo 3 campaign and multiplayer. My friend Justin is now a Halo fan for life and a true Halo multiplayer fan for it’s competitiveness and balance: something that Reach was lacking entirely.

> why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun?

Honestly…yes.

They are very salty about us continually dumping on them in matchmaking and mocking them for their low rank and lack of skill. So this is their revenge.

Think most people are just excited about the new halo game but lot of competeive players are doing nothing but giving out about it.
I’d say most casual gamers dont care what happens once they get there game but for some. I wouldn’t mind 1-50 coming back at least the games where much more balanced with it compared to reach but at same time i’m excited about some new ideas like the weapon drops.
Which has gotten a lot of hate from the Competitive side but here is th thing if the Competitive side is so good they should be able to COMPETE for those drops!

> The only reason I can think of is: With ranks, those who like to flaunt them will continue to “put down” others due to being a low rank. Such an example is “You BK you’re only a 24.” I personally don’t understand why anyone would get their feelings hurt because of this.

Not attacking you personally, but, thoughts like these ruin the world. “EVERYONE has to have a trophy”, well guess what buttercup? Not everyone should have one. There are winners and losers. If you don’t like it do something about it or mute the jerk. Or Better yet, don’t play halo , play My Little Pony because If you can’t handle some jerk online talking smack then you don’t deserve to play a M 17 game.

> > why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun?
>
> Honestly…yes.
>
> They are very salty about us continually dumping on them in matchmaking and mocking them for their low rank and lack of skill. So this is their revenge.

Casual player=/= lacking in skill

Just sayin’

> > why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun?
>
> Honestly…yes.
>
> They are very salty about us continually dumping on them in matchmaking and mocking them for their low rank and lack of skill. So this is their revenge.

And i bet your the very same one who sends abusive voice messages or text message to casuals because they bet you
If your not i’m sorry

> To te ML wannabee community:
>
> Dissagreeing with you doesn´t make us casuals.

Ok maybe your next comment could be on topic. The post is saying each side should get what they want. Whether you be competitive or casual you should have your place in halo. But when a thread like this goes up where someone competitive ask for something, its flamed and insulted.

> > > why do you think that the casuals are some sort of society set out to ruin your fun?
> >
> > Honestly…yes.
> >
> > They are very salty about us continually dumping on them in matchmaking and mocking them for their low rank and lack of skill. So this is their revenge.
>
> Casual player=/= lacking in skill
>
> Just sayin’

casual player = less likely to have heart attack
Competitive = needs 112 on call just in case