To stop some quitting

So We know this quitting has become an epidemic. But some people have brought up a decent point.
Say its 1v4. There are a couple out comes to this. The person might hold there own, but very hard. The person could stand and fight like a man, most likely getting rekt. They could hide until the match is over and then the other team has to sit there for 8 or 9 minutes trying to find the person. Or the person quits.
What about an option added for surrender. This way if its 2v4, or 1v4 if both players or the remaining player surrender the game is ended.
This way the game doesnt get extended longer then it needs to be.
EDIT FOR NEW READERS- The surrender/ forfeit option would only be available if it is 1v4, or 2v4. Wont be available from the start with full teams.

EDIT #2- This isn’t a resolve for quitting. The 1v4 and 2v4 situation is brought up every time the quitting problem comes up. You stay your ground and the match drags, or people quit so they dont ruin their KD. This is just an idea to eliminate this situation.

But is surrendering just another way to quit the game?

Unless you mean this option remains locked until you go down to 2v4/1v4?

I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that. I was opposed to it before, but nowadays, if my team is down by two kills only 10 seconds into the match, one or two of them will quit and, I assume, go cry in the corner. Then it’s usually me and one other person who, I assume, like me doesn’t quit everything in life when it doesn’t go their way and sees something to completion; and we’re taking our beating … though on occasion doing alright. I’ve gotten 2v4 victories before. It’s harder in Halo 5, but in CE, if you knew what you were doing, you could go 1v2 and wreck the other two guys.

Maybe have it where if you’re one of the first two to quit, it’ll count as a Did Not Finish, but if you’re one of the last two, it’ll count as a Forfeit with no penalty. But then maybe that’ll encourage teammates to troll you by shooting at you (not betraying) but shooting you enough so that you’re unable to play the match in an attempt to get you to quit first.

Forfeit or Surrender would be perfect. Smite handles this perfectly. After a certain amount of time, an option becomes available to surrender or forfeit. If 95% of the losing team votes yes, then the game ends. Obviously if it is 1 vs 4 the vote would pass instantly. The winning team would win, losing team would take a loss. At least the game would end instead of dragging on for both teams.

Works perfectly in Smite.

> 2787272447958470;4:
> Forfeit or Surrender would be perfect. Smite handles this perfectly. After a certain amount of time, an option becomes available to surrender or forfeit. If 95% of the losing team votes yes, then the game ends. Obviously if it is 1 vs 4 the vote would pass instantly. The winning team would win, losing team would take a loss. At least the game would end instead of dragging on for both teams.
>
> Works perfectly in Smite.

I want this, but at the same time I don’t. I don’t know why.

> 2533274974350131;5:
> > 2787272447958470;4:
> > Forfeit or Surrender would be perfect. Smite handles this perfectly. After a certain amount of time, an option becomes available to surrender or forfeit. If 95% of the losing team votes yes, then the game ends. Obviously if it is 1 vs 4 the vote would pass instantly. The winning team would win, losing team would take a loss. At least the game would end instead of dragging on for both teams.
> >
> > Works perfectly in Smite.
>
>
> I want this, but at the same time I don’t. I don’t know why.

With this option you could avoid sitting in a game of 1 vs 4 or 1 vs 8 for 10 minutes. I don’t understand why you would not want this. Just makes for a very long boring 8-10 minutes for both teams. Would look much better to have a Defeat than a DNF from quitting.

Very simple mercy rule, when it becomes clear the match is unwinnable for one team mercy rule enacted ending the game in the next 10 seconds. I.E 5 minutes left in a game and one team is up double the opposing teams score. mercy rule enacted.

> 2533274974350131;5:
> > 2787272447958470;4:
> > Forfeit or Surrender would be perfect. Smite handles this perfectly. After a certain amount of time, an option becomes available to surrender or forfeit. If 95% of the losing team votes yes, then the game ends. Obviously if it is 1 vs 4 the vote would pass instantly. The winning team would win, losing team would take a loss. At least the game would end instead of dragging on for both teams.
> >
> > Works perfectly in Smite.
>
>
> I want this, but at the same time I don’t. I don’t know why.

I kinda get what you mean? It sounds good in theory but if it ever gets put in would it be as good as it sounds??? and would you ever use it???

> 2533274807207504;8:
> > 2533274974350131;5:
> > > 2787272447958470;4:
> > > Forfeit or Surrender would be perfect. Smite handles this perfectly. After a certain amount of time, an option becomes available to surrender or forfeit. If 95% of the losing team votes yes, then the game ends. Obviously if it is 1 vs 4 the vote would pass instantly. The winning team would win, losing team would take a loss. At least the game would end instead of dragging on for both teams.
> > >
> > > Works perfectly in Smite.
> >
> >
> > I want this, but at the same time I don’t. I don’t know why.
>
>
> I kinda get what you mean? It sounds good in theory but if it ever gets put in would it be as good as it sounds??? and would you ever use it???

I use it in Smite quite a bit so yes I would for sure use it in Halo. It is much better than actually quitting. Not many people want to sit around for 10 minutes and get spawn killed in a 1 vs 8 game. So yes if I have the option, I would use it. It is a much better option than “quitting” a game. Just throwing out ideas.

Maybe the option would only become available if the teams were uneven and after a certain amount of time.

I would like a forfeit option to be honest. I think it should only be active though if you lose a teammate and are down by double the score to minimise abuse so you don’t just get parties of 3 etc going in to deliberately de-rank other players. It depends what I am playing though and how I feel in BTB I tend to quit if my team all does as playing 8v2 or one is just no fun whatsoever.

