To People Defending Halo's Population #

You might as well give it up. Halo 4 isn’t what people expected, reviews hyped it up, but in the end people just don’t want to play it. About 200k people are averaging online around certain times of the day and people are saying things like:

  • Black Friday just finished, and people bought other games
  • People are watching College Football
  • People have jobs
  • People have family
  • And the list of excuses go on.

Here’s the problem. Black Ops 2 caters to the same audience as Halo, Battlefield, MoH, etc, and right now ON THE XBOX (NOT ALL SYSTEMS):

625,995 people are playing Multiplayer and
177,225 people are playing Zombies
Throw in anywhere from 50,000-100,000 for campaign and that means that almost 1,000,000 people are playing RIGHT NOW. A lot of people like to claim that CoD uses a 24 hour counter, but that is false. The numbers fluctuate all during the day and ever since launch, the number has not dropped below 400k.

So all those excuses that you guys are using aren’t really true seeing the fact that the competition is doing far better on the same system. I’m not bashing Halo 4 because I love the game, but c’mon guys…

Why do people care how high the population is? I can not understand this, just play the damn game…

343 needs to go make mario cart games or something. They made an ok game but it wasn’t hard for them to copy and get the gist of what halo is. But their ideas and all the new stuff they added is HORRRRRIIBBBLLEEE…

Join in progress = FAIL
Weapon Drops = FAIL
Weapons disappearing = FAIL
RANK = FAIL
MAPS= FAIL
PLAYLISTS = FAIL
NO OBJECTIVES = FAIL

> Why do people care how high the population is? I can not understand this, just play the damn game…

Because everyone wants Halo 4 to beat out Black Ops 2 and reclaim the “King of Xbox Live” title.

Call of Duty is a bigger franchise. There is more product awareness because it’s cross platform and had better promotion. That being said, the higher population makes sense.

Are you comparing the quality of the game to number of players online? Justin Bieber has over 1 billion views overall on his videos on Youtube. Would you consider him a better musical artist than any band that has less views?

edit: go on the Black Ops II forums. They’re in much worse shape than Waypoint.

> 343 needs to go make mario cart games or something. They made an ok game but it wasn’t hard for them to copy and get the gist of what halo is. But their ideas and all the new stuff they added is HORRRRRIIBBBLLEEE…
>
> Join in progress = FAIL
> Weapon Drops = FAIL
> Weapons disappearing = FAIL
> RANK = FAIL
> MAPS= FAIL
> PLAYLISTS = FAIL
> NO OBJECTIVES = FAIL

It’s a decent game overall, but myself and a lot of people disagree with some of 343’s decisions.

> > 343 needs to go make mario cart games or something. They made an ok game but it wasn’t hard for them to copy and get the gist of what halo is. But their ideas and all the new stuff they added is HORRRRRIIBBBLLEEE…
> >
> > Join in progress = FAIL
> > Weapon Drops = FAIL
> > Weapons disappearing = FAIL
> > RANK = FAIL
> > MAPS= FAIL
> > PLAYLISTS = FAIL
> > NO OBJECTIVES = FAIL
>
> It’s a decent game overall, but myself and a lot of people disagree with some of 343’s decisions.

It is definitely better than Reach. I’ll give them that. But compared to Halo 2 and Halo 3 this game is garbage due to those SMALL LITTLE TINY things that could be easily fixed and brought back to its old roots. But no… 343 thinks they know what they are doing… even when we are telling them they are WRONG…

> Why do people care how high the population is? I can not understand this, just play the damn game…

Well due to the low population i keep on getting matched on Red bar host thousends of miles away from me resulting in BS gameplay and me leaving the match.
So many things happens in a game with low population, getting matched on region for good connection gets hard(but it has never worked in Halo anyway so), getting matched on trueskill gets hard with low poulation etc.

> Call of Duty is a bigger franchise. There is more product awareness because it’s cross platform and had better promotion. That being said, the higher population makes sense.
>
> Are you comparing the quality of the game to number of players online? Justin Bieber has over 1 billion views overall on his videos on Youtube. Would you consider him a better musical artist than any band that has less views?
>
> edit: go on the Black Ops II forums. They’re in much worse shape than Waypoint.

