To quit, or not to quit

So there is a Dilemma. I’m trying to get some king of the hill wins to master the commendation. I have to get 8 victories per day. But due to things 343i has done, not a lot of my friends play halo anymore. So I search for games alone most of the time. With a low population, it’s hard to get matched up with good players. A lot of times, I get team mates who aren’t focused on winning. So in these kind of the hill playlist games, I often get so many problem. My team mates do so badly or we’re short on players. So this leads to enemy just getting the lead by a lot, sometimes even stopping from getting the hill to get kills. So basically I waste my time. I’m not someone who liked to quit. Even if I lose, I don’t usually quit. I like to stay until the very end… but I don’t know what to do. It’s a waste of time, but I don’t want to quit. What should I do?

I feel the same way man…

It’s sad to see halo like this :frowning:

I hope 343 sees what they did wrong with this game so that they don’t make the same mistakes in Halo 5.

You might be able to find some people in the Recruiting section.

And you never know, you might match with a group of people like I did on Outcast once who do nothing but shoot each other and do nothing with the hill and you get it all to yourself provided nobody comes to kill you and go find someone else to kill. Then again, matches like that are probably very rare but you never know…

Some guy messaged me about it. He needs 200 koth wins.

Sometimes I post my concerns and 343i takes the right path. Biggest one is probably the Spartan assault microtransaction only items. Sometimes I feel like I can make a difference, sometimes I feel like I’m powerless and like if it was lost.

Waiting for him right now. I have 38 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds of sometime in halo 4. I’m the one who plays the most out of my friends.

If my friends could play more with me, that would also be good.

> Some guy messaged me about it. He needs 200 koth wins.
>
> Sometimes I post my concerns and 343i takes the right path. Biggest one is probably the Spartan assault microtransaction only items. Sometimes I feel like I can make a difference, sometimes I feel like I’m powerless and like if it was lost.
>
> Waiting for him right now. I have 38 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds of sometime in halo 4. I’m the one who plays the most out of my friends.
>
> If my friends could play more with me, that would also be good.

What time zone are you in?

Eastern.

> Eastern.

If you ever need a teammates for objective gametypes, my GT is the same as my username. I live in Tennessee so I believe we are in the same timezone.

ALL HAIL THE COVENANT CARBINE!!!

Yeah that just happened BUT OP I feel your pain no one I know plays anymore T-T.

Hey, Erick, I have been trying to get victories too. I am having some, let’s say, free time right now, so I am can play from around 5 pm EST to 5 am EST if I am available.

And, trust me, I know what you mean. I had some serious bad games as well.

> So there is a Dilemma. I’m trying to get some king of the hill wins to master the commendation. I have to get 8 victories per day. But due to things 343i has done, not a lot of my friends play halo anymore. So I search for games alone most of the time. With a low population, it’s hard to get matched up with good players. A lot of times, I get team mates who aren’t focused on winning. So in these kind of the hill playlist games, I often get so many problem. My team mates do so badly or we’re short on players. So this leads to enemy just getting the lead by a lot, sometimes even stopping from getting the hill to get kills. So basically I waste my time. I’m not someone who liked to quit. Even if I lose, I don’t usually quit. I like to stay until the very end… but I don’t know what to do. It’s a waste of time, but I don’t want to quit. What should I do?

1. Why are you just playing for the commendation why not just play the game ?

2. Make new friends / play with friends / DON’T SEARCH SOLO - It’s the worst
    when you search solo ur just asking to loss.

Hope you find someone to help you .

Other then that how do you like the playlist ?

I can help. I’m only one hour ahead of your time zone, and I play almost every day.

I’m sure you can meet people on the forums who are active on H4 and would play KoTH with you. I don’t play this game that much anymore outside of the occasional weekend, but I’d be happy to assist if I’m online. Just send a FR to Virulent Venom with a message.

I’m an average-ish player, but in the same boat - very few friends still play Halo 4. I keep getting into KotH games a player or two down. I happen to like the gametype even by itself, but was hoping to get a bunch of Commendation wins out of the way while it was in the rotation. I’m only able to play 8-10 games a day, so the way it has been I’m lucky to get in more than a couple of wins.

I’m with you, OP. I was ecstatic to see KOTH return as a playlist, both to play it again and to earn the KOTH armor. However, a few days of nothing but blowout losses did nothing but bring me down.