In arena however which I care about more I tend to just stick it out. If I know I can’t win against the other team and I am last man standing I just feed the enemy team kills to get it over faster as it’s best for the both of us. I couldn’t give a yoink about my K/D because it means jack -Yoink-. If my K/D is above 1.0 by a lot I am obviously matching people no where close to my skill level.

Actually all they need to do is make it so if you quit a match, it counts as 2 or 3 losses. Therefore quitters are penalized, and less people would do it to save their k/d or rank.

I’ve been playing arena in a team of four tonight and it’s so much better then having to deal with quitters. Honestly my suggestion is just to try and get some people to play in a party with you.

> 2533274899758265;11:
> Actually all they need to do is make it so if you quit a match, it counts as 2 or 3 losses. Therefore quitters are penalized, and less people would do it to save their k/d or rank.

That would effect their w/l but their K/D would remain. I don’t agree with you. instead of punishing quitting there should be incentives for staying in the game. If you’re in a game and the score is 40-10, the only thing that’s going to happen is the winning team gets to pad their K/D stats with easy kills. I say if one team gets 70% of the winning score within One-third of the match time and their score is more than perhaps 1.7x that of the losing team, the option for surrender will appear in the “view scoreboard” screen. Players can use up on the d-pad to vote yes and down to vote no.

> 2533275004372869;13:
> > 2533274899758265;11:
> > Actually all they need to do is make it so if you quit a match, it counts as 2 or 3 losses. Therefore quitters are penalized, and less people would do it to save their k/d or rank.
>
>
> That would effect their w/l but their K/D would remain. I don’t agree with you. instead of punishing quitting there should be incentives for staying in the game. If you’re in a game and the score is 40-10, the only thing that’s going to happen is the winning team gets to pad their K/D stats with easy kills. I say if one team gets 70% of the winning score within One-third of the match time and their score is more than perhaps 1.7x that of the losing team, the option for surrender will appear in the “view scoreboard” screen. Players can use up on the d-pad to vote yes and down to vote no.

Some people quit when they start sucking or losing k/d, sometimes just by 2 kills. Multiplayer stats on waypoint show losing games vs winning games so that would still be viable. However destiny did a mercy rule for their games and it was pretty effective, except for in that new rip off of ricochet game type that they copied with the ball you had to score. But it was fair. Maybe a combination of both would help improve matchmaking. I mean bungie had that extra cr jackpot in reach for players who routinely finished their games out, maybe do something like that with the req points?

> 2533274829723893;1:
> So We know this quitting has become an epidemic. But some people have brought up a decent point.
>
> Say its 1v4. There are a couple out comes to this. The person might hold there own, but very hard. The person could stand and fight like a man, most likely getting rekt. They could hide until the match is over and then the other team has to sit there for 8 or 9 minutes trying to find the person. Or the person quits.
>
> What about an option added for surrender. This way if its 2v4, or 1v4 if both players or the remaining player surrender the game is ended.
>
> This way the game doesnt get extended longer then it needs to be.

To Elaborate further I think this idea is golden, if you give the option to surrender to the enemies they should be able to vote on it whilst moving with an idle button (Perhaps a D-pad push Up for Yes down for No?) Only allowed when it’s at least 4 v 2 or 1. And only allowed by team that has the lesser of teammates. I think it’s a good idea.

Good social playlists are going to help the quitting issue as well. For the most part, people that quit are people that are not having fun, and with the hyper-competitive atmosphere that the ranked playlist has right now, casuals that just want to play casually don’t really have an option. As soon as some good social playlists come out they will be able to play that, and quit all they want due to JiP. Seasons are going to go a long way too. Some people that get placed too high in their ranking can’t really have fun, as they are getting dominated every game. When the new seasons start, and ranks are reset, that should help balance the ranking issues out a little bit. People should be placed more accurately, and that should stop people quitting as much. Overall, the December update is going to do a lot to stop people from quitting as much. Punishing people that quit is not the answer. The solution is exactly what 343i is doing. By fixing the things that “make” people quit, there will be a lot less quitting. JiP in the social playlists will also go a long way in making the negatives of quitting not be felt.

> 2690096563135647;15:
> > 2533274829723893;1:
> > So We know this quitting has become an epidemic. But some people have brought up a decent point.
> >
> > Say its 1v4. There are a couple out comes to this. The person might hold there own, but very hard. The person could stand and fight like a man, most likely getting rekt. They could hide until the match is over and then the other team has to sit there for 8 or 9 minutes trying to find the person. Or the person quits.
> >
> > What about an option added for surrender. This way if its 2v4, or 1v4 if both players or the remaining player surrender the game is ended.
> >
> > This way the game doesnt get extended longer then it needs to be.
>
>
> To Elaborate further I think this idea is golden, if you give the option to surrender to the enemies they should be able to vote on it whilst moving with an idle button (Perhaps a D-pad push Up for Yes down for No?) Only allowed when it’s at least 4 v 2 or 1. And only allowed by team that has the lesser of teammates. I think it’s a good idea.

Yea, this is what I was thinking.

I am one to not quit, and during some of the debates over quitting people would bring up if it is 1v4, or 2v4 and say they didnt want to waste the other teams time. Now I personally would stick it out, but i have been in a few matches where I am on the full team and the match drags searching for one player or 2 players.

Surrender/ forfeit would help ease that time.

Also there would have to be a trigger to set off the surrender. If say 50% of your team quits. Then the option comes up.

I can see this being abused by edgy kids who want to troll people.

Players have been quitting since Halo 2, now the community has a problem with it? I’m sorry, the community needs to find something better to complain about…

> 2600292642016732;18:
> I can see this being abused by edgy kids who want to troll people.

I added in the option isnt available from the start. THis is only meant when it is a 2v4 or 1v4 situation.