'To play this, you will need to buy it' BUT I DID

i tried to click on halo wars 2 on my xbox to see if it was playable yet and get this error message

‘To play this, you will need to buy it’
Either your purchase was refunded or your preorder was cancelled. If you did not cancel it, make sure your payment info is current in settings > all settings > account > payment and billing. (0x803f8007)

but i did not refund anything or cancel my preorder, my payment info is correct and no money has been returned to my bank account. does anyone know how to fix this? i bought the ultimate edition

Same happened to a friend of mine when he bought forza horizon 3. It’s wierd yeah. He bought it with giftcards afterwards. And it took about a week or two before he got the refund. Hope you get it sorted out in time for the launch :slight_smile: try contacting the 24 /7 support chat on the xbox support page.

> 2533274841775745;2:
> Same happened to a friend of mine when he bought forza horizon 3. It’s wierd yeah. He bought it with giftcards afterwards. And it took about a week or two before he got the refund. Hope you get it sorted out in time for the launch :slight_smile: try contacting the 24 /7 support chat on the xbox support page.

thanks, i did apparently the money never got took out of my bank and now [because of a family member] i have nothing in my bank so the order cancelled which is odd since the support said they tried to take it out at times when i did have money in my bank

so looks like i’ll be missing out and needing to avoid spoilers till i can get some money

Im having the same problem but slightly different. I bought the digital deluxe edition and i was able too download halo wars the definitive edition, and i can still play it. But every time i click on halo wars 2 it says the same thing. But if it refunded me then why do i not have the money

> 2533274861244143;4:
> Im having the same problem but slightly different. I bought the digital deluxe edition and i was able too download halo wars the definitive edition, and i can still play it. But every time i click on halo wars 2 it says the same thing. But if it refunded me then why do i not have the money

same for me, not complaining for still being able to play wars but wished i didn’t need to buy the game again [though apparently the money didn’t come out the first time]probably going to take a week or two for me to get the money to rebuy it but should be worth it, just going to be hard not looking at spoilers

Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.

> 2533274883849234;6:
> Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.

for the Ultimate edition the game is live

> 2533275030042825;7:
> > 2533274883849234;6:
> > Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.
>
> for the Ultimate edition the game is live

IT IS?! I thought it’s suppose to go live at 12 AM EST on the 17th? -Yoink- man I still need to finish Halo Wars DE on Heroic though!

> 2533274883849234;8:
> > 2533275030042825;7:
> > > 2533274883849234;6:
> > > Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.
> >
> > for the Ultimate edition the game is live
>
> IT IS?! I thought it’s suppose to go live at 12 AM EST on the 17th? -Yoink- man I still need to finish Halo Wars DE on Heroic though!

lol :smiley: Yeah it’s up for some, I am having trouble with it sadly

> 2533275030042825;9:
> > 2533274883849234;8:
> > > 2533275030042825;7:
> > > > 2533274883849234;6:
> > > > Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.
> > >
> > > for the Ultimate edition the game is live
> >
> > IT IS?! I thought it’s suppose to go live at 12 AM EST on the 17th? -Yoink- man I still need to finish Halo Wars DE on Heroic though!
>
> lol :smiley: Yeah it’s up for some, I am having trouble with it sadly

Apparently it’s not a universal release. So Australia gets the game first, then Europe, then finally North America.

Which is complete bull. In this day and age, there should only be universal releases…

> 2533274792776027;10:
> > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > 2533274883849234;8:
> > > > 2533275030042825;7:
> > > > > 2533274883849234;6:
> > > > > Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.
> > > >
> > > > for the Ultimate edition the game is live
> > >
> > > IT IS?! I thought it’s suppose to go live at 12 AM EST on the 17th? -Yoink- man I still need to finish Halo Wars DE on Heroic though!
> >
> > lol :smiley: Yeah it’s up for some, I am having trouble with it sadly
>
> Apparently it’s not a universal release. So Australia gets the game first, then Europe, then finally North America.
>
> Which is complete bull. In this day and age, there should only be universal releases…

you’d think so - it helps boost the player population too

> 2533274792776027;10:
> > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > 2533274883849234;8:
> > > > 2533275030042825;7:
> > > > > 2533274883849234;6:
> > > > > Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.
> > > >
> > > > for the Ultimate edition the game is live
> > >
> > > IT IS?! I thought it’s suppose to go live at 12 AM EST on the 17th? -Yoink- man I still need to finish Halo Wars DE on Heroic though!
> >
> > lol :smiley: Yeah it’s up for some, I am having trouble with it sadly
>
> Apparently it’s not a universal release. So Australia gets the game first, then Europe, then finally North America.
>
> Which is complete bull. In this day and age, there should only be universal releases…

It is, New Zealand first, then Australia, then Europe and finally America.

I can’t even play Halo wars 2 yet, and it is already 4.30 am, 17th in New Zealand. :confused:

The massive variation and inconsistencies between the regional releases of the game are just crazy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this before.

And, quite frankly, it seems a little unprofessional. Why are physical PC editions and steel book containers limited to 1 region each? Why did Europe get first access to the game due to retailers breaking the release date, without punishment, just because they’re the only ones to get a physical PC version? Why not release the game at the
same global time?

I shouldn’t feel so bitter about this…

> 2533274792776027;13:
> The massive variation and inconsistencies between the regional releases of the game are just crazy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this before.
>
> And, quite frankly, it seems a little unprofessional. Why are physical PC editions and steel book containers limited to 1 region each? Why did Europe get first access to the game due to retailers breaking the release date, without punishment, just because they’re the only ones to get a physical PC version? Why not release the game at the
> same global time?
>
> I shouldn’t feel so bitter about this…

With you 100% on this - almost as if 343i doesn’t care

> 2533274883849234;6:
> Maybe because it’s not the 17th yet? Did you ever think of that? I have no idea why it’s saying you didn’t buy it but you should wait until the game actually releases to try playing it.

its not that they never took the money out of my bank in the first place, despite the support i contacted saying they tried 3 times 2 of which i should have had more then enough money in my bank for the game

‘To play this, you will need to buy it’
Either your purchase was refunded or your preorder was cancelled. If you did not cancel it, make sure your payment info is current in settings > all settings > account > payment and billing. (0x803f8007)

the error i got when i clicked it

> 2533274792776027;13:
> The massive variation and inconsistencies between the regional releases of the game are just crazy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this before.
>
> And, quite frankly, it seems a little unprofessional. Why are physical PC editions and steel book containers limited to 1 region each? Why did Europe get first access to the game due to retailers breaking the release date, without punishment, just because they’re the only ones to get a physical PC version? Why not release the game at the
> same global time?
>
> I shouldn’t feel so bitter about this…

probablly released as it did because europe gets to the 17th before america and Australia before Europe

i wouldnt be complaining about getting it early if i actually got mine! instead got to wait a week or two to get the money

Same happened to me.

And on the 17th.