I HATE this analogy. It depends. Are you comparing Justin Bieber to another POP STAR? If so, then yes he is better because more people are listening to his stuff. You can’t compare his success to someone of a different genre of music. Call of Duty and Halo 4 are both FPS Shooters therefore you can compare them equally.

I dont care about pop, i play it because its fun.

Btw most people stopped playing because of 70 level cap.

> Call of Duty is a bigger franchise. There is more product awareness because it’s cross platform and had better promotion. That being said, the higher population makes sense.
>
> Are you comparing the quality of the game to number of players online? <mark>Justin Bieber has over 1 billion views overall on his videos on Youtube. Would you consider him a better musical artist than any band that has less views?</mark>
>
> edit: go on the Black Ops II forums. They’re in much worse shape than Waypoint.

Yes actually. Anybody who hates on Justin Bieber and denies his talent is oblivious and close minded just like the halo fan boys.

/thread

> I dont care about pop, i play it because its fun.
>
> Btw most people stopped playing because of 70 level cap.

ANOTHER SMALL TINY MISTAKE MADE BY 343…

COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN FIXED AND AVOIDED IF THIS GAME WAS RELEASED WHEN IT WAS FINISHED… THATS LIKE ME GIVING YOU UN-COOKED FOOD… AND EXPECTING YOU TO BE HAPPY EATING IT…

> Halo isn’t dying. 4 million + people have a copy of it. Also we have Christmas coming up.

This^

Not to mention that Blops 2 has up to 400,00 people. It fluctuates from 300,000 to 400,000 from week to weekend. Add in the still competent Skyrim, AC3, BF3, and Minecraft. Judging from the competition, we can expect Halo 4’s population to be at 200,000 to 250,000. (Stable)

I don’t understand your standards on what the population should be, but it isn’t accurate. For those who feel that everyone agrees that this game sucks, they are wrong too. Most people love Halo 4.

You all need to get out more and know your fellow people.

P.S. For those who say “The game used to be at a million, omg, so bad now…” The majority of people who play video games are “Casual”. Not everyone plays everyday, let alone on weekdays. Most people will pick it up on day 1, and then pick it up whenever they feel like it, which may be weeks apart. The average age of people who play video games is in the 30’s. Yeah, the “Casuals”.

> I HATE this analogy. It depends. Are you comparing Justin Bieber to another POP STAR? If so, then yes he is better because more people are listening to his stuff. You can’t compare his success to someone of a different genre of music. Call of Duty and Halo 4 are both FPS Shooters therefore you can compare them equally.

The topic is musical talent, not the best in the genre. Even so, your point isn’t sound. By your logic the number of people who use a product or service determines its inherent value, and that’s a flawed ideology.

> Yes actually. Anybody who hates on Justin Bieber and denies his talent is oblivious and close minded just like the halo fan boys.
>
> /thread

I’m assuming you’re using yourself as an example of close-minded people?

> Why do people care how high the population is? I can not understand this, just play the damn game…

Because Microsoft and 343i clearly cared a great deal how high the population is, as well as how many sales they got. They clearly tried to implement some COD-esque ideas in order to get some of COD players over to Halo, and beat COD sales. In doing this, they alienated hardcore Halo fans. Its just funny that their efforts were all for nothing since Halo sales and online population are both lower than COD’s

So now they have alienated Halo fans and Didn’t even beat COD…basically a deserved failure to appeal to the mainstream

News Flash: Halo 4s population does not matter so long as there are enough people to start a game in each play list, to me i personally don’t care whether people play BO2 or Halo 4, I drive a Chevy Silverado but i dont go flipping off people in Fords, because in the end it just doesn’t make a difference, its about what I as a player want, and i want fans that are true to the game, not the rainy day type.

> > I don’t understand your standards on what the population should be, but it isn’t accurate. For those who feel that everyone agrees that this game sucks, they are wrong too. Most people love Halo 4.
>
> I’m on Black Ops 2 looking at the population right now…
>
> over 600k in MP
> close to 200k in Zoombies
> anywhere from 50k to 100k in campaign = close to 1 million players on right now.

I’m expecting 40-80k once Halo 4’s hype dies down. Halo caters to a smaller audience and I like it that way. Halo will never reach CoD’s numbers as long as it takes more than 1 or 2 bullets to kill someone. The easier a game is, the more people will play it.

.