I too search solo most times. I don’t accept that in order to play a Halo game it needs to be done with friends. And besides, those of my friends who still play H4 don’t have all the DLC.

That said, my gamertag is the same as my name here, and I’ll next be on Sunday night through all of next week, so if you’re looking to team up for KOTH, give me a holler.

Well, it looks like a lot of people here are in the same situation as you, OP. Ya’ll need to get together and do some work. Hate that you’d have to resort to this, but whatever works I guess.

> 1. Why are you just playing for the commendation why not just play the game ?
>
> 2. Make new friends / play with friends / DON’T SEARCH SOLO - It’s the worst
> when you search solo <mark>your</mark> just asking to loss.

1. Some people need a challenge to aim for when playing, to give them drive, I’m playing flood all the time now despite not being a big fan of it since I’ve mastered everything else online except scorp and goose destroyers.

2. some people live in rather poor timezones for making buddies consistently online, i live in the UK and I’ve barely met anyone online on any game who i actually still talk to after that day, the recruiting section can help yes, but trying to make nice on online games now is pretty tricky… some people will make a point of team-killing you over a power weapon, so what hope do you have of making nice with them?

I search alone most of the time, too. What’s strange is that my friends (both IRL and WAYPOINT) are never playing Halo.

But I play Halo with you when you’re online, yboo.

> > So there is a Dilemma. I’m trying to get some king of the hill wins to master the commendation. I have to get 8 victories per day. But due to things 343i has done, not a lot of my friends play halo anymore. So I search for games alone most of the time. With a low population, it’s hard to get matched up with good players. A lot of times, I get team mates who aren’t focused on winning. So in these kind of the hill playlist games, I often get so many problem. My team mates do so badly or we’re short on players. So this leads to enemy just getting the lead by a lot, sometimes even stopping from getting the hill to get kills. So basically I waste my time. I’m not someone who liked to quit. Even if I lose, I don’t usually quit. I like to stay until the very end… but I don’t know what to do. It’s a waste of time, but I don’t want to quit. What should I do?
>
> 1. Why are you just playing for the commendation why not just play the game ?
>
>
>
> 2. Make new friends / play with friends / DON’T SEARCH SOLO - It’s the worst
> when you search solo ur just asking to loss.
>
>
>
> Hope you find someone to help you .
>
>
>
> Other then that how do you like the playlist ?

Completionist. I’m at 95%. Three weapons left, finished player, enemies. I’ve been playing other things than commendations. I play a lot of Spartan ops for instance despite me being done. I’ve used my promethean weapons despite finishing with them.

I already wrote about friends. The font search solo thing you said reminds me of, ‘you’re in a car, then you get stopped and someone puts a gun to your head and tells you to give them the money or they will shoot you. Then the robber tells you that it would be your fault if/since you didn’t give them the money.’

Hill time too win is too long, not enough cover in certain hills, some hills should be moved, not enough map variety.

Thanks for the offer guys. I’ll see about inviting people. Still, I haven’t gotten an answer, to quit or not to quit out of games? I don’t want to quit but…

> So there is a Dilemma. I’m trying to get some king of the hill wins to master the commendation. I have to get 8 victories per day. But due to things 343i has done, not a lot of my friends play halo anymore. So I search for games alone most of the time. With a low population, it’s hard to get matched up with good players. A lot of times, I get team mates who aren’t focused on winning. So in these kind of the hill playlist games, I often get so many problem. My team mates do so badly or we’re short on players. So this leads to enemy just getting the lead by a lot, sometimes even stopping from getting the hill to get kills. So basically I waste my time. I’m not someone who liked to quit. Even if I lose, I don’t usually quit. I like to stay until the very end… but I don’t know what to do. It’s a waste of time, but I don’t want to quit. What should I do?

dude I am in the same boat as you, or was, I couldn’t win, atleast even get into a king of the hill match, and would get quitbanned alot and the commendation would be so hard.

luckily I have Ricochet atm to count towards oddball

> I feel the same way man…
>
> It’s sad to see halo like this :frowning:
>
> I hope 343 sees what they did wrong with this game so that they don’t make the same mistakes in Halo 5.

I’m sure 5 will be amazing. I feel like in the years to come both the X1 and Halo will get huge, especially Halo with Spielberg on it now.